December 12th, 2011
Celebrity Style, Nicki Minaj, Swimsuits

Eileen writes, “I was trying to find out the designer of Nicki Minaj’s bathing suit in the Why You Mad video…”

“…It’s beautiful. Thanks!”
Nicki showed off her bodacious body in a Herve Leger Pre Spring 2012 Bandage swimsuit (shown in red):

Chanel Iman was the first to be styled in the suit for the cover of Elle Magazine’s October 2011 issue:

As you can see the suit’s aesthetic varies wildly depending on your body type.
Unfortunately the piece is not yet available at Herve Leger’s online store, though similar styles are available for pre-order starting at $580. My guess is you’ll have to wait a bit before you can buy Nicki’s swimsuit, though you can try calling a retailer near you to see if they have it. Find stores at www.herveleger.com.

What do you think?

28 Responses to “Wardrobe Query: Nicki Minaj’s “Y U Mad” Herve Leger Pre Spring 2012 White Bandage Swimsuit”

1. $600 for a swimsuit? Its hot but I’ll pass.

2. And Nicki is too…”curvy” for this. She makes it look raunchy instead of sexy & sassy like the models. Barely covers her breasts and I KNOW it definitely didnt cover her rear end.

3. Nana says:

All I can say…I hope the women asking for these revealing pieces have the BODY to pull them off without looking like gutter trollops. Everything isn’t for everyone #imjustsayin

4. Dinka Don says:

LMAO! @Nana

5. Kitty B. says:

LMAO @Nana **high5**

@addicted2fashion or one of you lovely ladies…Can you please explain how your able to have ppl few your twitter or blog page by clicking your user name?? I’ve been trying to figure this out for weeks.

Thanks so much in advance <3 :)

6. BougieHippie says:

I like it! it’s sexy, new and will hide a lot of things while still being revealing.

7. Eileen says:

Thanks so much…you really helped me!!!

8. T1K says:

And I thought I was tripping for spending $190 on last bathing suit I purchased! I don’t like the bust part, it looks tiny, but the color nicki is wearing is nice.

9. dyshaun says:

Hot suit.

Im so sick of the fashion police trying to check everybody for what they want to wear. GTFOH and grow up. Sheesh. You aint Anna.. And if you think Anna is telling ppl what to wear, you dont get it.

Love Chanel’s cover skirt.

10. Nicki is really loving this bandage look because she surely had on a similar suit in Big Sean’s “Dance” video. To each its own. She’s adorable all the same.

11. Kay says:

@Kitty B
    There’s a field that allows you to put your name, and the 3rd field allows you to put you website/twitter name there.Hope this helps ;)

Nicki looks great, but I agree with addikted2fashion, it’s looks hella raunchy!

12. terilili says:

yeah, that’s the kind of item that is cute in a video but far too scandalous for real life. Her nips are barely covered! And I love the beach as much as the next girl (perhaps even more), but $200 is my limit when it comes to such a scant piece of fabric (that isn’t serving the function of an undergarment).

13. Kitty B. says:

Thanks so much Kay, it definitely helped :)

14. katie says:

Minaj needs a bathing suit that actually covers her body imo. Why too much skin for my taste.

She wore a similar swimsuit in the Big Sean video…but its black: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn1VGytzXus

Personally, I think she looks hot.

16. krystel says:

hmmm

17. Cee Lo says:

i think the model’s frame and the red color is executed well

18. Kitty B – put the Url in the website field in the login area :)

19. Jemet says:

Maybe I’m alone on this and maybe it’s the angle, but I don’t like it on Chanel at all. I do, however, love how it looks on the model in red and I think Nicki pulled it off well. I don’t feel she’s too curvy in this particular suit. If anything, I think Chanel isn’t curvy enough for it. Beautiful girl but idk, I just don’t like it.

20. binks says:

I agree Jemet, I think it looks better on Nikki as well because of her curvy frame, Chanel and the model aren’t quite pulling it off for me. Secondly, not everybody is active in their swimwear so people like to look nice while laying on the beach/pool

21. andie says:

I agree with Jemet as well… I like it on Chanel except for the bust part it looks strange to me..I love it best on the model! However, nicki’s risqué look is cool with me..she has curves for days but she is tight in the right places too

22. Frost says:

I love it on Nikki. I thought she looked ridiculously sexy, and I want one now, even though I don’t think I would look as nice in it because I’m a 32B cup, so the top might not look too flattering, just like on Chanel. I think that it just makes her look really flatchested.

I hope I can find a knockoff of this swimsuit though to get anyway. :P

23. Kelley Barnes says:

I don’t know how I feel about this swimsuit. I adore Chanel Iman, but she’s too skinny for the look.

24. asd says:

I think Niki looks gorgeous unlike this anorexic model! I think she looks so sexy and these types of bikinis need sexy body’s . victoria secret girls are too skinny and remove all their makeup they are ugly!!

25. Aldees says:

But do you know where to find the camo pants? I am a dancer and I never find these kind of loose camo pants..its always either tight or super baggy!

26. Thai says:

Lol…it’s just my opinion, but I saw nicki in it and instantly loved it. I came to this site to see where to buy it, saw the models in it and hated it. I’m sorry but this one looks way better on curvy ladies. The idea is sexy, like your busting out of bandages without showing much of anything…the skinny girl version just looks like they could a booboo and put a bandaid on it. Chanels…looks confused and the red model…looks like she’s stuck in some creeps basement.

27. Leonie says:

What about the other dress, when she say “I am the female Weezy” ?

28. oshane says:

I want to know the name of the soldier pants she wore as the female weezy