November 10th, 2011
Celebrity Style, Who Wore it Better
Who Wore it Better? Joan Smalls vs. Zoe Saldana in Balmain Resort 2012

Supermodel Joan Smalls attended the Victoria’s Secret afterparty at Dream Downtown in New York in the same richly detailed Balmain Resort 2012 minidress Zoe Saldana wore back in April to the Miami premiere of her movie Colombiana:

Both beauties offered their own iteration of the runway look, Joan rocking hers sans belt with simple silver accents and Zoe creatively adding a white train and strappy black heels.

This one’s a toughie. Though I’m not a huge fan of Zoe’s white train, I definitely think she triumphed in the accessories department. Joan looks lovely (and fills out the dress more), but it’s hard to ignore her toes grazing the pink carpet. If she’d gone one shoe size up, she’d take the cake.
What do you think?

23 Responses to “Who Wore it Better? Joan Smalls vs. Zoe Saldana in Balmain Resort 2012”

1. Eclechick says:

You’re right Claire, this is a tough one. I can’t decide, both ladies look gorgeous and added their own little pizzazz to the lovely Balmain piece. Can I vote for both? :)

2. EntertainmentsFuture says:

I think Joan ore it better….

3. Crystal says:

There is nothing tough about this decision, Joan won by a mile. Zoe with that awful train and those black shoes? Seriously?

4. Erica B. says:

Joan all the way. I hate the train on Zoe’s dress.

5. Indigo says:

Joan got this one! Zoe messed it up with the train…

6. sun.kissed says:

They both look good in the dress, but I don’t like Joan’s hair or accessories, lol at her toes grazing the pink carpet. I also don’t like Zoe’s train and the black shoes. Neither, both of them wore it, no one wore it better.

7. dyshaun says:

Sorry still with Zoe… its Balmain people!!! Luxury with THE edge!

Joan could be wearing a cocktail dress from any line , what with all the sequined iterations weve seen…but Zoe’s look TELLS me there is more.. It was her premiere and she said: LOOK AT ME NOW!

8. Elin says:

Joan! Didn’t like the train either.

9. Chris styles says:

Toughie!? R u minding me? Joan (whoever she is) rocked it essay better than Zoe! Toes scrapping the ground and all (even though I didn’t even peep that til u pointed it out, lmao). That white train is dreadful.

10. Chris styles says:

*kidding me

11. Kahalia says:

I Think Joan’s HAIR is getting in the way of the dress. Zoe did right by having hers pulled back-it really showcases the dress. MORE HAIR isn’t always better!

12. Really?!? says:

Beautiful Latinas! I say both, been a fan of Zoë since day one and Joan is the new Liya Kebede, so I say both.

13. Tifani says:

Joan Smalls san her toe’s kissing the carpet! I hate the train that Zoe Saldana added to the dress!!!!!!!!!

14. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

They both look cute but I love the fit on Joan better and Zoe’s makeup…

15. I’m struggling to see how Joan “filled it out” more than Zoe.
    Back on subject: Joan.

16. They are a tie. Almost could pass them for sisters

17. fashionislife~ says:

I agree with everyone else, it is toughie, called it a tie, but the white train is distracting..Lol, good call on the suicidal toes!!

18. Madpet says:

I’m trying to find out why the decision is so tough. Zoe looks ridiculous with that darn train and black caged shoes. I went thith Joan Smalls.

19. aries says:

zoe is usually hard to beat. but she got beat by a long way on this. less is more with this dress.

20. krystel says:

hmmm they look like the same person..had to do a double take at first.

21. Nneka says:

I agree with Kelseebriana, they look very similar in this dress although due to my hate of the mullet dress would have to give it to Joan

22. SnapSnap says:

i like the model, the dress with the belt is hot

the model…lol