December 6th, 2011
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• The Single Ladies producers have found a replacement for Stacey Dash. Actress Denise Vasi of All My Children fame will join the cast as a new character named Racquel.

At least there won’t be that awkward moment where we pretend not to notice that Val looks and sounds completely different. Crisis averted! (Hello Beautiful)

• In honor of the release of her postumus album, Lioness: Hidden Treasures, Amy Winehouse‘s final design collaboration with Fred Perry has been released for purchase. The collection channels Winehouse’s rockabilly style, with classic 1950s cuts in jukebox and Cadillac prints and hues of pale pinks, blues, and blacks. Proceeds will go to The Amy Winehouse Foundation. The full collection is available now exclusively online at www.fredperry.com.

• The Kardashian Klan is getting a taste of its own medicine, and even with a little sugar, it don’t go down so easy. The family is suing a woman named Sarah Ehrlich, who has just filed a petition to trademark the name of her new lash lengthening product, KardashianLash. Ms. Ehrlich plans to use the proceeds from the product to help send Honduran orphans to cosmetology school. I guess the Kardashians hate orphans as much as they do not capitalizing off something bearing their namesake. Now they know how it feels to be ripped off! (TMZ)

• Just in time for the holidays, Thakoon has released a special edition $180 Tiger Lily Twill scarf. The perfect gift for that wealthy family member who never stays past Christmas.

• Good news for those who can afford expensive shoes! Charlotte Olympia has announced that she is planning to open up a stateside boutique in none other than New York City. Not much information on the location has been released, but we know it’s going to be in Uptown Manhattan, and will open in mid to late January. (ELLE)

~ Jihan

15 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Meet Stacey Dash’s ‘Single Ladies’ Replacement, The Kardashians Sue Cosmetics Company, and Charlotte Olympia to Open NYC Store”

1. Dinka Don says:

I feel you on that Val looking completely different thing. Because we all know of a VIV that ended up looking inexplicably different outta no-where!

2. loverly says:

I liked Denise Vasi on AMC. I’m glad she’s got some work since its cancellation.

3. Mika says:

She’s beautiful, but I will miss Stacey :(

4. Lioness says:

Yay to Charlotte Olympia coming to NY!!! Can’t wait!

I’ve seen Denise Vasi in person before and she is stunning. I look forward to this new season!

5. zimbabwechic says:

But how will they explain away Val, this is why you shouldn’t end seasons on cliffhangers

6. MonroeB says:

Why do blogs have to go so hard on the Kardashians? Is this a fashion blog or a hating-gossip blog? I’m confused.

7. Claire says:

@MonroeB We’re a fashion blog. x

8. Marsha D says:

Yayyyy for Charlotte Olympia…..love those shoes but why do I feel like a little birdie should be inside the heel :-/

9. sun.kissed says:

Unless Sarah’s middle name is Kardashian, she’s in big boo boo!

10. Brandi says:

i understand why they are suing i guess, but those kardashians are greedy greedy.

11. Caribbelle says:

Charlotte Olympia shoes are to die for… they’re so well designed and pleasing to the eye. I never get bored with her shoes.

12. Raven says:

I’m surprised that Denise will join that show (probably bc I thought SL would be cancelled). The dialogue seems so unnatural at times and some of the acting is, well, bad . Nothing particularly juicy about the plot either. Hopefully they’ve stepped it up this season. I’ll give it another go.

The shoes are to die for. Too bad I’m broke.

13. Anna says:

@ MonroeB: Kim K, is that you? You mad because your 15min are officially up? Lol

14. candylicker says:

Will Stacey Dash EVER have steady work????

15. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

The woman replacing Stacy Dash, isn’t she the one who played Hazel Gordy on the American Dream (Jackson) movie?? She’s pretty! I’m sure she’ll do well.