November 22nd, 2011
Style Inspiration, Travel, Vacation, What to Wear
Holiday Style Inspiration: Airport Chic

Thanksgiving is approaching, and I’m sure many of you are heading to the airport (if you haven’t already) to fly home for the annual food fest.
I travel a lot and can I just say: while you should be comfortable flying, you don’t have to look sloppy. Pajama pants should be left for the bedroom. You can look chic while exerting very little effort by wearing black skinny jeans, for example, with flat boots and a cute jacket. Lipstick is always a very subtle, yet glamorous touch:

I always carry a little clutch within my tote for going through security–I stash all my jewelry along with my ID in there, so that I don’t have to rummage around for my jewels after screening. Get the look here:

Get a lower priced version of the above outfit with these:

Be further inspired by these chic airport looks:

What’s your go-to airport outfit?

23 Responses to “Holiday Style Inspiration: Airport Chic”

1. Purple says:

“While you should be comfortable flying, you don’t have to look sloppy. Pajama pants should be left for the bedroom.”

Let the church say amen.

2. loverly says:

skinny jeans or leggings with lots of layers: a tank, a tee, a cardigan, and an extra long scarf because I get really cold and I hate airplane blankets. In the winter, flat boots that come off and go on easily; in the summer, pretty ballet flats. the clutch idea is great, I’m gonna do that next time I fly.

3. yusufswifee says:

I adore the Steve Madden boots…I don’t travel that much anymore, but I love these ideas…I also wanted to say for business travel my biggest tip is wearing the same outfit all day…maybe changing shoes/accessories/makeup/hair…business travel is so different than pleasure and you often end up grabbing dinner or drinks with the very people you were meeting with earlier…I’ve found the one outfit per day idea to be a lifesaver…cuts down on stress and baggage…

4. Sharde Monet says:

Ummmmm Kim kardashians airport look is always #WINNING you gotta give it to her *shrugs*

5. Marsha D says:

I like any outfit that I can quickly get in and out of through security.

6. binks says:

this is perfect, I agree wholeheartedly that just because you are flying doesn’t mean you have to look sloppy or that you didn’t put in an effort. Yes, you are flying but you are still in public

7. Liz says:

i love this look. i might even try it outside of the airport…maybe a fabulous shopping day

8. For some reason I LOVE tips on what to wear to the airport. I also feel like I never look chic enough. lol

That first jacket is dope.

9. Dnice says:

I travel a lot and always get better treatment when I am more dressed up than dressed down…also would have to say thigh high boots are not cute when you are pulling them off before security, wear shoes easy to get get on and off. Finally, don’t wear skimpy layers under heavy mid layers, if you have to take the mud layer off you don’t want to give security a show.

10. Dnice says:

Mud layer lol – meant mid layer!

11. BOOM! Yesssssssssssss!!!! How perfect id this post. I already have my little travel outfit planned for tomorrow. Its very similar.

7eventh Letter

12. NikkiBellaRay says:

Thank u muchas Claire! Miami for me on Friday, most def needed the Kimora inspired look!

13. Chris styles says:

Ooo I am luvin that jacket but not the price tag! On the hunt for an affordable similar style jacket! I wouldn’t wear thight hig boots to the airport, it slows down the process at the TSA line. But I agree Kim looks fierce…

14. Claire says:

My go-to airport in the winter is not dissimilar from the looks presented above.
    For winter: jeggings, a long sleeve top, and a jacket. I tend to wear a lot of jewelry, so the clutch in the purse thing works well. Flat boots.
    In the summer, I actually really love jumpsuits! They’re no brainers, and look great under a trench. Flat sandals, tote + pouch inside.
    Just thought I’d add a little more in there. Happy and Safe Travels!
    xoxo

15. Crystal says:

That jacket…holy moly!
    I only wear my j brands while traveling. They feel like pajamas. I layer a (cute) sweatshirt (sweaters can get hot and itchy) and my Frye’s.

16. IBreatheFashion says:

In the winter- J brand skinny’s (black), BCBG suede foldover jacket in either khaki or grey or black, cute thin tank, lots of jewelry, and cute little combat boots. (I’m loving them right now)

In the Summer- skinny’s or jeggings, and Akira flowy tank, my Chanel jelly flats, and lots of jewelry. Of course my aviators in summer and winter!

17. Savage says:

Now in the summer it’s a romper or a sundress w my DKNY wrap. I adore it! It’s so long, warm and dramatic. And I try flying in heels.

Ok but I’m flying from Chicago to Denver for NYE..lol I would love to throw on some leggings and a dope moto jacket but since it may be feet of snow I’m kinda clueless..I guess I have to work around my Northface *sigh

18. I need those boots!!! But don’t wear anything but the clothes, nothing with metal I put all my jewelry in a bag in my purse and put it on while i’m waiting. That jacket is yummy too!

19. Brenda says:

Need Fashion Bomb suggestions for a very long flight, to Australia and New Zealand from Los Angeles.

20. krystel says:

While i love it..customs is no joke …..trust me comfort is key.. when they wanna check your every nook and cranny!!

21. Cherokee says:

Big sun glasses are a must. It really helps with blocking out the glare from the reading lights and sun especially when you are trying to get some sleep.

22. Alexis says:

Funny you displayed flat motorcycle boots and all the celebs had on heels! SMH I LOVE heels, but not to the airport! TOO much walking and lugging!

23. jillibooboo says:

can u find a lower price version of that jacket? (shape and all?) i ADORE IT!