December 20th, 2011
Best of 2011, Celebrity Style, Kanye West
Best of 2011: Most Fashionable Man

We’re continuing our 2011 superlatives with a look at the men who have set our stylish hearts on fire:

Of course Kanye West typically dominates this competition, as he snatched the title for 2009 and 2010. But this year there may be a shake up.
Let’s take a look at who you nominated:

1. T.I.

T.I. came out of his jail term with a renewed and certified swagger, characterized by nubby sweaters, smart readers, and looks from his clothing line, Akoo.

The Atlanta native adds edge to Burberry cardigans with diamond encrusted dog tags, along with look-at-me watches, and relaxed fits.

2. Dwyane Wade

Miami Heat superstar Dwyane Wade showed he had skills off the court, demonstrating his sartorial talents with pastel colored blazers, well tailored suits, and fly kicks.

A true fashion aficionado, he made cameos at Men’s Fashion Week in Milan and Paris, sitting front row at the Spring/Summer 2011 shows for DSquared 2, Versace, and Givenchy:

Whether dressed in a tux or dressed down in a striped henley, Dwyane showed he knows how to dress his frame for maximum effect.

3. Kid Cudi

Though Kid Cudi’s music has fallen a bit off our radar, he’s still making a splash on the fashion scene thanks to a wardrobe bubbling over with Balmain separates, leather jackets, and Hermes collier de chien cuff bracelets.

For performances he’ll swag out in Christian Louboutin rollerball loafers, but then go for chill in curdoroy button downs for post-show parties.

In 2011, Cudi even tried his hand at design, collaborating with French brand Surface 2 Air on Thriller inspired leather jackets.

With a repertoire of hot jackets, easy t’s, and jeans, Cudi really can’t go wrong.

4. Chris Brown

With a blond buzz cut, and a free wheeling spirit, Chris Brown has been a champion of casual cool in 2011.

Rarely in a suit, you’ll catch him hanging out with friends in Marc Jacobs hoodies, Varsity Jackets, cargo shorts, and sneakers.

5. John Legend

Unlike Chris Brown, John Legend stays in suits, lighting up red carpets in close fit two pieces and perfectly coordinated accents.

The Ivy League crooner keeps it dapper at all times, only toning it down with lighter hues or crisp shirts sans blazers:

6. Kanye West

Mr. West truly made a mark on the fashion world in 2011, designing his first women’s collection, DW by Kanye West.

In addition to his design prowess, Kanye also showed up and showed out in a series of conversation starting outfits, most notably the women’s Céline blouse he wore to perform at Coachella:

Always one to push the limits, West isn’t afraid to wear what other men would never dare. He can rock everything from a leather kilt to a furry vest to a Givenchy leopard bomber, all the while dripping swagu:

A true trendsetter, he motivated guys to run out and buy Givenchy Rottweiler shirts, was the first to wear the Versace x H&M collection, and re-ignited the need for snakeskin snapbacks:

Who is 2011′s Most Fashionable Male?

Reminisce on Kanye’s style here. Look at Chris Brown’s style here. Check Dwyane Wade’s outfits here. Look back at John Legend’s looks here. And peep Kid Cudi here.

52 Responses to “Best of 2011: Most Fashionable Man”

1. Jules says:

kanye head down he wins hottest style this year and he keeps it coming

2. lolodoll says:

TI – Don’t understand how he’s even on the list. Wasn’t he locked up for a large part of the year? He was just released from halfway in Sept (I believe).

I vote for D Wade. Have been feeling his style this year.

3. Marie-josé says:

Kanye all the way. You can see the guy trully has a thing for the fashion & it’s not just because he wants to be featured in FB’s Men’s style section.
    He’s definetely proved himself this year.

4. TT says:

John Legend (and T.I) is the only that dresses like an adult male #ThatisAll
    Side eye at D Wade- How you a boy and wear boyfriend jeans?

5. Jama says:

T.I. has been out of jail for what, 3 months? He shouldn’t even be considered. Kanye West is the winner – whether or not you like all of his outfits, he actually has style. Amare Stoudemire gets the honorable mention.

