January 17th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Plus Sized, Shopping
Roll Call: What are Some of Your Favorite Plus Sized Stores?

MD Trice writes, “I just want to let you know I love your site and that you celebrate women of all shapes and sizes! My question is for you and your readers. I am a plus size 24-year-old and I would like to know where they shop. I’d love to find new places and more fashion forward clothing.”

Off the top of my head, I can think of a few great stores with tons of stylish offerings.
1. Monif C:

Home of the inimitable and universally flattering Marilyn convertible dress (above), Monif C has lots of unique dresses for the plus sized set. Though Monif’s pickings can be pricey (dresses start around $135 and go up), they reign supreme in terms of quality, style, and colors.

2. ASOS Curve

As the sister site to fashion forward ASOS.com, you can expect to find the same daring pieces for affordable prices on ASOS curve. From draped jackets to lace to jeggings, they have a boat load of punchy pieces–all in your size:

3. Jibri

Described as, “Fashion conscious clothes for the curvy woman,” Jibri offers jumpsuits, halter neck dresses, and fun pieces like velvet dinner jackets (pictured above) for women sized 14-24. Snag a high waisted skirt for $130 or a lace overlay dress for $245.

4. Kiyonna

For sophisticated style at size 10 or up, pop over to Kiyonna.com. They specialize in party and cocktail dresses for the curvy set starting at $86 and topping off at around $200.

5. Igigi

From dresses to separates to wedding wear, Igigi is a one stop shop for all your plus sized needs. Log on to peruse styles and also read reviews on size and fit from Igigi faithfuls.

6. Modcloth

The cool online store for contemporaries recently starting sizing dresses up to 3X. Need a prim number for a date or semi formal? Modcloth has got you covered. Bonus: Prices are super affordable, averaging between $45 and $100.

Those are just a few that stand out in terms of style. Of course you can get your basics at long time retailers like Lane Bryant and Torrid, and get your fix in plus sized sections of Saks, Bloomingdales, and Macys.
This is only a small selection.
What are some of your favorite places to shop for plus sized pieces?
Main Image: Amber Riley for Essence.

Posted In
34 comments

34 Responses to “Roll Call: What are Some of Your Favorite Plus Sized Stores?”

1. MissCSE says:

Fashion to figure is my go to store when I need a party dress. Torrid makes me sick and Lane Bryant Ashley Stewart have been leaning towards frumpy lately. Eloqui is a new plus sized line that’s out from Express. I haven’t purchased anything from them, but the clothes aren’t bad looking. And in all honesty, Marshall’s is the best! Maybe it depends on location, but my Marshall’s department store has amazing clothes for plus sized women.

2. MissCSE says:

I forgot about Dorothy Perkins and Forever 21. They’re not the best in my opinion, but they’re not terrible either. I’m a size ignore-er so I venture into H&M often as well.

3. Pumps and Gloss says:

Talbots sells classic clothes for plus size (including petite plus)

4. Latanya says:

I agree, Marshalls and TJ Maxx both have amazing fashions for all sizes. Depending upon the area and the day of week you shop, you should be able to find items that would normally be in upscale stores for far less.

@Claire, I am addicting to this site. xoxo

5. LuvLaNise says:

I luv Dorothy Perkins!!! Claire you put me up on game when I wrote to you about my 25th Bday party outfit. Thx again doll! xoxo!

6. Jaz says:

I love Kiyonna. She has awesome sales if you are willing to wait for clearance. LB and Ashley Stewart are hit and miss for me, especially Ashley Stewart. Torrid has a weird fit for me. I like looking at Igigi and Monif C…. but um I cant afford that.

7. The HPDL says:

we love asoscurve. Def great deals at great prices

8. Alissa says:

@MD Trice-Girl, there are way more plus size options now. As a plus size blogger I always keep my readers up on the latest and greatest in plus clothing. Everything Claire has is right on the money. You should also checkout Carmakoma,Simply Be, Evans, Style369, Very, Monsoon, Fashion to Figure, Gisela Ramirez, Qristal Frazier, and Queen Grace

9. Alissa says:

Oh and Eshakti has an extensive collection of dresses, tops and skirts that range in sizes 2-26

10. Amber says:

All of these selections seem a little pricey(maybe because I’m a broke post grad lol)…Fashion to Figure and City Chic have amazing dresses, while I usually stick to Forever 21 for basics like tees and jeans. Everything in between I can usually find at Target, Old Navy or at a thrift store

11. J_Key says:

I knew about most of these places before but @Slides you really just put me on to a lot of designers I had never heard of…thanks :) and what’s the name of your blog?
    @Amber I love Old Navy :)

12. J_Key says:

Meant @Alissa but this dumb auto correct on my phone

13. kat says:

I shop at Macy’s mostly. But I will tell you, the clothes at Lane Bryant piss me off so bad, that they motivated me to lose weight! 20 down so far, lol!

