December 8th, 2011
Fashion News, Jennifer Hudson
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Just Jared leaked a few photos of Jennifer Hudson testing the limits of her smize, shooting for an upcoming issue of Vanity Fair in Los Angeles.

Is this a cover shoot? It would be nice to see a cover girl on a mainstream magazine that doesn’t include the usual list of suspects. (Just Jared)

• We’ve all been witness to the theatrical stylings of Ms. Tyra Banks, but the model mogul claims we see her best work at judging panel on America’s Next Top Model“When I did my show, created my show or whatever, I also created a persona on Top Model,” She said during CNN’s TV special Dinner With Kings. “And it’s a character. So when I’m sitting there and I have all this make-up on, and I’m like, ‘Your picture’s not fierce…’ talking all that and reprimanding the girls, that is a character. I don’t do that, like, in real life; I’m passive aggressive. I’m anti-confrontational; I’m even in coaching to learn how to be confrontational.” Oh, Tyra, your ability to muster up the courage to make constructive criticism for our entertainment is downright admirable. (ONTD)

Janice Dickinson would also agree that aspects of ANTM are fake. Though her face cannot express it, the ex- supermodel is still sore about her stint on the show, claiming in an interview with Film On she was “[C]onned, thinking that I was actually helping judge a TV franchise, that actually my say had any imput. Cover Girl are the people that choose the model. Not any of the judges, not what Tyra says. It’s who Cover Girl thinks should win. Definitely on Tyra’s show, it’s rigged.” The lack of reality in reality television is news to no one, but after years of railing against Ms. Banks, why is Janice only just now divulging this information? Your seat is right this way, Ms. Dickinson. (Wet Paint)

• We were all wondering about her conspicuous presence this year at the Paris Fashion Week Spring 2012 shows, and now another shocker: Ciara is featured (for the second time) in an upcoming issue of Paris Vogue. The sharpness of the singer’s clavicles is nearly outshined by the gratuitous length of her hairpiece. Well done, Cici. (Necole Bitchie)

•StyleBlazer found 10 hot party pumps bound to turn heads this holiday season. (Style Blazer)

• The sample sales just keep adding up as the balances in our bank accounts continue to dwindle. DVF is holding a sample sale at 260 Fifth Avenue, between 28th and 29th streets at the following hours: Tuesday, 12/13 from9:00 AM – 6:30 PM. Wednesday, 12/14 10:00AM – 8:00 PM. Thursday, 12/15 from 10:00AM – 7:00 PM. Friday, 12/16 from 9:00AM – 5:00 PM. Saturday, 12/17 from 10:00AM – 3:00 PM. Don’t forget to RSVP at SampleSale@DVF.com so they know you’re coming.

• Speaking of spending money, Samantha Black of Sammy B Designs is holding a shopping event with her group MONROE. Amongst the items up for sale are pieces from Sammy B, accessories from Created by Fortune, and much more. They will also be collecting donations for New York Cares coat drive, so you won’t feel too bad after you spend all your money on clothes and accessories. RSVP at Monroe.eventbrite.com

~Jihan

20 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Jennifer Hudson Shoots for Vanity Fair, Janice Dickinson Says Top Model is ‘Rigged’, and the Diane von Furstenberg Sample Sale!”

1. Syalina says:

J Hud is looking fabulous, not just because she lost all those weight. But girl.. She got some serious style and attitude. Thumbs Up..

2. Top Model sucks everyone should watch “Scouted” on E!

3. Candice T. says:

“Your seat is right this way, Ms. Dickinson.” classic Jihan, you never fail me lol

4. Fashionbum82 says:

Jihan you’re hilarious!

5. Madpet says:

I can’t with Tyra Banks. I seen through her fakeness a long time ago, which is why I don’t watch her talk show nor Top Model.

6. lolodoll says:

J Hud is soo adorable. I always thought she was a cutie patootie!

Tyra, hmmmm…my opinion of her changed after her talk show and for the worse might I add. Don’t believe her for one sec about it being a character. Just like Beyonce and how she used Sasha Fierce as an excuse to be bitchy and rude to her folks. Please. Unless you’re diagnosed for some bi-polar type disorder, you are you and only you. Own your bitchiness. These alter egos and “personality” references need to stop. Just an excuse for being rude to others.

Oh and this darn Macy’s ad is driving me insane in the membrane!

7. Deb says:

Ditto on the Macy’s ad

8. Damn says:

Yes! That damn Macy’s ad! Uggghhhhh! I work there part time nights and I really hate being reminded of the place when I’m trying to screw around at my real job.

9. Savage says:

Ok, I just can’t w J-Hud..She’s not an attractive woman to me..At all. Ciara is looking a bit hard, she needs to soften it up a bit. W that boyish shape she needs try something else. Tyra, Tyra, Tyra..I respect her hustle and her drive to make something out of her empire that is based on substance but she continously sets the example that models should shut up.

And I don’t care I adore Janice! Her and her plastic, pill popping self.

10. zimbabwechic says:

And the No Sh*t Sherlock award of the day goes to Janice Dickinson. You’re 6 years too late with that one honey

11. sun.kissed says:

LOL @ Though her face cannot express it…J Hud is looking good.

@ lolodoll “Beyonce and how she used Sasha Fierce as an excuse to be bitchy and rude to her folks” where did you get that from?

12. Jihan says:

@sun.kissed , I am wondering that as well. I’ve heard nothing but good things from people who have worked with her.

13. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

My real estate group worked with Beyonce, and honey, if someone can be cordial during real estate deals, especially commercial, then they are genuinely a nice person!

14. lolodoll says:

My reference to Beyonce stems from an interview she conducted a while back when she stated out of her own mouth that sometimes when she’s gearing up for a performance / preparing to go on a show she sometimes snaps and yells at folks and attributed it to what she called the Sasha Fierce side of her. As I said earlier, these alter ego / personality reference by all (Beyonce, Tyra and anyone else who has used this as an excuse to say not so nice thing to others) is bull crap. Own up to the fact that you said it or wanted to be rude towards someone else. Don’t get the being cordial during a real estate deal reference….scratching my head.

15. ok says:

@lolodoll you’re scratching your head at the real estate reference and i’m scratching my head at you even bringing up beyonce into a post that has absolutely nothing to do with her…somebody hand me a comb!!

16. Jennifer says:

I just want J-Hud’s lacefront to have bangs. I hate that it’s so obvious.

Hoorah for the DVF sample sale! If only I could make my way to NYC…

17. lolodoll says:

Oh Lord. Here we go! The Beyonce reference was an EXAMPLE to explain my point. The same could be said for Ciara and any other artist who’s spoken of having an alter ego or these “personalities”. I don’t get it. Will never get it. We don’t have alter egos. Plain and simple. Own up to you being you. I chose to use Beyonce because her alter ego is the most notable. If you got it…good for you. If you didn’t…good for you. End of discussion re: this topic on my end. Refuse to turn this into a bashing / defending Beyonce type thread.

18. Lioness says:

RSVP for the DVF Sample Sale? When did that start happening? Granted that line does get long depending on what time you go but will I be let right in like it’s a club? lol

19. katie says:

*sigh* Man people, how do you not get Beyonce was an example? Stop trying to turn it into something it’s not.

20. Claire says:

Y’all, sorry about the ads, but without them, I don’t eat and writers don’t get paid. x