6. Savage says:

D. Wade reeks of effort, I’ve got to give to Mr. West..bc he can dress it up in LV or Hermes’ and then at the same time throw on some J’s, levi’s, and a white tee and be so casual. I’m not with him on some of his choices (Women’s blouses, leggings) but the brother exudes fashion..men’s fasion that is lol

7. SimplyMe says:

Idk about Kayne’s style. I vote for Mr. Wade ALL DAY!! He looks good in suits and jeans. I kinda love his style.

8. For me its between chris brown and john legend

9. Mona L says:

AS MUCH AS I LOVE YEEZY I HAD TO GO WITH CHRIS BROWN ON THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Marie says:

John legend!!!! Don’t even know why the others got nominated. Seriously!!! Lol

11. Liah says:

Cudi or Chris Brown for me. Chris has definitely influenced the young men I see on the subway in Philly. They are no longer afraid to wear slimmer denim and show off those shoes that thier parents paid a good dollar for.

12. Kryss says:

I think I’m going to go with Cudi. He looked pretty cool in everything and he didn’t go as far LEFT as Kanye.

13. Amanda says:

Is it too late to nominate? Think we’re overlooking Amare and Melo.

14. Chimee says:

I agree @Amanda Stoudamire has more still then Wade to me!

15. sun.kissed says:

I’m going with Johnny Boy, though he sticks to the same none of his looks were ‘off’. Kanye with the kilts and leather isn’t pulling me in this time around. What’s with the random votes for Kid Kudi and T.I.? They were hardly featured on the site this year if at all. I forgot all about Carmello, he was pretty dope this year.

16. T1K says:

I got to give it to D. Wade. he did it all; from casual to semi casual to formal and did it nicely. Kanye although he takes the most risks, can appear a little all over the place for me, sometimes doing it too much.

17. Kitty B. says:

Yeezy is my boobie!! I mean he picked out my Givenchy Couture wedding gown :) But I’m gonna have to go with C. Breezy on this one, he always keeps it coming….something happened to Kanye during the fall and I’m not sure what….hmmm!

18. Chris styles says:

T.I. Would get my vote if he wasn’t locked up for most of the year. But Clair you forgot Amare Stoudimaire. He’s the fashion king for 2011, IMO. His style is always impeccable and he’s not bad on the eyes as well. Dwayne Wade is funny looking and he style is manufactured, seems like a good guy though. And John Legend…why is he even in the running?

19. t-fal says:

Yeezy got this. But i’m with everybody else, why is Amare S. not included, he’s my runner-up.

20. Jinx Moneypenny says:

Definitely Mr. West. He marches to his own beat and makes headlines in the process. I always look forward to seeing him, no matter the event. T.I. is a runner-up; his style has certainly evolved and I love being witness to the growth.

21. Claire says:

Again, for everyone confused by the nominees, these guys were picked based on YOUR COMMENTS!!
    So if you want someone like Amare Stoudemire or Carmelo in the running, you would have had to mention it in this nomination post:
    And noone mentioned them..until now. Kid Cudi got two votes, as did John Legend and Dwyane Wade. Jay-Z, Pharrell, and Drake were mentioned, but only by one person each. Kanye and Chris Brown got the most nominations out of the 72 comments.
    We’re doing Bombshell and Bomber of the Year soon, if you guys haven’t submitted your nominations, do so now because everything is based on, drumroll…your comments.

22. aries says:

between TI and Kanye, i went with TI. i have seen kanye in those leather pants too many times. TI always look different.

23. nite court says:

Dang! I forgot to nominate Amare Stoudemire for this category.

24. Jaida says:

If we were choosing based on casual laid back style, I’d have to give it to Breezy. I love Breezy’s style because he wears just about anything he wants and makes it look good. I appreciate John Legend’s dapper style, but there’s not much diversity in his wardrobe. T.I. has always known how to clean up so I definitely think T.I. and Breezy could easily tie for first runner-up. Dwayne Wade doesn’t really “wow” me with his style. I like Cudi’s style too, but only one man can win!

