November 22nd, 2011
Fashion News, Rihanna

Vogue UK reports Rihanna has teamed up with Emporio Armani Underwear and Armani Jeans to create her first fashion line, an abbreviated collection of biker jackets, jeans, lingerie, and t’s:

Rihanna is already the face of both brands, so it’s only natural she would collaborate with them on her very first collection.

No word if Rih actually had a hand in designing this line, of if the folks at Armani simply created a few pieces inspired by their current muse.

At any rate, I’m not a huge fan of the jeans, though I think some of the t’s could be cute. I’ll be honest, I was expecting more from Rihana’s first fashion collection.

If you want a piece, items will be available mid November.

What do you think of Rihanna’s fashion foray?

Posted In
24 comments

24 Responses to “Rihanna Teams Up with Emporio Armani Underwear and Armani Jeans to Create her First Fashion Line”

1. Caribbelle says:

That’s one way to get into the biz, I wonder if its just licensing. An easy transition into designing I guess.

2. One-E says:

I’ve been anticipating Rihanna’s clothing line for years. YEARS. It’s disappointing to see mainly jeans and t-shirts when she experiments with so many looks. Hopefully the rest of her collection will be more fearless.

3. Tam says:

That’s it….this gets a Hmmmmm :/

4. Truth Teller says:

HONESTLY, WHO IS SURPISED THAT WAS BOUND TO HAPPEN

5. Truth Teller says:

I THINK IT’S PLAIN THAT THE ONLY SURPISE IT NEEDS A MORE PA-ZZASSS

6. EntertainmentsFuture says:

Not really impressed.. But because its Rihanna the clothes will most likely fly off the shelves..

7. Jihan says:

oh, a bunch of jeans a t shirts with her face on it? How exciting.

8. Katie says:

I was expecting so much more from Rihanna.

9. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Here goes another singer trying to design….the only person who’s done well is Gwen Stefani for L.A.M.B, now she’s a true designer! What I see is alright…

10. Empress says:

I’m unsure of celebrities and fashion lines..Celebrities have stylists that dress them…I wonder if they really have input when it comes to designing!….Anyways, jeans n tshirts?…That’s it..not impressed!

11. bnasty19 says:

give her a break . Its not even fullyyy her line shes really just the muse . baby steps yall . lol

12. Brandi says:

why would i buy any of that

13. Tam says:

I agree with Shaq Nicole….I think Gwen Stefani has been a celebrity who has really done well and makes nice clothes. I really like Jessica Simpson’s accessories (shoes, handbags, etc).
    But other than that, most just get into it for the money and have no clue about designing clothes.
    Lord knows I’m a Beyonce fan, but they should stop “designing” too. Who even wears it?

14. BOOGIE BEESH says:

she’s not a real fashionista, she has a store bought style! i wasn’t expecting anything but this!

15. Jaida says:

People have to realize that Rihanna has a stylist. I don’t believe for a second that she comes up with any of her looks and I think people would get their hopes for nothing anticipating a clothing line from her. Someone like Kanye, Lauren Conrad, have always had a knack for fashion so I would expect fashionable pieces from them. Rihanna, however is pretty manufactured. Armani probably threw a drawing of her face and her album logo on a few shirts and pants and called that a “collaboration”.

16. sun.kissed says:

This isn’t HER line so she’s not fully to blame for the lack of innovation. Their mostly known for tee’s and jeans so why wouldn’t that be a part of the line? The only thing I’m feeling is the leopard print shirt with her face…

17. Marsha D says:

I hope she doesn’t do a line…can we just bask in her stylish glory without her directing our attention elsewhere.

18. J.Nicole says:

Wouldn’t buy it. Lacks in creativity. BORING!

19. Nia says:

this is exactly why I can’t get with celebrity clothing lines….

20. Crystal says:

This is a collaboration, not her line. I actually hope she doesn’t come out with a line, but since she has fragrances, she might. UGH! It’s just all about the benjamins baby! Why can’t singers just sing? Did Stevie Wonder come out with a line of sunglasses? No! Did Prince endorse jumpsuits and ankle boots? No!

21. EbSoMajor says:

Rihanna starting a fashion line was bound to happen. But those designs are underwhelming and generic. Rihanna is so fashion forward with a unique style. I expected way more!!

22. Mz.D says:

Am sure she has more coming. So far this is okay. lets just give it time.

23. Saliyah says:

you people KILL me!!! The girl is ONLY in her 20′s, what do you expect…Tom Ford??? Gwen Stafani SHOULD have a better line because she has more time to focus on one and because DOESN’T have a music career like Rihanna’s…