November 22nd, 2011
Fashion News, HM Designer Sale
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• The world has barely recovered from the Versace x H&M hype, and now it turns out the two are teaming up for another collaboration due this spring!

That’s right. A second chance at months of constant coverage on this romance between H&M and Versace. A few shots of the collection have leaked, and it looks pretty cute. I’m eyeing those tutti frutti slingback sandals. This is how you make money in a bad economy, folks! (UK Mirror)

Gaga’s Workshop opened at Barney’s last night with a ribbon cutting done by the Lady herself. The holiday collaboration which includes cosmetics, accessories, and various household nick knacks, will be available at Barney’s until January 2. (WWD)

• The only winners of the Occupy Wall Street movement are the 1%. After Jay-Z refused to donate the profits of his “Occupy All Streets” tees to the movement, artist and OWS supporter, Daniel Edwards made this sculpture depicting Young Hova as a robber baron. Jay’s bust anchors that of Richie Rich, Scrooge McDuck, and Mr. Burns (note: he’s probably wealthier than all of them). (Necole Bitchie)

Nicole by Nicole Miller has launched a new website which includes a blog, behind-the-scenes footage of the creation process, and of course, an e-store where you can purchase the items made exclusively for JCPenney.

Janet Jackson‘s collaboration with outerwear and accessories line, Blackglama, is finally available in stores! Get all your upscale essentials from leather gloves to fur coats especially chosen by the pop diva at Maxmillian Fur Salon at select Saks Fifth Avenues and Bloomigdale’s.

• Just when I was starting to like clomping around in boots, ASOS is previewing their Spring collection! African inspired bustiers and joyful floral pieces are making me long for the days of open toe sandals and bare legs! Take a look, but try not to get too excited; it’s not even December yet! (Racked)

~Jihan

16 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Surprise! Versace x H&M Spring 2012 Collection, Jay-Z’s Tees Make Him OWS ‘Scrooge’, and Nicole by Nicole Miller”

1. Indigo says:

Does Jay Z have tits in the statue? Is it me or does he look like a slave? The whole action around the neck sends a few messages…

2. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Janet looks good!

3. HC says:

thats what I thought.. Is he a slave to his money? cause if u think about it, scrooge and mr burns and they, were not only rich but unhappy. what exctly are they trying to say? it’s art tho…

4. sun.kissed says:

Not feeling those Versace shoes, they look straight from Chernin’s. I’m not mad a Jay-Z, but it wouldn’t hurt him to donate to the cause. I guess you don’t make money by giving it all away…

SN: Omit and in the last sentence: “and but try not to get too excited; it’s not even December yet!”

5. Shara says:

I heard reports that the new Versace for H&M Spring line will only be available via H&M online shopping which means it will be a no go for Americans. : (

Check out camp out action from Versace for H&M launch in Chicago! http://wp.me/pQWtS-Ah

6. whatevs says:

if Beyonce had put out the same shirts as her husband…lol at the number of comments that would be on here…people would be calling for her head…

7. Dom says:

Jay Z is a mega jackass for that one. I hope his kid comes out looking JUST like him.

8. Afrikka! says:

they gave em tatas…lol

9. Afrikka! says:

The fact that he’s probably wealthier than all of them it wouldnt hurt him to donate some of the money from the OTS tees

10. Myranda says:

I will SO be at the spring launch for H&M+Versace. I got me nice things for the winter and one and I can’t wait!

11. iQgraphics says:

oh that asos stuff is yummy

12. Jihan says:

aww @Dom, I hope his kid is cute :(

13. Dom says:

@ Jihan…

I just hope you realize YOU dissed him, not me LOLOL

14. Frost says:

Oooooh…. I knew I heard about a January launch for Versace for H&M. I was able to get some nice things even though I was in group 5 or 6. This time around, I’m going to make sure I go even earlier!

15. Crystal says:

Not cool Shawn Carter, not cool!

16. clicky_heels says:

why is traditional african clothing ‘slavewear’ to black americans?? he is clearly wearing something traditionally african.

WHY does this say slave? It is not shackles or handcuffs. Be proud or your heritage – or at least dont be ignorant of it.