November 18th, 2011
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm

Keri Hilson worked the red carpet at the 2011 Soul Train Awards in an on trend asymmetrical Aqua Cobra Rolled Kimono Sleeve Hi Lo Dress topped off by leopard accented wedge heels:

The self professed pretty girl ditched her typical short cut, opting instead for a long braid:

Cute!

I love the dress and the shoes separately, but am not so sure about them together. I think the look is fine, but not fire!! Still, it’s a definite upgrade from what we’ve seen from Ms. Keri in the past.

What do you think?

See who else was in attendance here:

*If you like Keri’s dress, get it for $197 from ASOS.com:

*Thx to reader C for the scoop

22 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm….: Keri Hilson in Aqua’s Cobra Rolled Kimono Sleeve Hi Lo Dress at the 2011 Soul Train Awards”

1. Damn did nobody give a shit about dressing up for this function?

2. Mrs Windy city says:

Keri Hilson and that anorexic braid…. One more track wld have done wonders.

The shoe does throw the entire look off

3. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Not feeling Keri’s look and make-up at all! smh…and Amber Rose just finally decided to cover up at the wrong time/function!!!! SMH too….the styling game on all these people are way off….

4. Yakini says:

The dress is cool, but i also hate how the braid gets skinny at the end. It looks like a long, creepy rat tail and ruins the whole look.

5. sun.kissed says:

I like the dress, but I wish the hem was slanted in the front. The straight hem makes it look dated. I’d like to get a close up of the shoe, it looks heel-less.

6. BlkRose says:

Ther eis too much going on. Thin brfaided pony tail, the earrings, the shoes, the dress. Whoever her stylist is doesn’t same to understand balance.

7. NunyaBizniz says:

Dress:fail!
    Hair:fail!
    Shoes: I love them but not with that fug dress…

8. Crystal says:

i’m confused on the shoe.

9. MB says:

I think she looks good, i don’t see the problem.

10. Crystal says:

awww the mary mary sister is pregnant. she looks cute! tired, but cute!

11. ladyluo says:

Don’t usually like mullet dresses but I like this one. Don’t care for the shoes though.

12. Loud says:

I have not against Keri but she never gets it right. She need to fire her current stylist and get a new one because she ain’t working! Its a BIG FAT hmmmm!

13. Indigo says:

Y’all better leave Misscantgetright alone. lol Such a pretty girl.

14. Melanie says:

I like the dress, but not the shoes.

15. Kahalia says:

They still do the Soul Train Awards??? That’s nice. But was everyone mistaken? The outfits look like somebody had a birthday at the club. smh…

16. Lisa says:

Can we talk about those Zanotti shoes she’s wearing????? I want a closer look at those! The rest of her outfit is blah.

17. shut up says:

keri make up MUST KNOW

18. .... says:

I like Keri, she has so much in terms of looks,even style, but she’s always a glass half-full? The dress would’ve been bangin with some sky high gold heels (super skinny heel), or gold and lucite, even better. And there is something ALL the way wrong with any grown woman with a braid/plait hanging down from her head for a dressy event or occasion. That’s something for the house. Had she kept the updo,and had the right shoes, she would’ve done the dress justice and the look would have been a hit for that type of event. What’s wrong Keri?

19. FashionBum82 says:

Keri looks absolutely gorgous! Yasssss! about time!

20. My Response says:

give Jack his jacket. Keri looks great

21. AnnBee says:

The model on ASOS.com wears the dress better then Keri. I think its the shoe that makes the look feel immature. Her hair should have been a bit more dramatic. A strong shoe and a high pony tail no bang would have done the trick. I confused about her style in general.

22. Mona L says:

Best I’ve seen her look in a while.