December 19th, 2011
Fashion News, Kanye West, Rihanna
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Here’s a still from Rihanna‘s upcoming music video (you know, the one where she’s wearing her Aunt Jackie’s shredded shorts from 1984,) You Da One. The singer seems to be especially fond of smoking these days. Let’s hope she doesn’t ruin her beautiful voice. (Hello Beautiful)

• Iris Apfel‘s cosmetics collection for M.A.C. is as fabulous and wearable as you thought it might be. (Racked)

Marc Jacobs finally speaks to Vogue about his dealings with Dior in the past couple months, and reveals that he wasn’t particularly excited about trying his hand at couture: “The idea of couture doesn’t hold that thing for me. It’s archaic — in my opinion. I mean, I am really interested in the craftsmanship behind couture. But I can explore all that in ready-to-wear. With couture, one dress each season is photographed by a couple of magazines; there’s no advertising; it reaches 20 customers. I don’t feel there is anything lacking in what we do.” (The Cut)

• You know you’re rich when you can still make money after you’re dead. Michael Jackson‘s estate made another $1million this weekend, after putting up many of the late singer’s personal possessions for auction. An armoire went for $18,750 and someone paid $5,000 for a rooster chalkboard complete with scribblings from Jackson’s children. (Washington Post)

• Just because he sent a few ill-fitting pieces down a Paris runway earlier this year doesn’t mean Kanye West is going to stop designing. Upscale Hype has a look at a black, green, and pink version of the Nike Air “Yeezy 2″ shoe the rapper wore to the 2011 VMA’s. They are expected to drop in 2012. Would you wear these? (Upscale Hype)

~Jihan

16 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Rihanna’s You da One Video Still, Marc Jacobs Talks Dior Deal, and Kanye West’s Nike Air ‘Yeezy 2′ Sneaker”

1. Tam says:

“The singer seems to be especially fond of smoking these days. Let’s hope she doesn’t ruin her beautiful voice.”
    ———————————————————————————————-
    I just could not stop laughing at “Hope she doesn’t ruin her beautiful voice”..that is too funny!!!

2. zimbabwechic says:

“Let’s hope she doesn’t ruin her beautiful voice” …..Crickets. What beautiful voice, as much as I enjoy her songs and fine her entertaining Rihanna couldn’t sing her way out of a pond filled with frogs #girlcantsing#
    The Nikes just don’t do it for me just like Kanye’s style.

3. Marthe says:

I can understand that the picture of smoke must be esthetically very beautiful (i mean, LOOK at that still, it’s BEAUTIFUL!) but Rihanna smoking on every picture we lately see from her album/clips are really not cool.

4. I like that still of RiRi.

5. Crystal says:

I like the picture. Rihanna is not afraid to step out of the box. I have a short attention span so I appreciate that about her. Everybody else bores me. Oh…I don’t think Rihanna’s claim to fame is her beautiful voice. C’mon now.
    Those shoes are hideous.

6. katie says:

“Let’s hope she doesn’t ruin her beautiful voice” Dang :/ lol!
    And no I wouldn’t wear those shoes by Kanye, sorry, do not like the colors.

7. gagirl87 says:

RiRi has really been growing on me lately that’s a gorgeous still *whistles* I’ll drink to that!!!!

8. sun.kissed says:

LOL at “her beautiful voice,” in my Pheadra from RHOA voice “Everyone knows that Rihanna can’t sing, yes she has an “it” factor, but the child cannot sing.”

9. bougiehippie says:

Kanye should stick to shoes!

10. December Sidderwhite says:

love the Nike’s, they can find a great home in my closet!!

11. I can see where Marc Jacobs is coming from. Couture takes so long but doesnt reach as many people as RTW.

Ye needs to just be a rapper/sneaker designer. Thats his title now in my book.

LMAO @ everybody chuckling at the “beautiful voice” comment abt Rihanna. I cant lie, I did a side eye at the screen when I read that! ….that poor child needs guidance and Jesus.

12. Grace says:

I’m relatively certain that Jihan was being facetious w/her “beautiful voice” comment. In case you all haven’t noticed, she tends to use sarcasm quite frequently….

13. dyshaun says:

Sarcasm AND cattiness. Whew.

14. Jihan says:

@Dyshaun Sarcasm, yes, Cattiness no.

15. Jaida says:

I’m kind of over seeing Rihanna posted up with a cigar or cigarette in her hand in every picture. It’s digusting habit, even if it is for “looks” and her voice (or lack thereof) will suffer as a result of it. As much as I love Kanye, I’m not a fan of these Air Yeezy’s. I liked the previous releases way better.

16. Lulu Mzathu says:

The Air Yeezy’s aren’t dat dope..compared to the Air Yeezy 1.