January 16th, 2012
Fashion News, Kelly Rowland
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Kelly Rowland admits to Juicy magazine, “I’m a shoe whore.  I own almost over 200 pairs.  I don’t know how many red bottoms I own.  I’ve recently been able to wear [Christian Louboutins].  My foot didn’t quite fit in ‘em, but now I can.  I don’t know if they altered them or what.” Yes! Exhale, guys, you can now have that full night’s rest knowing that Kelly Rowland  finally fits into her Louboutins. (Juicy)

Nyasha Matonhodze's toes are holding on for dear life

• Project Runway contestants aren’t the only ones who have to improvise their outfits before the models hit the catwalk. LOVE magazine Editor-in-Chief Katie Grand revealed that models were glued into their shoes with wig glue for Louis Vuitton‘s Spring 2012 show. (Vogue UK)

Miuccia Prada enlisted the help of actors Adrien Brody, Gary Oldman, and William Dafoe to walk in the Prada Fall 2012 Men’s show, hoping to get people even slightly interested in men’s fashion week. (NYT)

• Hood it-bag company of yore, Coach, and the Tony Duqette estate have teamed up to create a 20-piece jewelry capsule collection. The jewelry, crafted with semiprecious stones and colorful crystals, are surprisingly affordable, with price points starting at $48 and going up to $498. (Refinery29)

• More adorable than the grosgrain ribbon sash dresses and leopard print coats are the children modeling the Lanvin Winter 2012 collection. I dare you to watch this  behind-the-scenes video and not smile, or imagine all those beautiful clothes getting stained with chocolate or fruity red drink. (Lanvin)

~Jihan

13 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Kelly Rowland Owns Over 200 Pairs of Shoes, Coach x Tony Duquette Jewelry, and Peep The Lanvin Petite Winter 2012 Video”

1. 200 pairs? Thats it? Im near that point and Im not nearly as well off as her. Step yo numbers up Kelendria! Lol

2. shelly says:

lol @ Jihan’s response to Kelly finally fitting into her Louboutins…

3. sun.kissed says:

LOL at addikted, I was kinda thinking the same thing, but that just goes to show you that most celebrity ish is borrowed. I wonder how many models are growing back toe skin from having their feet glued into those shoes.

4. Crystal says:

200 pairs of shoes is not a shoe whore. and kelly must have some big feet.

5. Dee says:

I was thinking the same think,ladies…only 200?!? I don’t think there is anything anyone can do to peak interest in Men’s Fashion Week. Did I read “Hood it-bag”? Bahahahahahahaha. Those pins are beautiful.

6. lolodoll says:

Ditto – I surpassed that number a long time ago. Granted, I’m sure my shoe collection isn’t nearly as sweet as Kelly’s though. W/regard to the Louboutins (smh at her calling them red bottoms…that term is soo ghetto to me), may not be the size of her feet but rather the width. I have very flat feet and most louboutins are too narow for me. Don’t like to see women whose feet look like they’re hanging on for dear life in ther pumps. Fat bulging out of every corner, feet hanging over the sides, etc. There’s a certain black socialite who is a repeat offender of this offense. Just want to grab her and say “take those darn shoes off. I know your feet are hurting in them. Just because they’re designer doesn’t mean you should force your feet into them.”

7. mia516 says:

hood it-bag of yore? *insert unhappy face* i love my coach bags and while i was a little surprised when “treeka & ‘em” discovered that the term coach was relegated to the local optimist football team and in fact was a leather goods and accessories deisgner, i quickly got over my surprise since their affinity never moved beyond fake logo bags. kelly “200 pairs” roland, I clock in at well over 175 and while my closet isn’t packed with Christian Louboutins I think a lot of women are dancing round that 200 mark, so gold star for her…but I wonder what in the world she was wearing before? The same black pumps every Tuesday and Thursday?

8. labelwhorre says:

@mia516…..amen and preach on.

9. Briana says:

200 is alot for me since I’m struggling for 2 :-\ …200 to me sounds like heaven

10. Unhappy says:

Where in the Refinery29 story did it said “hood it bag of yore…” I got a sour taste in my mouth just by the comment and error in grammar. I love handbags and own a few of the top names, but no need to brag about it. Didn’t think I would get a one minded comment like that.

11. Afrikka! says:

I wrk @ my local Coach store and let me tell u we get everybody from the hood rats to the Jones to the ppl who try to keep up to the Jones and it really depends on what kind of bag u get…Im sooo w @ Unhappy on this one

12. Jihan says:

At no point did I say only people in the hood rock Coach bags (and if they did, so what?). My mother, ever the fashionable diva has a Coach purse I actually stole from her to carry with me to Fashion Week (fit the ipad and errthang… I’ll probably steal it again too).

I was referring to the old days (early 2000s) when Coach was the it brand in the hood, which, it certainly was. I don’t mean to say that Coach is trashy or anything like that. As I said, I make a lot of wisecracks in the news, so much of what is said (besides, of course, factual information) should be taken with a LARGE grain of salt. Laughing releases endorphins, and the Lord up above knows I love me some endorphins.

:D

13. dahlia says:

200 shoes of Louboutin,Lanvin, Brian Atwood is still way more impressive than 120 Aldos, 50 Bakers and maybe 30 Louboutins…