November 26th, 2011
Fashion Discussion, Just Because, Shopping
Roll Call : Did You Get Anything on Black Friday?

So the dust has cleared, and deals have been done.

Did you end up getting anything for Black Friday?
I’m petrified of crowds and was honestly afraid of encountering something like this:

So I avoided the scene like the plague.
I did, however, get a few things from ASOS.com and popped into a local store for some new running sneakers…

I can’t decide if they’re fab or fug, but still can’t wait to test ‘em out.
What about you?

27 Responses to “Roll Call : Did You Get Anything on Black Friday?”

1. Aurélie says:

Claire those shoes are beautiful, it’s enough motivation to keep running, I still have my trust black Pumas but I definately want to make more of an investment and get new running shoes!

2. Shalanda says:

I love the shoes. I feel that workout gear should be colorful and fun to keep you motivated.

3. Nikki says:

The running shoes are fab. They look extra comfy

4. Savage says:

I thought about going out but my crazy ass decided to stay home, finish my Thanksgiving dinner, drink, and enjoy my friends and family. Then Friday I stayed home and rested and did terrible things to my leftovers…Not gonna let the establishment dictate how to spend my time off! lol

5. Nakia says:

I just can’t with the crazy people, also the stores that I usually shop at weren’t having any great sales. I actually think the best sales are from November 30th to December 15th.

6. Ordered some stuff online from the Body Shop.

7. SBD4L says:

I’m also petrified of large rowdy crowds, so I stayed home and shopped black Friday deals on Net-a-Porte :-)

8. Englishvers says:

Good heavens, Claire, that’s quite a crowd;-)
    I, too, would be petrified to be there. Adore your new running shoes.
    Aren’t the colours lovely?

9. Amelie says:

what did you get from ASOS!!?

10. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Wow Claire! That crowd looks crazy! For the first time I went out on Black Friday, it started at 10:45, went to Walmart first, let’s just say I didn’t even make it inside. The line was all the way out into the parking lot…I was so shocked! Then decided to go to Target up the way, clearly not as crowed as Walmart but the line was also, out of control. I just went to the Tanger Oulet store right by my town, went to Saks and got a beautifal T by Alexander Wang sweater for (originally $225, then marked down to $62.00) $30. Saks had alot of good sales on…I was happy on what I got, even went over to J Crew and got some cute sweaters!

11. Joseph says:

I got a few things I wanted a nice laptop for 178 dollars. I got a x ox with Kinect and game for the same price. I got a 6 core processor from WMD for 99 dollars and a few new games that were half off reg price. All in all spending 2 hours in line was worth it. Plus most people arecool to talk to about the stuff in line waiting.

12. Awomansbf07 says:

I shopped the Zara Black Friday sale online. No crowds, pushing, shoving, or missing Thanksgiving dinner. I got two pairs of shoes and a bag for $120 :)

13. sun.kissed says:

I never do Black Friday shopping, and this is exactly why. I can’t with the crowds and the foolery. I’d rather wait until after Christmas when everyone is too exhausted to even think about shopping or spending money. The shoes are fab! Definitely enough to keep you motivated. I love the colors.

14. Chantal says:

I went to Esprit for the 50% off everything and got some good things…also hit up Banana Republic and got 40% off my entire purchase..

15. B.Marie says:

This was my first year doing black Friday. My boyfriend and i camped outside of target for 6 hrs. We were #25 in line and got some amazing deals :-) probably won’t do it again for a few yrs tho lol

16. Cherry says:

I went to Walmart at 8pm on Thanksgiving and I was the 5th person in line for my new laptop!!! Didn’t have to wait outside b/c the Walmart was open 24hrs…While some fights broke out I had no problem b/c I wasn’t playin tht ish!!!lol

17. raya says:

i think it’s a great opportunity to get some stuff cheaper but it’s not worth fighting, at least for me .. (and I’m not american )

18. JenG says:

I waited until Friday morning 6am and went to Walmart and purchased a $19.00 HP printer. There were no crowds at all!

19. Calidream says:

I love love those shoes I work out all the time and I have some Nikes with neon pink overtaking the bottom of the shoe idk why but they keep me motivated to run lol….I DID go out for Black Friday as I do every year waited in line at Target was the 7th person in the store and grabbed two 40 inch TV’s for 500 bucks! Plus got my mother a sony cyber shot for under 100 dollars! Steal :)

20. Constance says:

Online Shopping Only lol!!! Got great Deals and avoided the crowds! =)

21. Tam says:

Did not join on the BF hoopla. Those shoes are too busy, me no likey :(

22. Deb says:

That asics is the wrong shoe for running. It doesn’t provide enough support. Be careful bc you may experience knee pain, if you plan on running in the shoe. This is a great fashion or circuit training shoe.
    Asics has some awesome running shoes so you may want to consider a second pair

23. DivaFabulosa says:

I think the shoes are fug, but I bet they are very comfy. I went to Nordstrom at like 6pm and that’s it. The lines were super long, but moved very quick. I might go shopping after Christmas, I never had a bad experience on that day. I don’t think I can do Black Friday. I’d rather spend a few extra dollars than fight for my life to save a few.

24. addikted2fashion says:

got a tv i wanted as a gift for my parents from walmart. Had to sit in line (literally sat down on aisle 9 of the grocery department) for 3.5 hours! Lol It was worth it cuz it saved me $150!

25. Crystal says:

the craziest places here are walmart and best buy. i don’t shop at walmart the other 364 days of the year so black friday was out of the question. i did go to the mall, it opened at midnight and i was up and bored anyway. i got a few things from ann taylor (50% off) and a few sweaters for my dad from banana republic (40% off). that’s it! i always wait until cyber monday to do any online shopping.

26. Apple says:

I went to Zara, H&M and Urban Outfitters. The ones by Bryant Park. I got great deals. U.O. had 50% off sale and I found some great deals at H&M for $5 and $10. Best buy was ok too.

27. lolodoll says:

Deb – You are sooo wrong. Everyone’s foot is different. Hence the importance of getting properly fitted for running shows. I’m a runner and due to my foot / running gait I require stability shoes. This isn’t the case with everyone. Running shoes vary from minimalist, netural, motion control, stability, etc. Again, it depends on the person. The shoes in the pic do fall into the “running” category. Besides, Clair appears to be an experienced runner. Sure she’s aware of what works best for her and what doesn’t.