I think the award should definitely go to Yeezy again. He knows how to be dapper, casual AND give us a wildcard look and pull it off effortlessly!

25. Brandon says:

I really do LOVEEEEEEE this site, thank you Claire for all of your efforts. In case no one has told you before :)

26. Of the nominees, I have to go with John. Had he been nominated, I prob would’ve gone with Amare too.

27. Pia says:

John Legend has my vote. Classy, classy.

28. cre says:

Hey Claire, wasnt sure if you were aware but for some reason the voting poll doesnt show up when using a mobile device (or maybe its just my phone) because i wasnt aware of the voting poll till i used a pc. No biggie though.

29. Marcy says:

I’d like to write in my vote… Amare/Melo ’11!! How did TI make it onto the list before either one of them

30. Rebel says:

Chris Brown tho??! :|

31. mally says:

I’m sorry I luv TI, but he doesn’t deserve to be #1 fashionable man

32. Truth Teller says:

YEEZY HANDS DOWN THE MAN HAS HIS OWN FASHION LINE FOR PETE SAKES!! LOL

33. Dash! says:

KID CUDI! Kid cudi manages to make a simple t-shirt and jeans look incredibly stylish. He not only appeals to teenage boys with the tees but also to GROWN men with his classy touch to such a simple look. He also inspired many with his classic fro, how many guys did you see with the fro this year?

34. V says:

My vote goes to Chris! He always keeps me interested, never boring.

35. CE says:

These guys are cool….but umm where is Amare??? He did his thing this year!!!

Cudi for sure! But seriously, how did Amare and Carmelo get left out of the loop?

37. Nakia P says:

Im having the same problem can’t vote on my iPhone or see the where to buy links anymore only been happening last few weeks

38. GIVE IT TO THEM ALL, CHRIS BROWN & CUDI IS FOR THE YOUNG TRENDY GIRLS, WHILE JOHN LEGEND & D-WADE IS FOR THE GROWN & SEXY WOMEN (LIKE ME LOL), KANYE IS FOR THOSE WITH EDGE-WHICH I CAN BE SOMETIME (BTW LOVE THAT DOG SHIRT) & TI IS FOR THOSE WHO ARE MEDIOCRE- FEMALES THAT ARE A LITTLE BIT MORE THAN PLAIN JANES, EACH OF THEM HAS SOMETHING TO OFFER SO THEY’RE ALL WINNERS :)…I KNOW CORNY RIGHT?

39. All them dudes rocking skinny jeans…..hilarious. I like Kid Cudi’s jacket! That ish fiyah!

40. Lioness says:

I love TI’s style. Always grown man sexy, even if he can’t keep his ass out of jail and he looks like he smells good :)

41. Kishonda says:

D wade looks great..Im over Kanye..tying some rag around your head..you look ridiculous…love TI..why cant a brotha look fly out of jail? LOL

42. Dee says:

Mr West takes it.

43. Nunyabizniz says:

I guess I was the “one” person that voted for my beloved Drake.. sigh…
    Well Imma vote for Kanye then…

44. SxyDread says:

why is Idris Elba not on this list?

45. Jannelle-Marie says:

Chris Brown or Kid Cudi

46. FashionBoys says:

All day doesn’t rhyme with Kanye for no reason…It’s cause it’s Kanye allll day.. But I will sayy, I had no idea D.Wade & Kid Cudi were such fashion connossieures.

47. Schlap says:

hmmm out of these Cudi…I guess. I’d take Pharrell of Kanye.

Chris Brown and D.Wade can’t dress. and Kanye rarely looks well put together.

John Legend is always immaculate…so i’ll switch to him.

48. Utibe Akpaninyie says:

Why is Chris Brown on the list?

As much of a fan as I am of T.I., he doesn’t deserve to be on this list. He was locked up most of the year, and with his time out, he hasn’t turned heads with his fashion (nor is he trying to).

I like men to dress like men…not like teenage boys or grown women. A man can NEVER go wrong in a suit… that is all. ♥

49. Santana-Marie says: