December 20th, 2011
Fashion News, Rihanna
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Rihanna has some choice words for Eva Hoeke, Editor-in-Chief of Dutch magazine Jackie, who recently ran a feature about the singer calling her the “ultimate niggabitch” with a “ghetto butt.” The songstress took to Twitter, lambasting the editrix and her foul publication, saying “@evajackie I hope u can read english, because your magazine is a poor representation of the evolution of human rights! I find you disrespectful, and rather desperate!! You ran out of legit, civilized information to print! There are 1000′s of Dutch girls who would love to be recognized for their contributions to your country, you could have given them an article. Instead, u paid to print one degrading an entire race! That’s your contribution to this world! To encourage segregation, to mislead the future leaders to act in the past! You put two words together with the intent of abasement, that made no sense…”NIGGA BITCH”?!….Well with all respect, on behalf of my race, here are my two words for you…FUCK YOU!!!” Talk d tings dem, Riri! (Rihanna Twitter)
**Update: Eva Hoeke, the Editor-in-Chief of Jackie Magazine, has resigned (Afro-Europe International Blog)

• Some might proclaim couture is dead, but this news doesn’t seem to have reached Giambattista Valli, France’s newest authorized couturier. While it usually takes about five years to become an approved couturier, Valli was able to bypass much of the process after his wildly successful first couture show this summer. (Stylefile)

•  Rob Kardashian hasn’t been contributing to the Kardashian Kash Kow nearly enough, but that’s about to change. The littlest ‘Dash is set to release a line of… dress socks. Random as it may seem, the ever-adorable Rob makes it sound so wonderful: “I feel like everybody likes a dress sock. No one wants to see a boring tube sock. I am very passionate about it and I think guys and girls agree with me. Plus you can give your dress socks to your girlfriend when she sleeps over.” You know what, Rob? Yeah. I like a good dress sock. I’m on board! (StyleCaster)

• Speaking of the Kardashians, the Klan just released their highly anticipated Khristmas Kard. Photoshop, much? (The Daily Mail)

Kate and Laura Mulleavy never stop working, this weekend revealing a collection of Renaissance-inspired gowns in an exhibition titled “RODARTE: Fra Angelico Collection,” which you can view at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA.) The designs are inspired by the work of renaissance painter Fra Angelico. The installation will be up until February 5th, when the gowns will be added to the museum’s personal collection. Think you’ll check it out? (Stylefile)

• Here’s another clip from one of the upcoming Absolutely Fabulous 20th anniversary episodes. In this, Eddy and Patsy lament on the new celebrity “disease” called the “Kardashians” that has spread like “herpes” and “head lice.” These episodes cannot air soon enough. (BBC One Youtube)

~Jihan

46 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Rihanna Sounds Off on “N**gab*tch”-gate, Rob Kardashian to Release Footwear Line, and Another AbFab Teaser Clip”

1. gagirl87 says:

I’m glad RiRi stood up for herself this is the 2nd time this week RiRi has ran into some kind of racisms. Just like Kanye said “Even if you in a benz you still a nigga in a coup to these white people” that’s why we have to fight extra hard to prove ourselves and break stereotypes along the way, well I know I do anyway :)

2. Way to go RiRi! I bet Eva has never met a REAL NIGGA, if that exist….would be all over that ass in 2.5 seconds….with that BS!

3. Latanya says:

Other than her sense of style, this is why I love her. She has her own voice and makes it heard. When will that word die?!?!

4. EntertainmentsFuture says:

Rihanna to di world!!!!! *Round of applause for Rihanna* I am happy she did that. Now if only I coud see the face of this editor eva lady while she read this…

5. HarlemVanity says:

Rihanna had every right to voice the way she did. They are lucky that is all they recieved “NIGGABITCH”?! Seriously?

6. Marta says:

Well said Rihanna!

7. Whoop! Whoop! Rihanna handled that.

8. NikkiBellaRay says:

Get um Riri! He really got some nerve, just repulsive, was this dude in a coma for about 20 years we are in 2011, and you still acting like that geesh, but I’m sure he figured out Rihanna was not the one to mess with.
    Now about those socks, would love to see them Rob Dash, good way to stay relevant hunni! Let the creative juices flow!

9. GG says:

This is why I love Rihanna lol she continues to DRAG fools left right and center and makes me laugh in the process. She may not be the most talented but her attitude is what makes her one of the baddest chicks out right now

10. Kitana says:

Nothing these people do surprise me, I Expect this behavior. Amazing how she chose to rag on Rhirhi’s performance outfits which are strictly meant for entertainment and also no different from Lady Gaga, Madonna or Brittney’s. I wonder if they get referred to as white trash or honkie bicch in this mag…….

