December 1st, 2011
Fashion News, Rihanna
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Here’s Rihanna in a blond wig and weird shorts shooting her video for her upcoming single, You Da One. I’m not sure about this gritty tomboy look her team chose this time around, but I love the song.  (Necole Bitchie)

Peter Hadar- ‘Your Body’ from Peter Hadar on Vimeo.

•Speaking of videos, check out this new saucy one from independent artist, Peter Hadar titled Your Body. Are you feeling it?

• The postponed season of Project Runway All-Stars will debut January 5th at 9pm. (Racked)

•Get your shop on at the Rag & Bone Sample sale, which goes down from December 1st-December 4th at Chelsea Market in NYC.

• Milan doesn’t think much of New York Fashion Week. New York has resolved to push the spring 2013 shows back a week to accommodate London and Milan’s dates, as long as the Italian city agreed with NYFW starting on the second Tuesday in September for the next two years. But now Milan is proposing that New York cut its week short by a day so London has extra time to show its menswear collections. Hmm, placing menswear shows over womenswear? Are our women’s collections boring you, Milan? (The Cut)

• Today is Chanel Iman‘s 21st Birthday! Happy Birthday Chanel! The top model is renting a private island off Jamaica for the night, so unless you have a boat,  you can forget about sneaking in to mingle with the beautiful people. (The Cut)

• Take a peek at heel less shoe designer Noritaka Tatehana‘s icy holiday 2011-12 collection. (Hint)

~Jihan

10 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Rihanna Shoots Video for ‘You Da One,’ Milan Proposes Change to New York Fashion Week, and Chanel Iman’s Island Birthday Bash”

1. sun.kissed says:

Looking forward to seeing Rihanna’s video, I wonder if it’ll make me like the song…I like the Peter Hadar song and I love that they used a ‘real woman’s body’ but there were far too many butt shots.

2. Fatimah says:

That song and video are equally sexy, I’m loving this Peter Hadar!

3. Marthe says:

I wish i had her body

4. Moni says:

I love rihanna’s new look.. It’s edgy, classic, an daring … !!!

5. Nia says:

Renting an island for your birthday? Ahhh I wish:/

6. Brandi says:

why do people need shoes with no heels? i mean that doesn’t even look good and i bet it costs an egregious amount of money.

7. katie says:

I did not need to see booty shot in that video. Tasteless!

8. I like that bikini.. I won’t even ask you guys if you have any idea……. lol!

9. sorry but rihanna looks a hot mess. i’m not going to pretend its cute or edgy b/c everyone else is hopping on the “rihanna can do no wrong” bandwagon.

chanel iman is just blah to me. im not feeling her as a VS angel and Im never blown away by her fashion spreads

milan needs to have multiple seats. acting like divas. menswear is WAY more boring than any womenswear show!

10. Danielle says:

I’m kind of feeling the Peter Hadar video. Maybe the music made all the booty shots were a little less offensive. IDK I like it. On another note, I was a huge rih rih fan when it came to her style…but I can’t get with any of her looks lately :-(