November 11th, 2011
Beauty
Weekend Makeup Idea: Matching Cheek and Lip Color
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Why let the eyes have all the fun when it comes to wearing color? One great way to sport color on the face that looks stunning on every shade of brown is through matching cheek and lip color. Plus, it’s super simple to do. Go easy on the eyes—a neutral shade or just liner and mascara and then go for bold peach, coral, pink, berry, or even red on your cheeks and lips.

Don’t have a matching cheek color on hand for your bold lipstick? Not a problem—just dab a touch of the lipstick on your cheeks, blend out with your fingers or blush brush and set with powder. Your lippie just became a creme blush! Or try a multitasking lip and cheek creme to do the trick.

Quick tip: Just remember to blend your blush so you get more of a flush just like Thandie Newton’s look (above).

Happy weekend makeup-ing!

~Danielle

12 Responses to “Weekend Makeup Idea: Matching Cheek and Lip Color”

1. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Love it! Definitely have to try this!

2. BeBe Jones says:

Danielle, GREAT JOB!!! I always do this trend because I love color on lips and checks!!!

3. Caribbelle says:

I love doing this, Bobbi Brown makes a Pot Rouge for cheeks and lips and it makes the process so much easier. Especially on the days when I don’t really want to wear makeup but want to look polished.

4. Brandi says:

I’m so glad that color on lips is making a comeback. Also the Black Radiance Artisan blushes are GREAT! I’ve had both colors for a while & I love them as much as my MAC blushes.

5. Joy Adaeze says:

I am a huge fan of this trend since I love wearing blush and lipstick! My fav blush is “Crazed” by NARS (very pretty pinky-purple color). I love pairing this with my one of my trademark lipcolors: “Up The Amp” by MAC. You can see more of my favorite makeup looks on my style blog: joylovesfashion.com!

Great job Danielle!

-Joy Adaeze

6. Dee says:

Def gonna try it!!!

7. woohhoohoo says:

danielle, i’m loving your posts!

*print-hole punch-click into map*

helluurrr life saver!

8. Danielle says:

Thanks, everyone! Have fun this weekend :)

9. Sassncurlz says:

Nice! I love all the looks shown here, makes me want to dab on a bit of blush :o)

10. beauty loft says:

Love the peachy/coral look at the top!

11. TJ says:

All of these women look beautiful!

12. Marsha D says:

WOW! All are serving up FACE! Love this!