December 5th, 2011
Fashion News, Nicki Minaj
By Jihan

• It’s Barbie, b*tch–for realsies this time. By the power invested in Mattel, Nicki Minaj‘s likeness is finally represented with a single pink wigged Barbie doll, to be auctioned off for charity.

Bidding starts at $1,000, and money from the proceeds will go to Project Angel Food, which helps people affected by HIV/AIDS. Wonder if the booty is proportionally correct? (MTV)

• Today’s the day! Download the Valentino Garavani Virtual Museum, and take a digital tour of the designer’s work dating back to the 1960s. Get the app here. (Valentino Garavani Archives)

• Michael Kors is going public! The designer plans to sell 48 million shares for between $16 and $19 apeice, which could raise some serious bucks for Mr. Kors. So… who’s buying shares? (WWD)

• You’re never too old to compete with younger women! 84-year-old Marie Kolstad is the oldest woman in the world to get breast implants. She went from a 36B to a very perky 38D. She says the difficult dating climate at her age is the reason she got the surgery: “I would love to find a new man, but all the men my age want women 20 years younger. I thought I’d better take action so I can compete.” Who knew the senior citizen dating scene was so competitive?  (Daily Mail)

• Here is the new Holiday Video for Lanvin, featuring the delightful (and authoritative) Alber Elbaz, and some folks dancing slightly off beat. We’ll forgive them. (Racked)

~Jihan

16 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Nicki Minaj is Finally A Barbie, Michael Kors Goes Public, and Lanvin’s Holiday Video”

1. Nessa B says:

OMG! Nicki Minaj has finally achieved her life goal of having a Barbie. Now she can die in peace lol.

2. Savage says:

YOOOOO I can’t wait to buy some shares in MK. I’m calling my FA first then going to the mall..lol

Her 15 minutes isn’t up yet?

4. sun.kissed says:

The Barbie is cute. LOL at the old lady. She better be glad she didn’t die on that table, while she playing around with unnecessary surgery.

5. Mads says:

@Jihan – ‘by the power invested in Mattel’ – love it!

6. dyshaun says:

Dang. Gran’s bits look better than mine. LOL

7. Caribbelle says:

The stock option is tempting, Kors has been pretty reliable but I’d have to investigate thoroughly before even considering setting down some coins lol. I wonder why now though?

8. Madpet says:

I’m not a big Nicki Minaj fan and a huge fan of Mattel. But this is one gorgeous Barbie.

9. Crystal says:

awww…grandma gotta bring sexy back! age ain’t nothing but a number…throwin down ain’t nothing but a thang.

10. Marsha D says:

Nice Doll. But Grandma…..I cannot! I wish my granny would come to me with some bitties lookin’ betta than mine *SLAP*

11. Nicki’s “Barb” is cute! Awww!

And I can’t with the granny either.. PLEASE Lawd let me be married or dead at 89. LOL

12. Madpet says:

Yall leave my granny alone!!

13. Scarlett says:

Jihan, you are a gifted writer.

14. Indigo says:

The grandmother story is very sad : (

15. Indigo says:

…So is the Barbie doll story…

16. Meika says:

Of course the senior citizen dating scene is competitive. It might not be a race to have babies, but it is a race against death. The end could literally be on the side of that very pool where she sips her pina colada. It only takes one chubby third grader and a canon ball. Cheers to her for getting a 2 cup sizes up on the competition <3