January 10th, 2012
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Vanessa Simmons recently launched a lingerie line called Rose by Vanessa Jean, which will include three collections: “Vintage Chic,” “Rock Your Sexy” and “Naughty Lil’ Princess.”

Would you rock bras and panties designed by Ms. Vanessa? (BE Next)

• Marc Jacobs promises the new Louis Vuitton- Marc Jacobs exhibit opening in Paris this March will not be all lame and educational. The designer tells the Telegraph“There is nothing more boring than an educational fashion exhibition in a museum or looking at still clothes on mannequins or in vitrines, so the team has come up with some very interesting ideas,” as if anything he’s ever created has been uninteresting. He also talked about his decision to stay with Louis Vuitton, and walk away from the offer to replace John Galliano at Dior“It’s a great honour to be considered, and Mr. Arnault is a super intelligent man and a very smart man and it was certainly a very great honour for him to know that I was capable – and not only capable but that I am someone that he would have wanted for the job. But I am very happy to be here. There is so much more left to do and building Louis Vuitton into a fashion company is something nobody else can say they really started.” (Telegraph)

• Anna Wintour will be honored with an Ally for Equality award by the Human Rights Campaign for her outspoken support of marriage equality. The editrix is set to be presented with the award at a gala dinner February 4. (Fashionista)

• You might cry real tears after hearing Jay-Z‘s newest song, featuring a sample of his days-old daughter, Blue Ivy, making her first cries. The extremely personal track (produced by Pharrell Williams) talks about Beyoncé‘s (until now unknown to the public) miscarriage, and reveals that the child was conceived one night in Paris. Real tears! (Hello Beautiful)

Tommy Hilfiger is having his usual downtown showing of his men’s and women’s collections at the Park Avenue Armory. Men’s will take place on Friday February 10th at 5:30pm; Women’s will be on Sunday, February 12th at 8pm.

~Jihan

23 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Vanessa Simmons Launches Lingerie Line, Marc Jacobs Talks Vuitton Courtship, and Jay-Z’s Song for Baby Blue Ivy”

1. RubyRuex says:

That song, ‘Glory’, just wow… And hearing baby Blue’s cries at the end… Honestly, I didn’t realise just how much of a stan I was, but that song…

*tears up*

that song is just so darn beautiful…

2. Dee says:

Are there any actual pictures of the collection of Rose by Vanessa Jean? I have googled all day and nothing. I would look to see it.

3. Savage says:

Marc is one good looking man, and Vanessa and underwear? Why?

4. sun.kissed says:

I don’t think I’ll be buying Vanessa’s panties, lol. The song is very nice, loves me some Jay! Two of my favorite people created a baby together, wow!

5. yeah, the backlash from Glory bothered me. People threw so much shade during these folks whole pregnancy, and to me it’s sad. Why can’t folks just let them be? I guess it’s the “in” thing to not celebrate, or be happy for someone. Nobody is saying send a fan letter, but this was a song that he made for his daughter, and he is happy to be a dad. I think the song was great, and very touching, coming from someone who grew up in a single home.

6. marre says:

what an attention whore, that sean carter dude

i didnt expect anything else though.

to distract people from that ‘pregnancy’ you throw in the miscarriage word

desperate..

7. T1K says:

Hey, it is what it is, if he wanted to make a song about his baby girl, then why not? He sings about everything else. I’m happy for them! I don’t have children yet but I can only imagine how it feels to have a baby. Wish them all the best and can’t wait to see baby Blue.

8. Savage says:

I don’t believe they are attention whores at all…i mean if they were the 1st time she got pregnant and had a miscarriage it would’ve been public knowledge. Or the fact that she waited until she was like 5-6 months to annouce that she was pregnant. I think homegirl kept it underwraps very well.

9. metoo247 says:

I agree with both sides. The song is def beautiful and touching. But even if you’re the biggest Jay-Z and Beyonce fan, you have to admit that the lengths they go to grab the public’s attention are a bit much. Since they are a “private” couple, I would expect them to keep something as personal as a miscarriage under wraps. But hey…whatever to keep you relevant…right.

10. Karmen says:

yall are too much wit these negative comments. smh speaking ill of others only reflects poorly on you. why try to steal that man’s joy?

11. Nickieluv says:

@ Karmen- ^5

12. Muah says:

Good for Anna.

Wait…doesn’t Jay Z already have a kid? Smh. Guess anything for some attention. Some people need a life seriously. Lol

13. Mona L says:

People are so funny if they share too little the couple is weird and if they share too much the couple are attention seekers.. make up ya f’n mind!

14. A-Danielle says:

Whether or not she actually “carried” the child…
    Them being choosy on what they divulge to the public…

Affects your life how?

Who the hell cares…let them live their lives how they want. No one on this earth has the right to criticize the next human being.

15. Ohlala says:

I think the song is sweet.

What I have a problem with is that the way they went about purchasing a section of the hospital, barring other parents of newborns from seeing their babies. Most other celebrities have had children without creating such a hulabaloo. Why not have the child at one your sprawling manses or check into one of the many posh, private clinics available to the elite bourgeois.

Their highnesses need to keep themselves in check. What they did shows such an insensitivity and disregard for others. I think an apology is in order.

That is all for my rant. If anyone wants to check out the full story: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/10/nyregion/after-birth-by-beyonce-patients-protest-celebrity-security-at-lenox-hill-hospital.html?emc=eta1

16. NikkiBellaRay says:

I agree with @Mona L, can’t win for losing sheesh, but I love the song and the man has the right to sing about his daugther, can’t blame him for being a proud father.

17. lolodoll says:

Folks like Stacey English are out here missing and we’re worried about a baby / song dedicated to a baby. Smh! I wish them the best, but it’s not that serious. Folks have babies everything. Nothing new or special about this situation.

18. befree1619 says:

Did people even listen to the song? What tribute to the birth of a child uses profanity ( shit, nigga, ass, Goddamn)? This song is not Zion (l-boogie) or Isn’t She Lovely ( Stevie Wonder). Who curses in a song dedicated to their child? I don’t get it…or maybe I was suppose to just listen to the beat.

19. DivaFabulosa says:

I sure hope Jay-Z has an edited version for his baby girl to listen to when she gets older.

Can’t wait to see Vanessa’s lingerie line, I might be one of the few people interested. I’m curious about the Vintage Chic line. I love Marc Jacobs. I just bought his perfume “Lola”, it smells sooo good, get lots of compliments on it.

20. Angelwynxx says:

I heard Jay Z’s newest song and it really touched my heart! I saw the passion on his song and Marc Jacobs — love his designs.

21. dayuum_chelz says:

idk his song didn’t move me or anything. but it was still sweet. nice to see a man have love for his child.

22. Empress says:

Some of these bitter women who are chastising Jay about the song he made for his child, they are just mad because they have dead beat baby fathers…Smh..

Love Jay and Bey…Congrats to them! They deserve it

23. lola says:

@ empress. lol. its because i have proper father, that i can tell an attention seeking, miscarriage word dropping, profanity spreading fool from a good man. him being worth millions doesnt make him a good person.

thankyouverymuch