December 7th, 2011
Holidays, Style Inspiration, Wedding, What to Wear
Style Inspiration: What to Wear to a Winter Wedding

Lisa contacted me on Twitter saying, “Can you do a style inspiration on what to wear to a winter wedding??”
Weddings are festive affairs, so I think splashes of color are very necessary no matter the season. Why not wow the crowd in something blue, offset by opaque tights and colorblock pumps?

Either cover your arms with a black blazer, or walk in with your black coat. Bring along a stole if the venue gets cold.

Get a similar look for less with these:

If you need sleeves or live somewhere super duper cold, opt for a tie neck dress in a vibrant color under a faux fur. Complete, again, with opaque tights and colorblock heels:

Get options for less here:

Which look would you wear?

14 Responses to “Style Inspiration: What to Wear to a Winter Wedding”

1. araspecial says:

love it all, especially the tie neck dress!

2. dyshaun says:

beautiful look. Hurt em!

3. WendyB says:

Love everything except the blazer, which for me is too business-y. I would take a stole/shawl.

4. shelly says:

I really like the looks! And the blazer is perfect! You can dress it up or dress it down, however you like.

5. The Versace & Zanotti shoes are dope.

6. Want, need the shoes.

7. Nicole says:

yessssss!!!,….to this whole post!!

8. Marie says:

Those white, blue and black shoes are fugly. Other than that love both outfits, that shade of blue is gorgeous.

9. Monie Love says:

that tie neck dress is giving me everything…j’adore!

10. DCA says:

Tie-neck dresses scream “work-appropriate” to me. I do not think they belong anywhere besides a civil wedding at a city hall. If the wedding is semi-formal or formal, it should be addressed as such. Likewise with the blazer- unless you are doing a women’s tuxedo look, which is medium-hard to pull off, I think a blazer is inappropriate for a wedding. Blazers have become casual staples at this point.

Also no-nos, in my opinion, are short, club/or party-style dresses. Not only is a wedding a family affair, but anyone doing too much will be perceived as upstaging the bride, and that’s not attractive.

The first suggestion is SO lovely and my favorite out of the bunch.

Ladies, don’t underestimate the power of a maxidress. Many people are afraid to go long for weddings but as long as it’s not ball gown status, it’s very chic and understatedly sexy.

Signed,
    someone who goes to alot of weddings

11. Claire says:

@DCA Thanks for your input. I never thought of wearing a maxi dress to a winter wedding! I actually have one from Helmut Lang that’s asymmetrical that would be a good choice. At any rate, I agree the second outfit might be cute, but maybe for a day at work, not so much a wedding. I was just envisioning it being a sheer material, worn with a chic high chignon and a bold lip. x

12. Nikki says:

I came on the site to find inspiration for a wedding I am attending on Dec. 30th. I found it. Thank you!!!! xo