December 21st, 2011
Fashion News, Rihanna
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Eva Hoeke, Editor-in-Chief of Jackie magazine resigned yesterday, after the backlash over referring to Rihanna as a “niggabitch” in the rag’s December issue.

Rihanna says goodbye to the racist editor

She issued yet another non apology, blaming Americans for her use of “niggabitch,” and lamenting over her loss of “credibility,” which as we know, is the real tragedy in this situation. (Fashionista)

• Interested in fashion PR? Obsessed with Diane von Furstenberg? It’s your lucky day! DVF is looking for spring 2012 interns with previous fashion PR experience. Send a resume, cover letter, and start date to press@dvf.com, for this paid opportunity!

• WWD confirmed today that Vera Wang is set to release Black by Vera Wang, her menswear line made in collaboration with Men’s Wearhouse. The line will be available late spring, with prices starting at $219.99 for a rental suit. (WWD)

• The Kardashians have once again found themselves at the center of a sordid controversy over their products. Star magazine reports K-Dash by Kardashian, Kris Jenner‘s line for QVC, and Kim’s monthly membership based shoe shopping site, Shoedazzle, are all connected to factories in China’s Guangdong region, which employ children as young as 16 to work up to 84 hours a week at a paltry $1 an hour. Conditions in these factories are being investigated by human rights groups. I’d like to give the Kardashians the benefit of the doubt; perhaps they were unaware of the child labor. To knowingly strike up business deals with such facilities would be  a PR nightmare for the family, whose image is closely controlled by Mama Kris. Hopefully they cut off ties with these factories, and choose to work with those who fairly hire and pay adult employees. (Fashionista)

• Check out this behind-the-scenes look at an overworked Rihanna filming her music video for You Da One. This girl needs a vacation! (Hello Beautiful)

~Jihan

18 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Eva Hoeke of Jackie Resigns, DVF is Looking for PR Interns, and The Kardashians Find Themselves in Sweatshop Debacle”

1. T1K says:

I need Khloe to make changing her hairstyle, her new years resolution…

2. jasmine says:

okay…sure

3. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

The Kardashians use the same child labor as the tennis shoe companies and a lot of other clothing lines. They have middlemen to do the dirty work, no way Kimmie and Ko. went looking for actual ateliers. And Eva, Americans don’t use “niggerbitch” as a joke or a term of endearment, so I don’t know how in the hell you could justify that one!

4. Savage says:

Ditto @ T1K Khloe needs to step her weave game up..And I’m 25 years old, and have never used the term N*****B**** in my life..And I have a foul mouth! lol I’m telling you she did it on purpose, I mean it sounds like some language barrier mash up of words. Like “Ok, America #1, love black woman, I kno u didn’t” that’s a direct quote btw

5. Brandi says:

i never heard people over here use the term n*ggerb*tch wtf is she talking about?!

and no surprises from the kardashians – greed is greed i seriously doubt they care about this child labor.

6. lee says:

geez.. is rihanna doing drugs?

7. MsCorporate says:

Sorry Eva but stating that we in the US use this term is not only false but a blantant cop-out. We might call Rihanna a “bad bitch” but NEVER a “n^@@* bitch”. You knew exactly what you were saying when you said it, you just didn’t know that it would result in you losing your livelihood. Try again

8. sun.kissed says:

The video looks like it will be a hit. I like her in the bobed blonde wig.

9. Jada king says:

I never heard the term n****b**** until a friend of mine used the term to describe Oliva from love&hiphop … I thought it was a random phrase she just made up

10. Eva shouldn’t have resigned she should have been FIRED! Like many of the other comments I have never heard that term used before and for her to try and place blame on Americans is a sorry cop out. Good riddens to her and any others that may agree with her.

11. Marsha D says:

I heard my cuntry a$$ uncle use that term “NB’es” but not in a good way….lol. Good for her rass…..

12. candylicker says:

She needed to go cause she has no common sense – dumbazz

13. The Kardashians are gonna deny this til the cows home. They will do anything to keep their money train running. Smh

I would pass out, wake up & pass out again if I ever got the opportunity to work for DVF

14. Dani says:

I guess I don’t have a heart but what companies aren’t using sweat shops in 3rd world countries? Also… do you not realize that if it wasn’t for these warehouses & factories, these children would have no home? A lot of them are put to work by their families to help bring in income to make ends meet. The Kardashians arent the only ones doing it. A lot of us take for granted the opportunities that we have to work & make a decent income without busting our asses in random factories. Other countries do not have that luxury. It sucks but that’s just the way it goes. Someone once told me that everyone can’t be successful, that’s just not the way the world works. If everyone was part of a fortune 500 company… who would flip those burgers & salt those fries that we love so much? [at the time I thought he was an asshole but... he was giving me food for thought] #JustPassingItAlong

15. Erika says:

Who says n*gg*b*tch? I have never said that to anyone. Eva Hoeke have several seats. I wish I had my own seating chart because she would be in the front row. If you watch the Skorpion Show you know what I mean.

16. binks says:

I never in my life heard anybody used the term n*****b**** as a term of endearment so wtf? I only heard this phase used by a racist so she can miss me with that bs I am so sick and tired of the excuses this was plain racism nothing more or nothing less

17. Taylor says:

I just cannot get past the fact that she didn’t research the term before she PRINTED it in another language! She had to have some kind of common sense to find out the history behind it but she wants to use social media as a cop out? Get the f*** all the way outta here Eva. She knew what she was doing and she knew it was not a compliment. Smh.

18. Whitney says:

Is the internship only for students?