• Vanessa Simmons recently launched a lingerie line called Rose by Vanessa Jean, which will include three collections: “Vintage Chic,” “Rock Your Sexy” and “Naughty Lil’ Princess.”
Would you rock bras and panties designed by Ms. Vanessa? (BE Next)
• Marc Jacobs promises the new Louis Vuitton- Marc Jacobs exhibit opening in Paris this March will not be all lame and educational. The designer tells the Telegraph, “There is nothing more boring than an educational fashion exhibition in a museum or looking at still clothes on mannequins or in vitrines, so the team has come up with some very interesting ideas,” as if anything he’s ever created has been uninteresting. He also talked about his decision to stay with Louis Vuitton, and walk away from the offer to replace John Galliano at Dior: “It’s a great honour to be considered, and Mr. Arnault is a super intelligent man and a very smart man and it was certainly a very great honour for him to know that I was capable – and not only capable but that I am someone that he would have wanted for the job. But I am very happy to be here. There is so much more left to do and building Louis Vuitton into a fashion company is something nobody else can say they really started.” (Telegraph)
• Anna Wintour will be honored with an Ally for Equality award by the Human Rights Campaign for her outspoken support of marriage equality. The editrix is set to be presented with the award at a gala dinner February 4. (Fashionista)
• You might cry real tears after hearing Jay-Z‘s newest song, featuring a sample of his days-old daughter, Blue Ivy, making her first cries. The extremely personal track (produced by Pharrell Williams) talks about Beyoncé‘s (until now unknown to the public) miscarriage, and reveals that the child was conceived one night in Paris. Real tears! (Hello Beautiful)
• Tommy Hilfiger is having his usual downtown showing of his men’s and women’s collections at the Park Avenue Armory. Men’s will take place on Friday February 10th at 5:30pm; Women’s will be on Sunday, February 12th at 8pm.