/* analytics code */
• André Leon Talley gives sound financial advice. But you’d better make some rich friends in order to follow it.
Instead of paying for frivolities like clothes or going to the movies, get them for free from your privileged pals: “I’m not going to go to the local theater to spend $12 … when I can get a screening copy of a film. I don’t get screeners myself, but I can borrow from my friends or go to their house to watch. Why spend money on movies when you can spend it on gas? Or dry cleaning? Or groceries?” You’ve got a point there Mr. Talley, how about we make friends, and you can spend your money on my gas, dry cleaning, and groceries? (The Cut)
• Get from 70- 90% off runway dresses from Cushnie et Ochs from Thursday, December 8th to Friday, December 9th from 10AM-7PM. head on over to 336 W.37th St between Eighth and Ninth Aves, suite 1200, and scoop up some fly dresses to rock this holiday season! (Racked)
• The first grader in me is squealing with utter delight at this news bit: Lisa Frank (of prancing rainbow unicorn Trapper Keeper fame) apparel is now available through their website, in both children’s and grown women’s sizes. Try to contain yourselves. (Racked)
• Affordable Japanese clothing company ICB has enlisted the talents of Prabal Gurung to spearhead the relaunch of their brand in the US and Europe. Mr. Gurung was named ICB’s Chief designer, and is set to debut the Spring collection at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. Broke fashionistas rejoice! Now you can have a piece of Mr. Gurung at prices that won’t make you come up short on your college loan payments! (WWD)
• Boxing Kitten is having a sample sale next weekend! In addition to me lurking like a gully creature, you will find deeply discounted dresses (starting at $50) and separates (starting at $25). Get your shop on Saturday, December 17th from 11AM-8PM and Sunday, December 18th from 11AM-5PM at Blake Scotland located at 62 Clinton Street Bet. Stanton and Rivington.
• Nicki Minaj is dressed to host children’s programming in this teaser for Willow Smith‘s upcoming music video, Fireball. (Necole Bitchie)