December 16th, 2011
Celebrity Style, Mail Bombs, Shopping

Happy Friday, y’all!
The year is winding down and I’m super excited to see your nominations for Fashionista of the Year, Fashion Bombshell of the Year, etc. Don’t forget to leave a comment here!
I’m running to get my nails done (they are busted!!), but first, let’s solve some Mail Bombs!
Shavonna says, “Could you please tell me who makes the skirt that Jennifer of Basketball Wives has on in this photo?!”

” I would love to have this in my closet.”
At first glance I was sure she was wearing Azzedine Alaia, though I haven’t been able to find a similar skirt online. The closest I could find to Jenny’s steeze was this $810 Striped Bandage Fit-and-Flare Skirt by Herve Leger:

Get it from Bergdorf Goodman.

Though a good number of you were not fans of Amber Rose’s dark, long, locks, some of you were fans of her outfit:

Margaret says, “Where can I get tights like hers?”
We found you a slew of zebra tights, at varying price points:

Lana says, “Please help me find this dress Ciara rocked for New Years in Miami.”‘

” I searched hi and lo with no success.”
We actually featured the dress on here back in September, saying, “….homegirl rocked the heck out of this red hot Alexandre Vauthier gown, baring those infamous stems of hers.”
So yep, the dress is by Alexandre Vauthier from his Fall/Winter 2011/2012 Couture collection.

Inquire about price and buying info at www.alexandrevauthier.com.

Sandy says, “Where can I find this tux jacket?”

“… It’s a must have for the beau this holiday season…I believe in miracles!”
The Biebs sang Christmas Carols with the Obama family in a white Dolce & Gabbana tuxedo jacket and matching pants. Find stores and buying info at www.dolcegabbana.com or get a similar look with this $280 Off White Shawl Collar Tux Jacket from Topman:

Next, Allison says, “Heaven only knows how old this picture is….”

“… But I was wondering if you could tell me where to purchase the ‘H’ belt.”
The H on any belt is the logo for Hermès, a haute luxury brand based in Paris. Hermès represents the top standard of any brand, so of course even the belt can cost you an arm and a leg (Hermès Birkin bags start at $10,000). All the belts on www.hermes.com average around $640, and the actual H belt is only available at original Hermès boutiques. The belts are typically sold out (like many things Hermès), so you may have to get on a waiting list for them.

Find a boutique near you at www.hermes.com. You can also try scouring for them in high end vintage shops or on Ebay, though be careful as it’s hard to verify authenticity.

Lastly, Autumn says, “Can you please find me some sequined jacket and blouse options like Kelly’s?”

“… I already have the red pencil skirt but I love her jacket and blouse combo!”
Now, Kelly is who, again? At any rate, we were able to find some options to give you her holiday perfect look:

That’s all we have time for today.
Make sure to leave your nominations for our stylish 2011 superlatives here.
Smootches!

29 Responses to “Mail Bombs: Jennifer Williams’s High Waisted Striped Skirt, Amber Rose’s Zebra Tights, and Where to Buy Hermès “H” Belts!”

1. Dobe says:

Don’t tell me you don’t watch “The Office”! Kelly Kapoor… she’s hilarious! Dope jacket, as well.

2. Dobe says:

And where the hell is the rest of Malia’s dress? lol

3. cheeky says:

Exactly @Dobe! The Office is the best and I heart Kelly! Great finds!

4. SideEye Mimi says:

So whenever you have to call about pricing, you don’t need it haha. Ciara gets that Couture handed to her like it’s nothing, but anyway Kellyyyy I love her, and her outfit is cute on there, and Niemans if they have an Hermes Counter has belts the H isn’t that large, but they have them there starting around 250.00, but again the H is much smaller, and I would shy away for going on Ebay to buy anything High End, unless the seller has a history of selling personal items that have been worn,

5. sun.kissed says:

Those zebra tights are scary. Not to be critical, but if you don’t know what the H on the “H Belts” stands for then…Mary say no to the red pants and thigh high boots combo!

6. Indigo says:

Amber,take that wig off! The tights are nice, but everything else looks bad…

7. Indigo says:

Why are black women still buying Hermes? Ewww…

8. Dominique says:

Is there a specific reason why “black” women & Hermes don’t mix, Indigo?

9. katie says:

^^^Wasn’t that brand that refused to open it’s doors for Ms. Winfrey after they had closed? There was a bit of outrage because Hermes has no problem opening it door for celebrities after closing. They did let Ms. Winfrey be their spokesperson after that fiasco though. That could be it.

10. kaliente says:

I was just wondering, the ppl that inquire about these items…do they actually go buy them???

i have always wondered that..lol and i mean like the high priced items…like Ciaras dress and the Hermes belt..like really?

11. katie says:

Oh yeah, I forgot to add, Hermes would open the doors after closing to *white* celebrities. Hermes was accused of racism.

12. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

Kelly Kapoor! Love her! And that H belt is seriously overpriced IMO

13. Sharde Monet says:

Ciara is gorg in that photo… the best that ive ever seen her

14. Dee says:

If anyone wants a Hermes belt, it is available on their site.

15. My Response says:

Janet is so frigging hot!! She runs circles around a lot of young people.

16. Kloset Lover says:

Well I AINT buying a $250+ belt!!! Just being real! You can get a high quality belt at Halls or Nordstrom for cheaper than that

17. LaNA says:

Claire, you’re officially the “bomb”!

Caliente yes, I buy!

18. Syalina says:

Ciara is Gorg…..eous…..

19. jboogie says:

for my toronto peeps you can buy a “hermes H ” belt at Pacific mall, come on now. you know what im saying. In every colour. lol!

20. Lanyard says:

Hey mary j bridge you look so funny like a hot dog in horse riding boots but I don’t see a horse and you don’t have mustard so I can’t eat you, my child is allergic to mustard so maybe she can eat you.

21. kat says:

lol@Jboogie! I can understand having a lot of money to spend, but is there ever any thought to the actual value of the item? What could they have possibly done to that belt to make it worth $640? Is the buckle solid gold? Was it hand-hammered by mythical elves?

22. NikkiBellaRay says:

Cici is my fave here! She is simply the best at it!

23. MIssRich says:

great post, and the comments make it even better!

24. Dominique says:

@ Katie Oh okay, thank you! If racism is the reason, I understand. We definitely shouldn’t spend our money with people who look down upon us. It was just the way Indigo wrote it that had me like “huh???” But now I understand.

25. Mona L says:

LMFAO @ the H belt my girlfriend asked me about one and I wanted to read into her.. if you didnt know the H was for Hermes then you damn sure don’t need to be wearing one! How about that!

26. ummmm says:

Jennifer’s skirt is actually much cheaper. It’s no longer for sale but here’s the details: $188 BCBG MAX AZRIA FLARED POINTELLE BANDAGE POWER SKIRT. Happy Searching

27. Ciara’s dress is baaaad

28. I like the valuable information you provide in your articles.
    I will bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently.
    I am quite sure I will learn a lot of new stuff right here!

Best of luck for the next!

29. free coupons says:

We’re a gaggle of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your website offered us with useful info to work on. You’ve done a
    formidable process and our whole neighborhood shall be grateful to you.