November 15th, 2011
Andre Leon Talley, Fashion News, Rachel Roy
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Designer Rachel Roy has released a 10-color eyeshadow palette, making her first foray into the beauty world.

You can purchase the palette at her website for $32 bucks. Not a bad price! (Stylelite)

Joseph Altuzarra is the winner of this year’s CFDA/ Vogue Fashion Fund! In addition to a fancy schmantzy swan sculpture designed by Rachel Feinstein, Mr. Altuzarra will receive $300,000 and a mentor for a year! Runners up Pamela Love and Creatures of the Wind will each get $100,000, their own mentors, and egg sculptures to commemorate the occasion. Congratulations to all the winners! (Vogue)

PETA is speaking out against imaginary video game character, Mario of the Super Mario Brothers for wearing imaginary fur in his games. They created a flash game to shame him for his unabashed use of fictional fur. What is the point of this? Don’t they have some dalmatians to put down or something? (Buzzfeed)

• Oscar de la Renta has enlisted the curating expertise or Mr. André Leon Talley for a new exhibition at the Queen Sofía Spanish Institute. The exhibit, entitled Joaquín Sorolla and the Glory of Spanish Dress, will explore regional Spanish history though the clothing of everyday Spaniards. You can expect fabulous pieces like a brocaded silk gown, a selection of matador costumes, and much more. Daphne Guinness has even lent some pieces from her personal collection to the show. The exhibit will run from December 8, 2011 ’til March 10, 2012. This certainly sounds like a must-see! (And the post about it on Fashionista is so well-written!) (Fashionista)

Lady Gaga has fired Laurieann Gibson, her choreographer and creative director. She reportedly severed ties with Ms. Gibson after a series of creative differences, including the theme for the pop star’s music video for “Judas”: “At one point, there was two completely different views and after the third glass of wine, [Laurie] was like, ‘Listen, I don’t want lightning to strike me. I believe in the Gospel and I’m not going there.’” I feel Laurieann on that one! (Jezebel)

~ Jihan

10 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Rachel Roy Does Eyeshadow, Joseph Altuzarra Wins CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund, and the Oscar de la Renta and André Leon Talley Exhibit”

1. Caribbelle says:

I’m going to need a makeup review on that palette. I wonder how well the colors show up. I’ll stick with my BH palette though.

That exhibit at the Queen Sofia Spanish Institute is right up my alley, sounds like it may be relevant to my thesis and I would love to see it!

2. Aurélie says:

Kudos to Laurieann

3. Marsha D says:

Seriously PETA??
    Ok Laurieann I see you…..
    Not to be negative but do we really need MORE designer make up? Eeeevvvvvvv’ry body n their mama has a makeup line.

4. la mala says:

must be a slow time for peta- why get in a tizzy now over a character/feature in a video game that’s been around for decades?

5. Crystal says:

BoomKack!

6. Diva says:

I’mma need Rachel to stop wearing this awful harsh lipstick… it ages her terribly.

7. mY oPINION says:

From what I heard about that video Judas (I would never watch something of that nature), that video is extremely blasphemous.

8. sun.kissed says:

Who’d want to buy make up from Rachel Roy? She always wears clown red lip stick and her eyes look so harsh. Peta, cut it out! Props and a boom boom kack to Laurie Ann for knowing when the envelope is being pushed too far. All of the satanic imagery is enough to make anybody lose their religion. Gaga better get it together and not lose her good thing, they were a perfect team.

9. Danielle says:

I was at the press preview event for Rachel Roy’s eyeshadow palette and reviewed it here: http://www.thestyleandbeautydoctor.com/2011/11/rachel-roy-shadow-collection-swatches-pics-and-review/

10. KlosetLover says:

Is it just me or does everyone see Gaga’s awful legs?

Peta, its a character…