November 30th, 2011
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

June Ambrose confirmed via Twitter yesterday that she is indeed looking for an intern or assistant!

So all you  NYC-based aspiring stylists, take advantage of the opportunity to work with one of the best in the biz! Email TeamJuniverse@gmail.com if you’re interested! (June Ambrose Twitter)

• The Museo de la Moda in Santiago, Chile procured the dress Amy Winehouse wore on the cover of her Grammy-award winning album Back to Black at auction for $67,120. Stories like this make me I wish I could auction off my credit card debt. (HuffPost)

• If you care, Kourtney Kardashian announced today that she is pregnant with her second child. This announcement couldn’t be more timely, since the public hates Kim for her sham marriage, and people love pregnant ladies! All three sisters cover January 2012′s Glamour, so if you were hoping the divorce would finally diminish their overexposure, well… tough titty. (Hello BeautifulHuffPost)

• Marc Jacobs recently released his first TV commercial campaign is for his fragrance, Daisy. If you were wondering, it’s as boring as any other perfume ad. (The Cut)

Vogue Japan editrix Anna Dello Russo gives us 10 simple rules on holiday party etiquette. I plan on respectfully ignoring #10, which says; “don’t throw yourself on the buffet… it’s not POLITE!” (ADR)

Stella McCartney turned on the Christmas lights at her store in London last night, with the help of AbFab‘s Jennifer Saunders (as Edina Monsoon) and costar Emma Bunton. The designer will be featured in one of the three Christmas episodes of the sitcom, set to air in December. (Telegraph)

~Jihan

27 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: June Ambrose Needs an Assistant, The Kardashians Cover Glamour, and Marc Jacobs’s First TV Ad”

1. Dom says:

Maybe the K sisters didn’t disappear, but I for one will NOT be buying this issue of Glamour. It will be the first time in nearly ten years I haven’t done so. I’ll also be sending them a letter of protest detailing why.

2. Marsha D says:

They’re starting to irk me…and I love me some Khloe but…..

3. Miss Smith says:

Tough titty indeed, Jihan. I love AbFab though!!!

4. T1K says:

I think they all look ugly on that cover… Something isn’t right with those faces..

5. sun.kissed says:

I think the cover is cute. I need Kourtney’s cardigan. LOL at tough titty.

6. MIssRich says:

hitting up June Ambrose now!!

7. shelly says:

The Kardashian sisters look amazingly beautiful and fresh-faced on that Glamour cover! Who ever styled them did a great job. It’s really nice to see them without tons and tons of make-up on, or in their usual neutral colored ensembles. And yes, those cardigans are too cute.

8. bougiehippie says:

The Kardashians are just too adorable

9. Not really a fan of June Ambrose. One of my close business acquaintances briefly worked with June for a project ten years ago. She found June to be condescending and less than gracious. Good luck to whomever obtains that position.

10. LivvyV says:

I don’t like the Kardashians they just represent what going wrong with America and America’s glorifying of talentless individuals. But I have to agree they do look really cute. And I prefer Kourtney and Chloe over Kim anyday.

11. krystel says:

I’ll be buying this issue..they look so cute!

12. Empress says:

These tricks will do ANYTHING to stay in the spotlight!!….I see a reality show surrounded around her 2nd pregnancy….Kourtney & Scott..Smh…I blame it on America!

13. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

Maaaan, and I’m subscribed to Glamour! First that wackalicious JLo interview where she was certainly NOT fiercely styled, now this?! The rest of the magazine better be all the way live, nobody wants to read about Kimmie feeling sorry for herself. And Anna della Russo is hilarious, but why do all VOGUE editors look dementors are sucking all the collagen out of their faces? What is with this raisin face epidemic, I mean, Carine Roitfeld, Anna Wintour, Anna della Russo, and Franca Sozzani look like the new California Raisins!

14. Holly says:

well the Kardashians do look fab on the cover. Love the same theme but different colors thing going on.

15. SideEye Mimi says:

well calling them ugly is reaching. These Cash Cows are beautiful to me.

16. Katie says:

Would someone please these these attention whores to go sit down somewhere?!

17. Raven says:

Aww the cover is cute, but Khloe is barely in it.

18. Liz says:

i really dislike that horrid purple furball of a jacket. i am however loving the kardashians outfit. my view on their lives will not affect the price of flour tomorrow so…whatever. cute outfits.

19. Nes. says:

Poor Khloe! Look how they posed her differently and her body is covered with text. They did her wrong! She’s sexy, they didn’t have to put her aside like that. Sends the wrong message. Bad Glamour!

20. BlkRose says:

June Amrose! the wanna be urban frida kahlo! I rol lmy eyes a million times over again. She dresses like a cuban bag lady with those turbins, knock off hermes bags, grandma fur coats, and 6 inch heels. She stays looking like a grandma with her slippers hot mess. I will admit she can style(not all the tme), but please take it from someone who met this bag lady a few times, she will destroy your self esteem and steal all of your ideas. You’re just going to bring her fresh ideas. Met this chick enough to know that she is full of shit and her styling skills are 7.5 on a good day.

21. BlkRose says:

June Ambrose! don’t do it!

22. BlkRose says:

I have worked with June Ambrose a few times, and believe me! she is not worth it.

23. Jihan says:

@BlkRose, tell us how you really feel! :)

24. Indigo says:

@BlkRose… That’s what’s up! LOL She is over rated by ppl who follow anything that’s “in” LOL

25. BlkRose says:

If I went in they would know who I was, and I love my career and position too much to put myself on blast. It’s all hot air ladies! she’s played and out of fresh ideas. Those turbins are still killing me softly!

26. Accent says:

The KK sisters look amazing. Sometimes I wonder if people are for real calling them ugly or boring. Lets keep it real people

27. Dom says:

@ Accent

They arent bad looking. They are beautiful in fact. And I wouldnt know if they’re boring or not b/c I dont watch their show. But I’m sick to death of them being rammed in my face like they’re something to aspire too. And now they’re effing up my fav womens mag.

I sent a letter expressing my displeasure to the editor Wed. Ish like this is why I refuse to subscribe, and instead vote monthly with my $ for magazines.