November 17th, 2011
Fashion News
By Jihan

• Of all the collections that showed during Fashion Month, some fool stole Marc Jacobs Spring 2012. Just  in time for press day, a fashion-obsessed thief took all the samples from the collection en route to Paris. The number of old transparent raincoats they’d have to round up to recreate that collection is almost too many to think of. (UK Telegraph)

November 30: Botkier Fall 2011 bags at 60% off. Yes, this is real. (Racked)

Marie Claire claims they heard about the Kardashian divorce the same time we did. According to Fashionista, the interview in their December 2011 issue clearly took place during their union, with Kim saying: “I feel like where [Kris and I are] right now is the best time in my life,” and, “We have a lot of trust, and I don’t think either of us would do anything to break that. It makes life so easy.” Upon learning about the breakup via Twitter and Facebook, the editors immediately went to work, changing the headline and rewriting the entire story. This information does not, however, make that marriage less of a sham to the rest of us. (Fashionista)

Barack Obama is making out with Chinese politician Hu Jintao in a very photoshopped Benetton ad. Hmm, I miss the old ones with all the rainbow people laughing together. (USA Today)

• Here’s a video taking you backstage at Alexander McQueen‘s Spring 2012 runway show. The clothes are stunning, yet I am still fixated on all the cornrows being braided in a show that had exactly 0 black models. (StyleCaster)

~Jihan Forbes

16 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Marc Jacobs Spring Collection Stolen, Barack Obama Smooches Hu Jintao in Benetton’s Newest Ad, and McQueen Spring 2012 Behind-the-Scenes”

1. Mona L says:

Oh no someone at UCOB needs to be mased for that BS.

2. Marthe says:

I didn’t recognize Kim K on that cover at first, but when I did i realise that she’s really beautiful on this picture ,very natural. And I love the Benetton affiche.

3. Kitty B. says:

November 30th is a big pay day for me! You best believe I will be getting me a bag OWWWWW

4. Danielle says:

“The clothes are stunning, yet I am still fixated on all the cornrows being braided in a show that had exactly 0 black models”

LMAO! Love you!

5. Nessa B says:

I’m not much of a Kim K fan, but i must admit that she looks stunning on this cover. She looks very clean. Weird comment, yes i know, but thats the best way i can describe it.

6. sun.kissed says:

Loves that McQueen video, stunning! LOL at the cornrows!

7. Sheba says:

LOL@ cornrows comment! And I agree with you 100% about the Benetton ads. I miss the old ones.

8. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

United Benneton is straight up DISRESPECTFUL!! SMH….Tell me, what are they trying to say/prove?? I’m with you Jihan, what happened to all the rainbow people??

9. Brandi says:

i am totally over kim k but she looks gorgeous on that cover. but i def wish that media in general would let her go she is too much.

and i’m really appalled at that benneton stuff – not cool at all.

10. Well, I loved the backstage look at Alexander McQueen SS12 show. I see it’s more exciting before the show starts because of the madness of getting models ready to walk the runway. Shara Burton is still pulling things together but is it really McQueen without him? I’m fixated about the collection.. its starting to hit where Lee has left off just a bit.

11. Bkbombshell131 says:

Thats some gay shit..the media forces a gay mentality on people.i think its sick…if u wanna be gay more power tobu but dont force it on others.that ad is disgusting.

12. Bkbombshell131 says:

To u*

13. Raven says:

@blkbombshell
    Your comment disgusts me, but each to his/her own.

“If you WANT to be gay”

Smh I didn’t it know it was a choice.

14. Raven says:

Anyway, Kim looks very different on the cover-didn’t recognize her. I think the benneton ad could be a little more creative, but it made me smile. I laughed so hard at the cornrows comment. Ahh it feels good to laugh after such a long week. Thanks Jihan

15. Bkbombshell131 says:

It is a choice…i have nothing against gay people..im just not interested in seeing my president kiss another man.and people can be what they want…and i can state my opinion.

16. katie says:

Wow, really?! Stop it with the gay agenda already.