• Right now, as you are enjoying your morning coffees or hot chocolates, Beyoncé might be howling in excruciating pain, as reports are coming in that she is in labor this morning at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital in NYC , for real this time.
According to Global Grind she officially checked in last night, and is delivering her baby girl right now! We’re still not sure if this is true, BUT we hope she has a smooth (and quick!) labor! (Global Grind)
• You’d think Saks shoppers would browse their annual post holiday shoe sale with the grace and discretion of one Phaedra Parks, but “everybody knows” a pair of Christian Louboutin pumps for 60% off is enough to turn any lady into a shoe-grubbing beast. Check out this video of frenzied shoppers grabbing all the designer heels they can fit into their arms. (Jezebel)
• Brad Goreski continues to make a name for himself , this time as the official brand stylist for Kate Spade‘s ready-to-wear line. Mr. Goreski will style press events, fashion presentations, ad campaigns, and e-commerce shoots for the brand over the next two years. Can’t wait to see what he comes up with! (WWD)
• The New York Times discusses the increasing rate at which people are shopping under the influence. With the ability to shop from the comfort of your bedroom, or while you’re fiddling around with your phone in a bar, more and more people are drunk shopping, and online retailers are, of course, taking advantage: “Post-bar, inhibitions can be impacted, and that can cause shopping, and hopefully healthy impulse buying.” Anything to boost the economy. Even if you can’t remember after you do it. (NYT)
• Dov Charney, CEO of American Apparel responds to past claims of sexual abuse with former employees in Flaunt magazine, saying these accusations are getting in the way of his genius: “The problem with me is that my personal sexuality, or whatever, has been used against me, and it’s taken away from our ideas. It’s like a great gay guy had fantastic ideas, it’s 1964 and everybody’s like, ‘Geez, geez, he screws guys in the asshole.’ Yeah, he screws guys in the ass…so what? I like to fool around with girls. Get over it.” Maybe stop fooling around with young girls, and then we can get over it. (Fashionista)