11. Kitana says:

And oh no, I won’t be fighting hard to prove myself to anybody but me and God. These people will never change, there is no changing their attitude about us. This is several centuries of hate planted in them like seeds. Why do we feel as if we have something to prove to them? lol They’re not worthy……

12. Savage says:

The crazy part is when you read the translated version of the article you can tell the writer just threw some words in the piece to try to make it sound edgy..like who uses the term “ghetto ass”? It was so damn disgusting, and anyone who doesn’t realize that dropping that n bomb is not offensive, hurtful or degrading is an idiot. Rihanna said it best..F*** you! That’s it.. (a damn editor in chief saying that slipped thru..get the hell out…)

BTW couture is kinda dying a slow death…

13. Nessa B says:

The Kardashion christmas card reminds me of the Adams family. Ijs

14. Marthe says:

Rihanna KILLED IT! It is unbelieveble how racism is still so strong today, sometimes I feel ashamed for being a ‘part’ of white people, hope the world could give the brainless brains and a heart. And Jihan, you made me laugh out loud with this Rob Kardashian socks and PLEASE, Kardashian family, it’s CHRISTMAS, it’s not like someone died, is it?

15. bougiehippie says:

WOW! I know Rhianna has a slick mouth but that was intelligent and feisty!

16. lolodoll says:

Not that Rihanna’s twitter message was profound and deep but I don’t believe she wrote it. Likely found someone in her inner circle or publicist to write it. I like Rihanna and all but she just doesn’t come across as being the type to articulate her thoughts in such a manner. “to mislead the future leaders to act in the past” “with the intent of abasement” Yeah…Rihanna didn’t write this. Glad she called Eva out though. Niggabitch…seriously?

Oh, and the Kartrashian’s christmas card was highly anticipated? Sigh….people, people, people.

That clip was hilarious!

17. A-Danielle says:

Rihanna…my sentiments exactly.

18. sun.kissed says:

Big ups to Rihanna for calling Eva out on the b.s., even if her publicist wrote the tweet. Rob socks??? Come on!!! That Khristmas card looks more like an invitation to a seance.

19. RhapsoDST says:

Yay Ri Ri!!!! Now the only thing that could make this even better would be to hear that the editor-in-chief and author of this article were fired or resigned or the whole magazine as a whole was shut down. I want to see real consequenses people! You should not feel like it’s ok to do this sort of thing, and nor should anyone else. Keeping these people or this magazine open with no repurcussions for there actions flagrantly makes other people feel that there was nothing wrong about what occured and allows other people to feel like it is ok to do this type of thing. There is no change without action!

20. Dani says:

lolo if you follow her on twitter you’d know that it’s def her. =) This isnt the first or the last time she’s sounded off on someone. A [Fiesty Pisces] is the perfect description. Don’t piss us off & you won’t get the worst tongue lashing of your LIFE lol! Either way when I first saw this last night I was SO happy b.c I thought she was going to take the more passive route & just shrug them off b/c of the stigma surrounding it. I’m so glad she stood up for herself & our race & didnt let them get away w/ such BS. I, like everyone else, would love to see the editors face as they read it. I hope their magazine flounders. It’ll be exactly what they deserve.

21. Tiara says:

Good for Rihanna!The editor of Jackie has resigned today.

22. honeyxzillah says:

Omg! You go RiRi! She didn’t just stand up for herself, she stood up for all of us! Whoever quoted Kanye is right…but I’m not about to live my life fighting stereotypes, I’m gonna live my life enjoying the right to be myself regardless of who likes it or not. But seriously, eff that magazine…oh, you edgy huh?? FAIL!

23. Indigo says:

What happen to Bajan Beauty???

24. MsCorporate says:

Just heard that that ignorant editor just RESIGNED!!! Karma is a bitch :)

25. Angela says:

Happy for her…that sad part is it seems like the ppl over there in Netherlands dont seem to get it (from doing research on twitter)…..thats why we need to stop using this word. Ppl outside of the Blk community are starting to use this word the way we use it and its not cool at all…i dont care if the person has been best friends with you for 20 years…… the magazine could have use tons of other words if they wanted to use the word “bitch”…”bad bitch”, or something….oh well karma is a bitch. i hope she doesnt get hired or take racial sensitivity class.

26. binks says:

This is why I like Rihanna that personalty of hers, get it Rihanna and tell them how you (and most of us) really feel

27. Yello Mello says:

@Angela Whether we stop using the word or not they will always refer to us as this. Don’t you realize this is a word that THEY created to demonize us? You can stop using it today, it won’t make a difference. So sick of people saying we should stop using if they can’t say it. Hell, its their word they will always use it, be it face to face to or behind closed doors. Boycotting it won’t make an ounce of difference.

28. Nickieluv says:

Big up RiRi! Nuff said!Tell dem feh gway!

29. Grace says:

Now, if we (Black women) would become equally disgusted and indignant when we’re similarly disrespected and dehumanized in American rap songs/hip hop culture…

30. Grace says:

PS While I’m not on twitter and therefore don’t follow Riri, I too find it difficult to believe that the response to the racist editor and the one to the racist Portuguese man were written by the same person. My grammar and style isn’t that variable when I write/speak, hmmmm…

31. Deborah says:

@Grace

That is because she was writing for two different audiences. The rant for the racist Portuguese man was for her twitter followers whom she always casually communicates with.
    This latest response was direct to the Editor. I believe Rihanna wrote it, it is her writing style and the grammatical pattern seems phrased in the way she would naturally speak in her toned down Bajan accent.

Read it again. That response did not come from a highly paid publicist.

