December 12th, 2011
Celebrity Style, Mary J. Blige, Who Wore it Better

Two divas go into a fashionable battle.
Who will come out on top?

Mariah Carey recently showed off her post baby body in an all black outfit punctuated by $1,260 Christian Dior Guetre Thigh-High Alligator Buckle Boots:

The boots are a favorite of Mary J Blige, who wore them in green to Rico Love’s birthday bash in Miami. She also wore another pair in brown to perform a few weeks prior. We all know Mary loves her boots…

The now sold out burnished leather heels have a lace-up front and alligator buckles that make their way up the thigh. They came in green, deep red, black, and navy:

Both ladies are a little too matchy matchy for my taste. Mary took pains to match her shirt to her shoes. And even though Mariah is wearing all black, she’s still doing the most by pairing a black textured jacket with textured shoes. The shoes are hot, but neither outfit does it for me.
What do you think?

17 Responses to “Who Wore it Better? Mariah Carey vs. Mary J Blige in Christian Dior Guetre Thigh-High Alligator Buckle Boots”

1. DivaFabulosa says:

I actually like the brown boots better, but I voted Mariah since I like the entire look.

2. Dobe says:

You’re right about this one. Not feeling any of the ensembles. I love the colors of Mary’s boots… but I can’t get with her outfits, and definitely can’t get with that hair in the first picture.

Love Mary, though!

3. Tia says:

wow mariah is looking thin…i need her diet and workout plan

4. SVM says:

I am so tired of seeing Mary in practically the same outfit.
    I vote new stylist for Mary!

5. Dom says:

Why does Mariah look so uncomfy?

I like the boots in brown esp., but their outfits aren’t doing them justice.

6. I really wish Mary would stop with this look. Its basically her uniform now. Top, jeans/leggings, thigh high boots and blonde wig.

And can she PUHLEEZE stop hunting down tops that are the same color as her boots?!?

7. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Love MJB’s color combo and Mariahs black on black esemble. Their both a tie…

8. HarlemVanity says:

I really do love Mary I promise, but it’s like her dress game is stuck in the 1990′s. I think the navy ones are sick with a simple cropped blazer, v- neck white tee dark denim and a sick bag.

9. MonaLisa_310 says:

I like the boots but is this the only way we know how to rock this style boot? With tights? Like, come on Mary with this look.

10. Marta says:

I like Mariah’s, maybe because it’s all in black. I wouldn’t wear those boots, not my type because they kind of look like as if you don’t have real legs.

11. Jani says:

both look beautiful. But I vote for Mariah :)

-Jani

12. vanessa says:

Both look bad, i don’t like their style!!!! Arrrggg!!!

espantajasandfriends.blogspot.com

13. sun.kissed says:

Neither, hated it!

14. Amelie says:

I HATE THE WAY MARY DRESSES!!! CAN SHE LEAVE THE 90′S BEHIND! JEESH

15. Auty says:

they both look a hot ass mess…its 2011 not 1995. the boots ARE hot though.

hate mariah’s jacket

17. Na415 says:

Love the both Mary had the boots in the best colors