• Just Jared leaked a few photos of Jennifer Hudson testing the limits of her smize, shooting for an upcoming issue of Vanity Fair in Los Angeles.
Is this a cover shoot? It would be nice to see a cover girl on a mainstream magazine that doesn’t include the usual list of suspects. (Just Jared)
• We’ve all been witness to the theatrical stylings of Ms. Tyra Banks, but the model mogul claims we see her best work at judging panel on America’s Next Top Model. “When I did my show, created my show or whatever, I also created a persona on Top Model,” She said during CNN’s TV special Dinner With Kings. “And it’s a character. So when I’m sitting there and I have all this make-up on, and I’m like, ‘Your picture’s not fierce…’ talking all that and reprimanding the girls, that is a character. I don’t do that, like, in real life; I’m passive aggressive. I’m anti-confrontational; I’m even in coaching to learn how to be confrontational.” Oh, Tyra, your ability to muster up the courage to make constructive criticism for our entertainment is downright admirable. (ONTD)
• Janice Dickinson would also agree that aspects of ANTM are fake. Though her face cannot express it, the ex- supermodel is still sore about her stint on the show, claiming in an interview with Film On she was “[C]onned, thinking that I was actually helping judge a TV franchise, that actually my say had any imput. Cover Girl are the people that choose the model. Not any of the judges, not what Tyra says. It’s who Cover Girl thinks should win. Definitely on Tyra’s show, it’s rigged.” The lack of reality in reality television is news to no one, but after years of railing against Ms. Banks, why is Janice only just now divulging this information? Your seat is right this way, Ms. Dickinson. (Wet Paint)
• We were all wondering about her conspicuous presence this year at the Paris Fashion Week Spring 2012 shows, and now another shocker: Ciara is featured (for the second time) in an upcoming issue of Paris Vogue. The sharpness of the singer’s clavicles is nearly outshined by the gratuitous length of her hairpiece. Well done, Cici. (Necole Bitchie)
•StyleBlazer found 10 hot party pumps bound to turn heads this holiday season. (Style Blazer)
• The sample sales just keep adding up as the balances in our bank accounts continue to dwindle. DVF is holding a sample sale at 260 Fifth Avenue, between 28th and 29th streets at the following hours: Tuesday, 12/13 from9:00 AM – 6:30 PM. Wednesday, 12/14 10:00AM – 8:00 PM. Thursday, 12/15 from 10:00AM – 7:00 PM. Friday, 12/16 from 9:00AM – 5:00 PM. Saturday, 12/17 from 10:00AM – 3:00 PM. Don’t forget to RSVP at SampleSale@DVF.com so they know you’re coming.
• Speaking of spending money, Samantha Black of Sammy B Designs is holding a shopping event with her group MONROE. Amongst the items up for sale are pieces from Sammy B, accessories from Created by Fortune, and much more. They will also be collecting donations for New York Cares coat drive, so you won’t feel too bad after you spend all your money on clothes and accessories. RSVP at Monroe.eventbrite.com
20 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Jennifer Hudson Shoots for Vanity Fair, Janice Dickinson Says Top Model is ‘Rigged’, and the Diane von Furstenberg Sample Sale!”
Leave a Reply
Popular Posts This Week
blog advertising is good for you