January 4th, 2012
Andre Leon Talley, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Lala Vazquez-Anthony is positioning herself to make more money than she already does by launching a cosmetics line in collaboration with Motives makeup.

The line, set to debut on the Motives website in February,  will cater to women of color, although Ms. Vazquez-Anthony will offer shades for women of all skin tones. Based on Lala’s makeup choices, would you wear her line? (The Insider)

• The Jason Wu for Target collection looks better and better with each leaked image! T Magazine posted this shot of a prim, poplin sailor-stripe dress and darling satchel, and today, Lucky magazine leaked this ad featuring another adorable look from the capsule. The collection will be available February 5th in Target  stores and online. Can’t wait! (Lucky)

Vogue editor-at-large, curator extrodinaire, and money managing expert André Leon Talley is set to be presented with the Fashion Innovator Award by CFDA President Diane von Furstenberg at the semiannual EMERGE! Fashion show put on by the D. Williams Public Relations Group on February 14th. Past honorees include Constance C.R. White, Editor-in-Chief of ESSENCE magazine, who received the award last fall. Congratulations to Mr. Talley, for whom I have nothing but love!

• Relationships writer Demetria Lucas, or A Belle in Brooklyn is holding a cocktail hour this Tuesday, January 10, from 6-9PM at Ludlow Manor. Have cocktails with Belle and mingle with smart, driven, stylish ladies! The Ludlow Manor is located at 95 Delancey street at Ludlow. RSVP to cocktailswithbelle@gmail.com See you guys there!

• Because they are not nearly overexposed enough, the Kardashian family is aiming to launch their own magazine. The New York Post reports they are close to making a deal with American Media, Inc. (publishers of Star and  The National Enquirer,) and the magazine could be on newsstands as soon as spring. Now, in the tradition of the North Korean propoganda machine, Kardashians can control at least part of the press. (NYPost)

~Jihan

17 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Lala Vazquez Anthony to Launch Cosmetics Line, André Leon Talley is a Fashion Innovator, and a Kardashian Magazine Coming Soon?”

1. J_Key says:

I personally don’t wear makeup, but LaLa’s makeup is usually on point so her cosmetics line should do good, and I am super excited for the Jason Wu x Target line!

2. sun.kissed says:

LaLa and makeup sound like a good match to me. Can’t wait to see what she comes up with, her make up always looks great! Yes to Jason Wu for Target! No to the Kardashian Mag, JUST NO!

3. NikkiBellaRay says:

Yeah I’m really feeling Lala’s cosmetics line, that lady can’t do no wrong to me, she is usually on point with a lot of things.

4. Savage says:

Lala and her own makeup line..kinda underwhelming to me. And I can’t get enoughof ALT!! Yes ma’am! Why in the wake os massive backlash would the Kardashians try to drop a magazine?

5. Apple says:

I love Khloe but her shoes look too small.

I’ll pass on LaLa’s makeup for now. I wonder what the prices look like.

6. Dobe says:

Glad LaLa is working on something that fits her. Not really into Target collabo’s, but I will check out this Jason Wu one.

7. Tiana says:

I’ll play a wait and see on lala’s makeup, I love her though. Yes for Jason Wu x target, calendar marked! You can say alot about those Kardashians but stupid is not one of them. They are literally on every tabloid mag cover this week, y not they’re own.

8. Mrs Windy city says:

wtf?? A magazine? That talks about what? The best conturing methods, baby bump fashions and matching your Hermes to your hubby’s team colors?

Overkill!

9. Nicole says:

We really can do without the Kardashians coming out with a mag, I mean really they have their hand in everything!…chile please *ochocinco voice**

10. Joslyn says:

Lala has a good color range from what I see in the picture. I’ll have to look out for the line. Jason Wu for Target = excited. Congrats to Andre!

11. Kahalia says:

Andre is done for me. He should think before he speaks sometimes. Sure he ‘s a legend-he’s done so much for VOGUE, but I still remember a ridiculous interview he did with OPRAH a coupla years back-when he had lost all that weight. He was going on and on about how its so out of style to be fat. I was dumbfounded at his prounouncements. Very fake and grandiose. No thanks.

12. La La and makeup go well together. This is a good look for her. Women look up to her, i’m sure that if the make up is good she will do well. Don’t be on BS La La :)

13. Ms.Corporate says:

Love the makeup collab for Lala, can’t wait to see it in person. Kardashians + Publishing World = #EPICFAIL, can’t wait to see that magazine die just like their credit card.

14. llehsal says:

NO! @ Kardashian magazine….they already have books, blog, tv show..what else is there to know about them?

15. Joanne_ says:

idk about Lala’s makeup line, i would have to see it in person, mainly because i feel like we don’t really need ANOTHER makeup line… we’ll see

16. Kay says:

I love Lala’s makeup, and I’m anxious to see this new line. I’ll definetly buy it, just to try it out It .
    *Yawns at the Kardashians*, I’m OVER you all, done!

17. whatevs says:

idk…I thought Kimora’s line was going to be the bomb…but she went the cheap route and didn’t last a full year…actually I feel the same about Iman’s line…