January 4th, 2012
Snapshot

Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade by Matthew Rolston for Essence February 2012. ESSENCE’s February issue hits newsstands on January 12th.

Snapshot is a section showcasing ad campaigns, pictures, and editorials featuring men and women of color. No words, just an image. Enjoy..and discuss!
Images courtesy of Essence Magazine.

Posted In
45 comments

45 Responses to “Snapshot: Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade by Matthew Rolston for Essence February 2012”

Gosh I love the way they love each other! get married already!

2. Siyam says:

Can you change his last name to Wade please? lol Dwayne Wayne was in love with Whitley from Different World, not Gabrielle Union :) They do look precious though and very happy

3. T1K says:

Awwww.. soo cute! its actually (Dwyane Wade) ;)

4. Claire says:

Whoops, lol! Y’all know what I meant!
    Haha, post updated. Thx:)

5. Brittany says:

Too much photoshop!

6. Claire says:

I’m still laughing I made that mistake. Sigh, a Different World was a good show, eh?

7. J_Key says:

I love the dress she is wearing but I have to agree toooo much PhotoShop.

8. Nicole says:

One word….Beautiful!!

9. Indigo says:

I hope they get married,because she is a terrible actress… No depth what so ever..

10. Samantha says:

Different World was a great show, learned many a life lesson from that show. Glad Gabrielle has settled on 1 guy finally, they look great together

11. Nana says:

@Indigo They better get married after this shenanigan!

12. Lauren says:

Gabrielle, looks so gorgeous! They seem really happy together; too cute!

13. Meekie says:

Why cant some People just give a compliment without saying anything else negative.

14. Meekie says:

Another thing what does gettin married have to do with her not being a great actress in your eyes.

15. Joanne_ says:

wow! the photoshop though….
    can’t wait to get my issue!

16. Sheba says:

Love me some black love!! Beautiful!

17. Cute pics, That color yellow looks great on Gabrielle!

18. showmethecake says:

I absolutely love them together. git that good diq Gabi!

19. EntertainmentsFuture says:

Claire can we get the deets on the dress plz?

20. Vee says:

no thank you. if this is black love…i am not interested

21. edm325 says:

of course u can find love at any age when u help him cheat on his wife. SMH that ppl saying how great of a couple they are….just remember how u got him is how u will lose him!!

22. Kitty B. says:

i HATE her eyebrows and the eyeshadow is a bit much, but the honewrecker and triflin man look good

23. Grace says:

@edm325, I was thinking the same thing! In addition to the fact that doing a cover as a celebrity couple is usually reserved for the engaged/married, we haven’t forgotten how they first hooked up…. T-A-C-K-Y. On a positive note, they’re both two very attractive people :-)

24. lolodoll says:

Wow! One thing I’ve noticed about Essence (maybe other mags but I always smh whenever I look at pics in Essence), they will airbrush / photoshop the heck out of you. D Wade has really bad skin and this cover makes it appear as if he has not one blemish.

Also, I’m on the fence about this cover. maybe if they were married. Hmmm…

25. sage says:

edm325 I cosign people forget what a homewrecker she is sneaking around with him while he was a married man…I cant say I wish them the best I was never a fan

26. sun.kissed says:

They look great, but I for one WILL NOT forget how they got together. Negativity breeds negativity. Can’t be mad at that Meekie.

27. binks says:

Yeah I think I will skip this issue this cover is giving me the feeling I had with Reggie Bush’s so called black love issue. I mean if their relationship works for them and they are happy fine but I don’t personally see them as a prime example of a celebrity couple

28. fannie says:

they look good together

29. Martinique_Fr says:

Hey… it’s THEIR lives… not OURS. If they like it, I love it! Oh and they look AMAZING!

30. Missb1203 says:

While they both are physically attractive, I agree that I wont be holding a couple who began while one person was still very much married as my ideal of “Black Love”.

31. Style4Curves says:

I love love love them they look adorable……she couldn’t wreck a home if it was built on a good foundation so I won’t judge that….plus to be frank lookwise he definitely upgraded from his previous wife lolllll

32. llehsal says:

Man are they photoshopped to death or what!

33. Mona L says:

Thats the same vibe I get too but I hope his exwife doesnt kill herself over this…

34. Diggs says:

I love that dress….they are a nice looking couple. I used to love D.Wade but this whole mess with his ex and Gabby have totally tainted my opinion of him. The photoshop is a bit much, but again they’re pretty so I can blame that on Essence. All in all, I don’t know how to feel about them being the cover story. But hey, I still hate when Brad and Angelina get a cover of a major Magazine. Individually, I don’t mind, but as a couple…it just seems wrong.

Oh and I co-sign on the Gabby can’t act thing. Usually, I just try to bypass that, since I am excited to see black people working, but I watched Deliver Us From Eva last week (unfortunately) and I couldn’t get over how horribly horribly awful she was. Like, awful.

35. Indigo says:

@ Meekie LOL!!! If they got married, the focus would be on her being Mrs. Wade; not being an actress.. Is that answer alright with you?

36. katie says:

I almost forgot that she helped this man cheat on his wife. They can miss me with this cover. What is the matter with people?! Not the mention the eyeshadow and photo shop are a bit much. The cover barely even resembles her.

37. Sandra says:

I can’t support it either. I rememnber the Reggie Bush fiasco and P.Diddy and Kim Porter. Really Essence!!! I guess that it is difficult for Essence to find some real black celebrities out there that are married and that represent what is truly black love. Another failure from Essence.

38. Candace says:

Yeah this cover reminds of the the Puffy and his baby mama, I think her name is Kim, Essesnce cover. The couple looks good together (the pics are very nice) but is from what black love should really look like and represent. Here we have Gaby saying if you wait long enough, even if he’s married, you’ll get your man….buy what do I know

39. Candace says:

Please bring back the Obama covers…real love puts a ring on it!

40. Chianti4rmLA says:

awwwww *Tears of Joy*

41. sage says:

I was thinking about his high school sweetheart ex wife as well that divorce drove her to the crazy house and that man could careless just kept on doing him and to add insult to injury tried to get sole custody of the kids…mess

42. GlamourFanatic says:

He didn’t try to get sole custody of the kids, HE DID GET sole custody of the kids. They live with him full-time.
    Love the cover, two beautiful people on the outside. not feeling the cheating on wife thing, but i happens every single day unfortunately.

you guys slander this couple but praise Alicia Keys and Tucan Sam… i can’t deal…. sorry

44. wallflower says:

People slander this couple AND A.keys and Swiss… but praise Chris Brown.

Anyway- Why won’t Essence let peoples edges be great : (