January 17th, 2012
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Mali Romeo from Brooklyn

Happy Tuesday!
Today’s Bombshell is designer Mali Romeo aka Mali Ro from Brooklyn, NY:

She writes, “My style is definitely my own.”

“… it’s a reflection of my mood.”

“… sometimes I’m really classic…”

“…or really bold…”

“… or both!”

“… I’d like to think that I’m always dressed for the occasion.”

” I’m also a tall and slim girl, (I’m 5’9), so I always dress to compliment my height and shape.”

” If you noticed I rarely wear any jewelry.”

“… maybe a nice watch, bracelet or a necklace, if the outfit calls for it–that’s about it!”

Mali is super modest and didn’t mention her clothing line, so I’ll go ahead and do it for her! See some of her work at www.maliromeo.com.
What do you think of today’s entry?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 2-6 picture(s) to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted may be featured on Facebook or Twitter. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game!

Posted In
76 comments

76 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Mali Romeo from Brooklyn”

1. steph says:

love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Glam Dolly says:

Great style. Love the color block crop top and body hugging skirt. I went on her site to would def. purchase a few things. Keep doing your thing!

3. LAUREN says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE the last gold and black outfit!!!!!! gorgeous!

4. Kahalia says:

She knows how to wear color! And I love that she dresses for her body type. But I have to throw a flag on the WIG play. IT’S A NO!
    Otherwise pretty girl, good style.

5. Lainea says:

Very Cute

6. Latanya says:

I like something about every look but I’m not sold on her overall style.

7. ICe says:

Cute girl. I love her style. I will def check out her clothing line.

8. Lainea says:

I wanted to shop on her site, but it was closed ; (

9. Jihan says:

work tbh. I really want that turquoise fringe skirt… part of your line Ms. Mali? If so…

10. MeMe says:

I love it! My only complaint is that she doesn’t have a personal style blog =\

11. J_Key says:

I love it! I was getting really frustrated with the fashion bombshells but this is good :)

12. Indigo says:

All I see are those hideous chunky shoes… I guess that’s the style for the youth. Everyone has their own taste,but I would really like to know the age range of the ppl that frequent this site.

13. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

I probably wouldn’t wear any of this, but I love it on her!

14. Savage says:

Girl is cute, and her style is adorable..miss thing luvs those Lita’s doesn’t she? lol all is great except for that sequin sheer black thing…she can loose that. I dig though..

15. Sandra says:

I did not love her style nor did I love her collection. Maybe because I see so many collections. It just does not have the it thing for me. I would not recommend it to my editor. Anyways, It is good to see her doing her thing and I wish her nothing but the best.

16. Diggs says:

If I had the body for it, I’d completely rock these looks. She definitely has style and it looks effortless– like she just picked things out her closet and decided they looked nice together. I agree that the shoes are all too chunky for my taste, but I can overlook them.

17. Nicole says:

hawt hawt hawt!!…My fav look was the color block with the purple and orange crop shirt soooooo cute!

18. jalo says:

gorge. very american.

if you watch closely, these are the types of fb’s who seem to be loved by the readers more than the ‘edgy’ types.

i think the edgy types would feel at home in london ;)

19. Anna says:

She needs to burn her Lita boots. They just destroy her outfits. Overall, her style is ok. Nothing special. The yellow outfit with the leather jacket is nice minus …the Litas.

20. African Mami says:

her style was bleh! But wish her the best in her clothing line endeavors!

21. Indigo says:

@ Jalo, you know what’s funny, her style wouldn’t fly in Queens. lol Each boro have different styles. And with each boro, you can tell what part of the boro ppl are from by their clothes..

22. @bumiSAYS says:

love everything about it, frm her attitude to her hair to her outfit to her shoes. She seems like a cool girl and very confident in who she is! Loves loves lovesssss!!!!

One of my favorite FBD’s of the yr so far!

23. Vixen1905 says:

Her Style is great and works for Her. Kudos!

24. shelly says:

I actually LOVE LOVE LOVE all of her outfits. I think she may be the best yet this year. But that hair/those wigs…sigh. That bob is killing me softly. Wish she could have switched it up more. It kind of took away from the clothes.

25. Nicole says:

BOMBSHELL!

26. Brittany says:

She doesn’t excite me.

27. coco says:

she needs a better shoe game. JC are cute but not to be worn with everything. but overall her looks are way better that previous.

28. Dobe says:

I really like her outfits! Youthful and fun; I would only swap out a few items (furry coat) and shoe choices.

I’m not really that big jewelry either, a nice watch and a statement necklace is good enough for me.

29. Andrea says:

Best Bomber I’ve seen for the year! Her style works for her. Love the maxi skirt look

30. Bella says:

im thinking either she has told all her family/friends to rate or comment bc I JUST DONT GET IT …. O’ WELL BLAH

31. Kishonda says:

Love it! Not FAMILY OR FRIENDS THANK YOU!

32. ---- says:

lovelovelove her style! its def not my taste bc I dont have the body type for it but I can def dig it! THROW AWAY THOSE DAMN WIGS..Theyre killing me…and not softly.

33. Lili says:

Yooooor looking great girl! Just like a liberette should!

34. Kitty B. says:

Love seeing a BK girl with style! she represents us well :)

35. SxyDread says:

some hits. that black dress was a MISS but overall, she’s got great style. she’s not afraid of bold choices which is a plus. I checked out her clothing line and really… maybe it’s just me but when everything is spandex, i simply can’t get excited about it. I wish her much sucess though!

36. Vee says:

her shoe choices are def. unfortunate. but she isn’t that bad.

37. Tifani says:

Great style!!!!!!!!!!

38. Brinks says:

Cute looks, great body, very put together. My only suggestion: invest in some better shoes. Jeffrey Campbell is not a salvo. And everyone has them. Save up and get some sleek heels and you’ll be straight.

39. Fieldsofdreamz says:

Love it!!

40. Micah says:

Very cute!! Her looks fit her very well without coming off as trying too hard.

41. Mali Ro says:

Thanks everyone ! @Jihan, the colorful outfit is by a friend of mine, EKINEYO and so is the pink dress with the pointed shoulder. I own other shoes ladies lol. I love my JC’s because they’re insanely comfortable! Lol @ the wig comments, I just always like my hair to look full, but I guess that’s just me, thank you anyhow !

42. COTN says:

Very versatile bombshell.

43. Lynn says:

@ Mali, I thought your hair was beautiful! Rock it!

44. Alisha says:

Personally, its hard to judge if a person is “Fashion Bombshell” worthy when we’re given pictures of them going to nighttime festivities, everyone looks done up to hit the clubs, Claire i would suggest in order to be considered/nominated for fashion bombshell, that at least the majority of the pics are casual daytime wear so we can get an understanding of their overall style. it shouldnt be dominated by club attire- but Mali, your look is effortless, you def dress for your height and weight & thats an A plus in my book

45. Whowhatandwhere says:

I really like her look but more importantly her skin is so beautiful! She has a gorgeous glow in all of the photos.

Mali, please come back and share some of your secrets!

46. Taylor says:

So happy to see my friend Mali (don’t wanna say your full name lol) up here! Love your sense of style and your hair ALWAYS looks amazing. Keep it up girl!

47. Monica says:

I love it on her… she defnitely pulls of her looks.

48. antiSOCIAL says: