December 14th, 2011
Fashion News, Nicki Minaj
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Nicki Minaj didn’t say “M.A.C, OPI, and a fragrance, too” on Make Me Proud for no reason. The rapstress is working on a branded perfume, so we can all smell like the Harajuku Barbie. Mark Cheatam, a music agent at Creative Artists Agency, says Minaj is also working on a clothing line.

“We’re also in discussions with different apparel companies as well. We’re expecting that will make her a mainstream brand.” I’m a little scared to see what her clothing line would look like. But would you buy her fragrance? (StyleCaster)

• Just because you’re broke doesn’t mean there aren’t rich people still buying stuff they don’t need! Elizabeth Taylor‘s personal jewelry collection raked in record amounts at auction, racking up over $114 million in total, well past the previous record of $50,281,887 set by the Duchess of Windsor’s baubles in 1987. Since no one can justify spending that much money these days, part of the proceeds from the auction will go to the Elizabeth Taylor AIDS foundation. (Telegraph)

• They are not playin’ at the DVF sample sale! The ladies over at WreakHavocNY attended the sale, and threw three DVF Mongolian fur vests into the lion’s den to see how people would react. Let’s just say New Yorkers have amazing reflexes! (WreakHavoc)

• Check out the full lookbook for the VersaceH&M Cruise collection, which will be available January 19, only on those H&M sites supporting e commerce. So if you live in the United States, you can look, but you can’t touch. The collection has many of the same cuts as the first collaboration, this time in pastel hues and playful tutti frutti print. While it’s a little sad us Americans won’t be able to directly buy anything, the fact that you won’t be scrambling to order online before the site crashes should give you some solace. (Fashionista)

June Ambrose‘s much anticipated reality show, Styled by June will debut on the small screen February 27. Will you be watching? (The YBF)

~Jihan

15 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Nicki Minaj Fragrance in the Works, Drama at the DVF Sample Sale, and ‘Styled by June’ Hitting TV Soon”

1. Kay says:

Nicki *sigh*, I can’t…….On to June Ambrose, I will definitely be watching her reality show. She’s interesting to me ;)

2. The DVF sample sale video was funny.

3. AvaK says:

Regarding June Ambrose, I am truly not a fan, I believe she is extremely condescending to people of color. I also had a fellow stylist tell me an unpleasant experience she had with June years back. The girl was a salesperson at retail store that was doing a promo with June. She told June she admired her and asked if June could give her suggestions or advice on the Fashion Industry. June ignored her and acted as if she didn’t hear her. Typical…

4. Kristen Bartlett says:

I most deff would buy Miss Minaj’s perfume but I would have to see what her clothing line would look like berfore I buy it because her style is very daring and “out there” :)

5. katie says:

I would buy neither of Minaj’s garbage. She really trying hard to get mainstream huh? >_>

6. sun.kissed says:

LOL at the video. IT IS NOT A GAME. Nicki+ a clothing line= hmmmm.

7. Mona L says:

I am NOT anticipating Junes show Ive watched on her Wendy and needless to say her segments are very underwhelming and the ad libs are a bit much.

8. Mona L says:

WTF is Haute Pepper and Chai Tea is a drink not a nod to fashion!

9. andie says:

I’m so happy nicki is doing so well. I think she is very creative. I won’t wear everything she wears as a complete outfit she does have interesting pieces so I’m interested in seeing what she comes up with. And I certainly will be watching mama june’s reality show…im a junkie #sueme

10. As Donatella Versace recently said, artists/celebs should stick to their fields and leave fashion alone.

I’ll probably watch the 1st episode of June’s show then decide whether its worth my time.

For some DVF at a good price, I would pepper spray someone like that lady in Cali during Black Friday!

11. Marsha D says:

Not to throw salt in the game but Nicki and a clothing line…*sigh* Can’t she just help fund a real designers dream, getting a lil sick of celebrity/singer/rapper, etc clothing lines…..
    June? wellll I do anticipate it but curious to see if the above is at all true.

12. guest. says:

June’s so talented, beautiful, and a great role model all around. So happy and excited for her show. I’ll definitely tune in!
    Also, stylists are asked about “breaking into the industry” at every retail location. I’m sure her snub had nothing to do with race. I’ve been in that position.

13. sherry says:

Ok, Can you purchase stuff on H&M?

14. Isabella says:

I can’t wait to see Nicki’s new stuff!!! She’s is doing so well. People who say her stuff is garbage, first of all have nor even seen her line. She’s trying hard of course like you are suppose too! (its like how do get an a in school if you don’t try!) Nicki’s the best and she doesn’t have to try to be so.

15. Jamesvictoria says:

At this time so nice post like to all beauty info..