January 9th, 2012
Fashion News, Solange Knowles
Fashion News: Solange Knowles Signs to Next Models
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

It seems our Fashion Bombshell of the Year, Solange Knowles, is fixin’ to grab that #1 spot again in 2012. Vogue UK reports that the new aunt has snagged a contract with Next Models under their talent umbrella.

The DJ and style icon is no stranger to the modeling world. Ms. Knowles has appeared in campaigns for Rimmel London, Carol’s Daughter, and Armani Jeans. She’s also acted as a style muse for Suno and been named Who What Wear’s Girl of the Month, a title unsurprisingly almost exclusively (perhaps unintentionally) bestowed upon white women. She will also be featured in Vogue UK’s Today I’m Wearing feature, which documents the daily personal style of various celebrities.

Ms. Knowles is rightfully excited about this new contract: “Artistic expression is invaluable to me in all walks of my career and I am so excited to continue to develop this path along with such an amazing team at Next Model Management. I feel right at home working with people who have worked beside such creative forces in the world.” Congratulations to her! We can’t wait to see what projects this deal brings her in 2012!

~Jihan

22 Responses to “Fashion News: Solange Knowles Signs to Next Models”

1. Maisha says:

I personally LOVE Solange and her style. Congrats to her…

2. Caribbelle says:

This is great, I’m hoping to see her in more editorials. She definitely has the legs to be a model.

3. DarkEmpress says:

Yay! She needs to get more shine in 2012. She is definitely underrated.

4. M says:

Solange is stunning! I think she looks much better when she is NOT doing the “Badu” look. She is also an incredible artist and entertainer, she performed on TV one New Years Eve and she was so unique, love her Motown sound! She should be in the studio rather than DJing!

5. Utibe Akpaninyie says:

AWESOME!! Congrats to her!!! I love her style and she is beautiful.

6. Grace says:

Her face has always looked oddly disproportionate to me. Someone please remind me why she’s famous again, aside from her familial affiliation. Was it her widely successful debut album? Her winning, DJ-ing skills? Oh no, wait…

7. whatevs says:

Awesome!!!!

8. sun.kissed says:

Sounds nice, good for her!

9. Bella says:

Grace Have you listened to sol angel and the Hadley street dreams or are you just hating for no reason? It’s not like she’s trying to ride Beyonce’s coattail. She has her own sound, look, and personality.

10. let's eat cake says:

Grace should go have a seat.

11. vanessa says:

Love her style !!!! Awesome!!!!

espantajasandfriends.blogspot.com

12. Huh? says:

What exactly is the “Badu” look? @M

13. A says:

Thank you Bella! Grace is hating for no reason. I’m glad Solange has her own identity and not riding her sister’s coat tail. No one can compare the two unlike some celebrity siblings. Good for you Solange!

14. Missus says:

Aww good for her! I’m glad to hear this and eager to see more of her.

15. Marsha D says:

Love me some Solo alllll day but model? Muse yes, model no…stylist maybe, but model no. Luv u Solo! Muwah!

16. OMGEEZY!!! says:

Um I adore Solo and her music! She is always fly/Unique as all get out!!!With that being said …how tall is she?At Marsha D i agree with u…She is def muse worthy!

17. Nneka says:

she is def a fly chick, I am more excited about seeing her daily looks on vogue website to be honest

18. Mona L says:

Low key I’m excited for her shes not the most gorgeous girl but i can appreciate seeing her on runways and print ads!

19. Miss Understood says:

I’m so happy for Solo! It’s great to see her finally come into her own.

20. Now this would be the icing on the cake, if she did at least some features on a song or two. I can’t wait to see what she does this year! I love that chick!

21. Opening Act says:

Solange’s album was one that was definitely slept on. I love that album. She is definitely a talented artist and has tremendous style. I think this is a great opportunity for her and happy that a woman of color has gained this. She is definitely winning! Go ‘head Auntie Solange! :)

22. lolodoll says:

Model? May she’s signing on as a special kind of “model” and I use that term loosely. When I look at her definitely don’t see Chanel Iman / Joan Smalls like model potential. This must be due to asociation.