January 8th, 2012
Celebrity Style, Who Wore it Better
By Faith

Kim Kardashian indulged in a little retail therapy in Beverly Hills this weekend in the same $1855 Stella McCartney Contrast Lapel Blazer Savannah Brinson wore to a Celtics vs. Heat Game almost two weeks ago:
20120108-233915.jpg
While Savannah went glam and girly with a flare mini, pink Céline tote and sky-high Giuseppe Zanotti wedges, Kim went for menswear-inspired with a scarf, black skinnies and $677 Casadei Pin Heel Stiletto Pumps.

I love Savannah’s feminine flair, but her statement accessories push the jacket into the background and your eyes have no idea which piece to focus on in the look. Kim’s outfit really gives the jacket its shine and she achieves the season’s huge menswear-inspired trend perfectly. What do you think?

The jacket has since sold out, but get some budget-friendly options here.

33 Responses to “Who Wore It Better?: Kim Kardashian vs. Savannah Brinson in Stella McCartney’s Contrast Lapel Jacket”

1. LinLin says:

it looks like Savannah just threw it on as an afterthought Kim plays it up well

2. stallion says:

Kim looks average. I’m over the “skinniest and a blazer” look. Savannah’s is way more flurry and playful. Your eye catches the whole look.

3. lolodoll says:

Neither. @Stallion, I’m with you. Don’t get why so many ladies gush over KK looks. Yes, she looks nice in some of her outfits but she has not depth. Just your typical blazers and skinny jeans or bodycon dresses. That isn’t having style to me…so monotonous.

4. @bumiSAYS says:

Kim. – something about the shape of the jacket annoys me. Seems a bit “boxy”

5. Savannah’s shoes are unreal. Love the shoes the most our of everything these two are wearing

6. CG says:

Im loving Kimmy’s look. Something about Savannah’s outfit is looking off but I cant exactly put my finger on it.

And @ lolodoll : I know I usually love Kim’s looks because we have the same shape (whether hers is real or not) and there arent many stylish ppl with it besides Beyonce & Jlo. It’s nice to see that we can dress in nice things without it automatically being too sexy! I like being chic too!

7. binks says:

I think they both look good but I vote for Savannah because of Stallion reasoning above we seen Kim do this look to death at this point it’s her standard uniform

8. sun.kissed says:

Kim hands down! Savannah is doing the too much and not enough all at the same time.

9. Tamara says:

Kim wore it better. The grey in Savannah’s dress doesn’t work with the color of the blazer. The bag looks more fun than glam. It’s just a big ole mess in my opinion.

10. Ama says:

sun.kissed hit it right on the nail! “Savannah is doing too much and not enough all at the same time” Love her shoes though. If she had a simpler top (black or white) I think it would look better. The grey with the beading throws the whole thing off.

11. juju says:

Lol Binks it is like her uniform

12. Mel says:

Kim for sure, she looks very chic and classy. Although I wouldve done a different color for the scarf to add some more variation. Savannah, in my opinion is doing too much, putting too many trends together.

13. Roco says:

Kim. Savannah’s pieces all look like they belong to a different outfit

14. My Response says:

Kim always good.

15. Jaida says:

I’m gonna have to go with Kim K. on this one. I will never in a million years understand the Kardashian family hype, but I can’t deny that I love Kim & Kourtney’s style. I really wish Kim would’ve furthered her career as a stylist instead of being known for ……… yeah, you know the rest.

16. 2 Legit 2 Quit says:

I think they both look haute but I REALLY love how Kim K added the skinnies and aviators!

17. jillibooboo says:

kimmy kakes all the way. savannah looks dumb

18. Crystal says:

Kim killed it!

19. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

Why is that jacket so expensive?! Mango has a jacket just like that for less than $100! And I love the blazers and skinny jeans look, nothing wrong with a uniform as long as its chic and comfortable. There’s so many ways it can be done, my “blazer and skinnies” look never looks the same twice.

20. KBS says:

Even though I adore that pink bag, Kim looks more sophisticated & together. I like a lot of Kim’s looks, but Kourtney is by far the best dressed of the 3 K’s, yet she’s rarely profiled.

21. Alexis says:

KIM!! Savannah looks like she’s trying too hard! She always has a “POP” of color, but it’s never right! I wish I could style her! Especially now that she will be Savannah James…

22. rania says:

kim. definitely. at the end of the day, no matter what you think of her/her family, she does kill it.

23. Dobe says:

Definitely Savannah!

24. I like Savannah’s look more but her bag kind of throws me off. Maybe if it wasn’t pink?

25. Glamorous Goddess says:

Savannah wore it better. Love Savannah’s shoes. Kim K. is cute as well.

26. DarkEmpress says:

Can we please avoid Kim K. for 2012? Please!

27. Claire says:

@DarkEmpress Haha

28. Dom says:

I’m with DarkEmpress let’s lay her and her basic sisters to bed for 2012. For the love of Hay seus!

Sav-y all the way!

29. Jazzy says:

Kim looks great but she can lose he scarf. Savannah could lose almost everything including the bag, necklace, grey top, and the skirt is too short and too long at the same time. The jacket and the skirt are almost the same length.

30. JAE says:

Kim killed the look ! I love the look that Savannah was going for but her shoes (as cute as they are) threw it off . She should have opted for black closed-toe heels .

31. Grace says:

Definitely Kim. Savannah looks as if she’s trying too hard and that look is ALL OVER THE PLACE. She needs a stylist.