• Solange Knowles sat down with Vogue Italia’s Black Blog to talk black women in fashion and of course, her unique sense of style.
The new aunt might have her big sis Beyoncé to buy her 25 pairs of designer shoes for her birthday, but just like the rest of us, she can’t afford cop all the designer duds she wants: “I am still on last season’s wish list! I still need to dive into some of the insane sales of things I drooled over but could not fix myself to buy new things when I have a new house to furnish. There is a pink and orange wool jacket from Bottega Veneta that I am lusting over. A yellow Proenza Skirt I have been trying to get my hands on forever. I am definitely into waiting until I can truly afford the statement pieces I love, that I will wear forever!” Fashionable and practical (and wanting the same pieces I do?) Did she just get more awesome, or is it just me? (Vogue Italia)
• Harlem rapper Azealia Banks has been garnering notoriety around the music scene for her raunchy lyrics and downtown cool-girl style. But now, it seems the “212″ singer is trying to earn her stripes as a fashion icon. Banks is said to be working with Lady Gaga stylist and Mugler creative director Nicola Formichetti on her new music video. But that’s not all. Yesterday, both she and Formichetti tweeted that they were spending day together shooting for V magazine! Could we have a new mega style icon of color in the making? (Fashionista)
• Kimora Lee Simmons is set to debut her new line of skincare products, Shinto Clinical. The nine-piece line is inspired by the marriage of Eastern and Western skincare traditions. Ingredients like pearl powder, beta glucan, and Wakame kelp extract hearken to the regimen of Eastern women, while the clinical aspect of the products are a nod to western culture. Included in the line are cleverly named products like Pore it Out, a pore concealer and Wrinkle Shrink, a wrinkle diminishing serum. The line will launch on QVC February 24, and will make the move to retail spots like Nordstrom in early March. (WWD)
• First Lady and style icon Michelle Obama launched a twitter account yesterday! @MichelleObama is managed by the Obama 2012 campaign staff, but any tweets written by the lady herself will be signed “-mo.” So far, she has over 248,000 followers! The only thing that would make this account cooler is if Ms. Obama tweeted her outfits everyday, but I doubt that will happen. (WWD)
• Target is expanding its reach and taking a new approach to capsule collaborations. The mega-retailer announced it will be partnering with small boutiques and specialty stores from all over the country, bringing small town wares to Target customers. Soon, you’ll be able to enjoy products from Cos Bar, a beauty shop in Aspen, or spoil your pampered pooch with gourmet dog treats from Boston’s Polka Dog Bakery. Three other stores have joined this first round of shops, and throughout the year more will be introduced. What a great way to support small businesses! (Styleite)
•H&M has created the H&M Design Award to honor fashion students for outstanding work upon graduation. The very first award will be bestowed February 1st upon one lucky winner during Stockholm Fashion Week, followed by a show with the winner’s collection. Yay for supporting up and coming designers!
10 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Solange Knowles Talks to Vogue Italia, Kimora Lee Simmons’s New Skincare Line, and Target’s New Approach to Collaborations”
Leave a Reply
Fashion Bomb TV
Popular Posts This Week
Cheap shopping online for more fashion and beauty products