• Lala Vazquez-Anthony is positioning herself to make more money than she already does by launching a cosmetics line in collaboration with Motives makeup.
The line, set to debut on the Motives website in February, will cater to women of color, although Ms. Vazquez-Anthony will offer shades for women of all skin tones. Based on Lala’s makeup choices, would you wear her line? (The Insider)
• The Jason Wu for Target collection looks better and better with each leaked image! T Magazine posted this shot of a prim, poplin sailor-stripe dress and darling satchel, and today, Lucky magazine leaked this ad featuring another adorable look from the capsule. The collection will be available February 5th in Target stores and online. Can’t wait! (Lucky)
• Vogue editor-at-large, curator extrodinaire, and money managing expert André Leon Talley is set to be presented with the Fashion Innovator Award by CFDA President Diane von Furstenberg at the semiannual EMERGE! Fashion show put on by the D. Williams Public Relations Group on February 14th. Past honorees include Constance C.R. White, Editor-in-Chief of ESSENCE magazine, who received the award last fall. Congratulations to Mr. Talley, for whom I have nothing but love!
• Relationships writer Demetria Lucas, or A Belle in Brooklyn is holding a cocktail hour this Tuesday, January 10, from 6-9PM at Ludlow Manor. Have cocktails with Belle and mingle with smart, driven, stylish ladies! The Ludlow Manor is located at 95 Delancey street at Ludlow. RSVP to email@example.com See you guys there!
• Because they are not nearly overexposed enough, the Kardashian family is aiming to launch their own magazine. The New York Post reports they are close to making a deal with American Media, Inc. (publishers of Star and The National Enquirer,) and the magazine could be on newsstands as soon as spring. Now, in the tradition of the North Korean propoganda machine, Kardashians can control at least part of the press. (NYPost)
All images on www.the-fashion-bomb.com and www.fashionbombdaily.com are readily available on the internet and believe to be in public domain. Images posted are believed to be published according to the U.S Copyright Fair Use Act(title 17, U.S. Code.). Copyright ® 2006-2015 The Fashion Bomb LLC. ® 2006-2015 All text herein is property of the author and may not be copied or reproduced without explicit permission.