December 7th, 2011
Andre Leon Talley, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• André Leon Talley gives sound financial advice. But you’d better make some rich friends in order to follow it.

Instead of paying for frivolities like clothes or going to the movies, get them for free from your privileged pals: “I’m not going to go to the local theater to spend $12 … when I can get a screening copy of a film. I don’t get screeners myself, but I can borrow from my friends or go to their house to watch. Why spend money on movies when you can spend it on gas? Or dry cleaning? Or groceries?” You’ve got a point there Mr. Talley, how about we make friends, and you can spend your money on my gas, dry cleaning, and groceries?  (The Cut)

• Get from 70- 90% off runway dresses from Cushnie et Ochs from Thursday, December 8th to Friday, December 9th from 10AM-7PM. head on over to 336 W.37th St between Eighth and Ninth Aves, suite 1200, and scoop up some fly dresses to rock this holiday season! (Racked)

• The first grader in me is squealing with utter delight at this news bit: Lisa Frank (of prancing rainbow unicorn Trapper Keeper fame) apparel is now available through their website, in both children’s and grown women’s sizes. Try to contain yourselves. (Racked)

• Affordable Japanese clothing company ICB has enlisted the talents of Prabal Gurung to spearhead the relaunch of their brand in the US and Europe. Mr. Gurung was named ICB’s Chief designer, and is set to debut the Spring collection at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. Broke fashionistas rejoice! Now you can have a piece of Mr. Gurung at  prices that won’t make you come up short on your college loan payments! (WWD)

• Boxing Kitten is having a sample sale next weekend! In addition to me lurking like a gully creature, you will find deeply discounted dresses (starting at $50) and separates (starting at $25). Get your shop on Saturday, December 17th from 11AM-8PM and Sunday, December 18th from 11AM-5PM at Blake Scotland located at 62 Clinton Street Bet. Stanton and Rivington.

• Nicki Minaj is dressed to host children’s programming in this teaser for Willow Smith‘s upcoming music video, Fireball. (Necole Bitchie)

~Jihan

17 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: André Leon Talley’s Financial Advice, Happy Holidays– Lisa Frank is Selling Clothes, and the Boxing Kitten Sample Sale!”

1. KAYLA says:

I’m about to scream…LISA FRANK?!?!?! God has smiled on me…

2. Savage says:

Yep…I can def see myself in that Lisa Frank..

3. Savage says:

BTW if check the website the woman modeling the adult wear is really giving a sexy face..like she doesn’t have a pink shirt with dolphins on it..lmao

4. kelly says:

you know you was the sh** if you owned some lisa frank back in the day…

5. jasmine says:

omg i remember i could not afford their binders but l all the cool white girls had them and i stole all of their stickers that come with the binders. i feel bad now :/…….

6. jasmine says:

nope, lisa frank does not have the same effect it had back in 1st grade i would never wear that.

7. Toure says:

I would love to go to the Boxing kitten event if her items were a bigger that a size 10.

8. Dobe says:

I’d have to give the Lisa Frank apparel a friendly “no, thanks”. The brand served its purpose back in elementary school, but has no place in my closet.

I will be checking out that Boxing Kitten sample sale, though… thanks for the info!

9. sun.kissed says:

Lisa Frank is about 15 years too late with this one…Maybe her and Nicki Minaj can team up and do something really nice for the kiddies. Wouldn’t that just take the cake?

10. Caribbelle says:

Prabal did have a little stint with JCrew, it was ok to be honest. Solange wore one of his tops; the pink with the extremely large bow- to the JCrew showing during fashion week

11. Cee Lo says:

Oh Jihan, I am overwhelmed with all the saless! Thank youu for that Cushnie et Ochs tip I got some hard fashion decisions to make!

12. iQgraphics says:

remember the little scented erasers?? :D

13. shelly says:

OMG!!!!! I LOVED Lisa Frank when I was little! Ugh, just looking at some of her stuff takes me back to my childhood. Gotta love the 90′s, lol. But I def. just went to her website and saw the clothes that she is selling. Um…..perfect for the kiddies, but for the adults, not so much. But the whole Nicki Minaj partnership sounds like a REALLY good idea!

14. Sasha says:

I love Lisa Frank. This post brought me so much delight.

15. JME says:

I am getting that lisa frank! Took me back to 3rd grade!

16. T says:

lol i got excited too with the lisa frank shirt. the ICB online store is great
    but.. how do i convert it to english and us currency ? does anyone know?