32. Joan says:

@Deborah

I don’t believe Rihanna wrote that herself. I followed her on Twitter and she doesn’t write eloquently. She constantly talks about how she is the baddest b*tch and what not. I believe that her publicist or close mgmt team member wrote that for her.

But uh…what the Dutch women said was out of line and downright racist! But, like Grace said, Hip-Hop music constantly degrades women and the black race refering to each other as n-word like it’s nothing. That also sends the wrong message and it is a little double standard in my opinion.

33. Empress says:

Bap Bap Bap…Yes, Rihanna trace out dem BLOODCLAAT!

34. Frost says:

I’m a bit amused they said Rihanna had a “ghetto butt”. I’d hate to see what they’d call all the black girls who are more curvier than petite Rihanna.

35. dayuum_chelz says:

i don’t know why so many people got so butt hurt over what the editor wrote. racism is still alive and well. and we as black people dehumanize and demean each other EVERY SINGLE DAY. from calling each other niggas, hoes, bitches, sluts, thugs, hoodlums, etc. It only becomes a problem when a WHITE person does the same thing that we do to each other? GTFOH. -___-

36. im not AT ALL convinced rihanna wrote that repsonse on her own. i think her contribution was the last 2 words.

rob, have a seat. if any kardashian should do a dress sock line, it should be kourtney’s man scott.

and that kardashian “christmas” card is foolery. look at kim, all lonely. poor thing.

37. Noni says:

Come on. She says “n*gga” in her songs SO much.
    And I’m white, I chill with people from different races, including black people, and I never place the word “n*gga” in my mouth because I find it so disturbingly offensive. I know the history of the word, so I don’t understand why black people use it still in rapsongs etc and Rihanna herself too, maybe that’s just me.
    But, I understand that Eva Hoeke went TOO FAR with her article. In my opinion she should be locked up somewhere.

But people, don’t judge ALL white people when someone dumb is calling a person “n*ggabitch*. That too, is very offensive to the white people. We’re not proud, well, I’m not proud of what white people did to them.

38. Noni says:

And let me refresh your memories: “Why did I pull the trigger
    Pull the trigger, pull the trigger? BOOM!
    and end a nigga, end a nigga life so soon?

39. Deborah says:

@joan

I disagree. I think Rihanna wrote it herself.

HAHA at the Kardashian photoshop. I love the empty chair behind Kim. smh

41. Kelley Barnes says:

LoL. Eva asked for it! How dare you degrade someone like that?! Are you that desperate?! Kudos to Rihanna for defending herself in such an intelligent yet blunt manner.

42. TO THE PEOPLE WHO ARE SAYING THAT THE RESPONSE WAS NOT WRITTEN BY RIHANNA ARE JUST AS IGNORANT AS THAT THE PERSON WHO MADE THE COMMENT. YALL ARE MISSING THE POINT WHICH ARE THE WORDS THAT WERE USE TO DESCRIBE HER AS ” ULTIMATE NIGGABITCH” WITH “GHETTO BOOTY”, SO I’M GUESSING THOSES WORDS NEVER MEANT ANYTHING TO YA & WASN’T A BIT IMPORTANT IT WAS ALL ABOUT WHO WROTE THE RESPONSE- DAMN SHAME GET YA PRIORITIES STRAIGHT, THE RESPONSE WAS WELL WRITTEN WHETHER IT WAS DONE BY HER OR NOT

ON ANOTHER NOTE WHAT WAS SAID WAS DEAD WRONG BUT THAN AGAIN WHOMEVER WROTE IT PROBABLY THOUGHT THEY WEREN’T SAYING ANYTHING WRONG BECAUSE BLACK PEOPLE USE “NIGGA” SO FREELY SO WHAT’S WRONG WITH “A COOL WHITE PERSON” SAYING IT & @ YELLO MELLO JUST BECAUSE “IT WON’T MAKE AN OUNCE OF DIFFERENCE” DOESN’T MEAN IT’S OK TO USE IT, IT ACTUALLY MAKES IT A BIT MORE BAZAAR USING THE WORD KNOWING THAT THEY “CREATED IT TO DEMONIZE US” & WE’RE USING IT AMONGST & AGAINST EACH OTHER, YUP BAZAAR! FOR EXAMPLE WE HAVE KANYE & JAYZ RAPPING “NIGGAS IN PARIS” RIGHT? SO BLACK PEOPLE LET’S DO US A FAVOR FIRST & DROP THE “N” WORD

43. dayuum_chelz says:

@Nnoni yasss honey PREACH. i am black myself but i do not sit here and blame white people for every single problem that happens to me. I do not get butt hurt when some white people choose to stay ignorant and racist towards my people. And i DAMN sure dont engage in the disgusting and ignorant dialogue that most african american people do now adays. I have so many friends that think its cool to call each other nigga or bitch or talk about how nappy or kinky hair is disgusting or being dark skinned is gross. But when a white person says something like this then it becomes such a horrible thing.

44. alice says:

nice, rihanna!! and little Mason is too adorable!!

45. Kim Kardashian needs to grow up! Sure, the wedding was news, but the breakup, after only 72 days of marriage, was even more buzzed about.