January 4th, 2012
Style Inspiration, What to Wear, What to Wear for your Birthday
Birthday Style Inspiration: What to Wear to Celebrate Your 40th in Vegas

Carmen writes, “Help! I’ll be celebrating the big 4-0 in Vegas over Superbowl weekend and I need some outfit ideas for a long weekend…Tips on what to wear to dinner followed by a night out partying it up on the strip for my birthday.”
When I think of Vegas, I think of bold, look-at-me dresses in metallics like gold or silver. This Halston Heritage Bronze dress is demure enough for dinner, but saucy enough for a night on the town. And at $59, you’ll have plenty of money left over for a bit of gambling in between:

Metallics not your thing? It’s always safe to bet on black. Play up a simple dress, like this Rachel Gilbert Zaza sequined-silk one-shoulder mini dress, with bad heels. I personally love these Ruthie Davis joints:

What do you think of this Style Inspiration? Hot! or Hmm…?

9 Responses to “Birthday Style Inspiration: What to Wear to Celebrate Your 40th in Vegas”

1. Liz says:

40 is the new sexy!

2. Crystal says:

Gorgeous. Happy Birthday Hun!

3. Dee says:

Amazing outfits!!!

4. sun.kissed says:

I like the first dress, but the bronze shoe and bag with the dress is a little too ‘gold member.’ Black is always chic, but I think the birthday girl should wear color…

5. dyshaun says:

I vote the gold…chic chic. Looks like the spreads in all my Holiday/winter mags.

6. KBS says:

You should know what to wear by 40, come on. # Imjussayin.

7. Dom says:

@KBS that’s so mean! I see a lot of fashion challenged people of ALL ages on a reg. It’s great she asked, might just be a few outside her comfort zone ideas.

Anywhoo, happy birthday Carmen! Have fun in Vegas!

8. binks says:

Cute! I like both but I vote for number 1 it’s your birthday a big at that so stand out and have fun!!

9. Jay says:

The bronze dress is a good choice but the overall look is too matchy-matchy.