14. Lemeise says:

Check out Lemeise Boutique @ http://www.lemeise.com for HOT plus size pieces at great affordable prices.

15. Forever 21 Plus fell off to me, when they first came out they had a ton of cute stuff, but I love my Asos, i feel like they don’t have enough dress down items though, but Last season I got a lot of cute dresses there, and they actually use models with some meat on their bones to model the clothing, and they have a catwalk feature that i love, you can see what it looks like, how it flows on a real women….I’ve heard of the other places but i’ve never tried them. I look at their sites, and what not. ModCloth has a plus selection if you’re into vintage of retro type of clothes. Also Evans has a nice selection sometimes. I’m not sure how plus but sometimes I can fit into H&M. I’m wearing a shirt and Cardi from them right now. Michael Kors has cut plus sized stuff, i like what he did last year, you just have to go on his site and find it though.

16. I’ve been rolling with Old Navy & Gap for all of my clothes for years and they haven’t failed me yet. I’ll eventually pick some things up from ASOS Curve though. Torrid has always been a fail and Jibri and Monif C are the only plus size designers I really like.

17. KBS says:

Riley bettah work!!

18. MD_trice says:

Thanks to you all!! Especially Claire!!

I love Dorothy Perkins!! I’ve also heard great things about Fashion to Figure. Your local thrift store could also hold some gems. And lately Old Navy has been revamping their clothing so you should check that out too! Oh, and Target, they always have some really cute pieces.

20. Joanne_ says:

21. FiFi says:

What about Torrid!

22. Miss KS says:

@J_Key..Alissa’s blog is http://www.stylishcurves.net

FashionBomb and Stylish Curves are two blogs I must read everyday

23. Azia says:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!….I might seem a little bit over the TOP but I thank you, thank you! I have been looking around at all these FAB websites all day and I will be ready to hit “order” when my tax money rolls in… = ) Thanks Ladies, Claire & MD TRICE.

24. Summer says:

I will definitely check these sites out! I’ve been looking for some fashion forward clothes in my size (2X). Avenue has some reasonably priced cute clothes in our size. I check them out once in a while.

25. YOU SHOULD VISIT THIS WEBSITE http://www.nadiaaboulhosn.com
    SHE’S A PLUS SIZE MODEL :) Very Beautiful !

26. Apri Lemon says:

Check out http://www.realdivasarelarge.com. This is a plus size accessory store with great pieces all fit for plus size women

27. BoBimmie says:

MissCSE – you are now my personal hero – i had never heard of http://www.eloquii.com/ and i think it’s phenomenal – seriously guys, go look at it – these are not the horrible/typical “plus-sized” design you see all over the place – these are those cute tops/dresses/skirts/etc. that you see at express, but in sizes up to 24. i am in love and officially have my new favorite store.

28. My credit card is about to take a beating thanks to this post……

29. Teresa says:

I’m 26 and I like to shop at a junior store called Deb..its online store can be found at debshops.com, I been shopping there since high school! I buy my jeans there..I find they have a tighter fit in the thigh then most other jeans I find else where in my size (14) that other stores and brands don’t do. It’s just Deb Jeans are more flattering for me…there is a Torrid here too but their jeans are to big/long on me..but I do like some of their tops. I also just bought a coat for the first time from Dr Jays..I hope I love it when it arrives!

30. I LOVE THIS CLAIRE and i like to go to other sites like casual-plus, rue 114, nakimuli, plussizefix.com, alloy (has great extended sizes), victoria secret (has great extended sizes) michael kors via macy’s is great as well as american rag. it is important for women to share the information that we have because lord knows shopping for us sometimes is not the easiest. i share with my followers every chance i get!

31. SdotKing says:

Wow, I just so happen to find this website by watching my favorite talk show host, “Wendy Williams” and boy am I glad I kept reading. You ladies have schooled me on several places to find trendy plus size outfits. However, I too am on a VERY tight budget but I still love fashion and I like to shop within my means!! Thanks so much Claire and the rest of you ladies!

32. Redbarbz says:

Love love love you ladies! Great site and great ppl supporting each other. Thanks a milli for the info!!!

33. Cher says:

Don’t forget pinupgirlclothing.com, bettiepageclothing, stopstaring, I love a hot wiggle dress and while on these sites always look for the fabric stretch bengaline in the description it’s the best kept secret fabric It pulls you in and shapes you and give you a vavavoom look especially with a good longline bra (carnival style bra 710 from herroom.com) which minimizes your breast and makes you appear smaller

34. Hello there my best mate! I must state that this article can be incredible, nice composed and are avalable using virtually all very important infos. I’d like to see more articles this way .