November 10th, 2011
Fashion News, Nicki Minaj
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Facials are supposed to be relaxing, but not if you’re Nicki Minaj. Celebrity facialist Dawn DaLuise says: “After I waxed her eyebrows and lip, she started screaming ‘Who the f*ck do you think you are?’ Dawn told Star. Nicki continued, ”Look at what you did to my damn face! You think this sh*t is worth 170 dollars?” I don’t know, Nicki, do you think a chicken wing necklace is worth 100 dollars? (Hello Beautiful)

Lady Gaga is taking over Barney’s this holiday season with Gaga’s Workshop,  a Gaga pop up shop of sorts filled with items specially curated by the Lady like chocolate skulls, clothes, makeup, and much more. The front of the store will be decorated to look like the gaping maw of Gaga, certainly an inviting site to see when you just want to pick up a few stocking stuffers before the holiday shopping season gets too crazy. The transformation starts in T minus 11 days. (The Cut)

• If you’re into LYRALOVESTAR’s crystal specked celestial pieces, you can now purchase them at jewelry one-stop shop, Max & Chloe. Shop here for your holiday gifts.

• In addition to barely necessary $36,000 crocodile backpacks, Olsen Twin line The Row is teaming up with jewelry designer Ileana Makri selling $4,000 14-karat white gold anklets. Before you roll your eyes at the exorbitant price (and think of how tight a millionaire might be to find out the hood jeweler will give you the same thing for no more than $150), know the anklets are embellished with diamonds, sapphires, and other precious stones. (Stylite)

• Here’s a look at Forever 21‘s offerings for spring, which admittedly, are kind of cute. (Racked)

• Let Jason Wu furnish your kitchens and bathrooms with his new line of hardware. The designer has teamed up with faucet brand Brizo to create a line of necessities for your bathroom including a wastebasket, soap dish, and drawer knobs. (WWD)

~Jihan

23 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Nicki Minaj’s Facial Freakout, LYRALOVESTAR Now at Max & Chloe, and Jason Wu Designs for Your Bathroom”

1. fly won says:

i don’t understand teh hype about Lyra Lovestar. It looks so basic and cheap to me, but PROPS to Crystal!

2. Amarie says:

wtf Nicki?

3. Marsha D says:

Question..who the F does Nicki think she is?? hollering at people…and what else did she have done? cause I mighta went fool too if you only waxed my brow, and lip and told me a hunid n semty dollas!
    I hope that prop is not there when I go to Barneys cause it might get knocked over…..
    Is it just me or do the Olsen twins always look wide-eyed andcoked-out….*sigh* and $36,000 for a croc back pack??…he betta still be alive…..
    btw LUV U JIHAN!!

4. Alicia Nicole says:

I’m a fan of lyralovestar bc of seeing all that went into making the line. . Mary kate and Ashely however can go to hell. That bookbag could put someone through school,and as far as that anklet they really need to get over them selves.

5. latanya says:

$36K is an education….ridiculous!

I appreciate any legit hustle but that foolery Nicki calls style is an insult to fashion…which I love mind you.

6. amber says:

thats not cute , thos aint nothin but exagerated pajamas

7. Mads says:

@Marsha D – I love everything you said!! luv it!

8. zimbabwechic says:

Nicki Minaj, ghetto is as ghetto does.

9. harlemlonestar says:

I’ve had a wax where I wanted to cuss someone out…lol

10. sun.kissed says:

Ok, was Nicki not satisfied with her eyebrows or was she just spazing out? I’d be damned if I paid that much for a waxing and it came out looking crazy.

11. Madpet says:

I’ve had plenty of those Nicki Minaj experiences, whereas I didn’t get the bang for my buck. But I never cussed nor disrespected anyone. I would politely tell them I wasn’t feeling the shit, walk away, and never return. She should be used to over paying for those type of services. I’m pretty sure her mani/pedi was $200, where as she could’ve went to the hood and got it done for $40. After all, she is Nicki Minaj.

12. dyshaun says:

Wait a minute…all that money and she havent had lasers on them lip hairs???? Gucci too cheap for her remember…? *rolls eyes*

13. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

$170 for lip and brow? Gwarlll…my Indian friend coulda threaded both for $30, and you can’t tell me she aint da ish! If my brows had come out lookin foolish, I probably woulda went off too!

14. jeri says:

laser dont work on dark skin dyshaun..

15. Crystal says:

I’m confused at the Nicki story…i’m sure she knew the charges before she received the services so did she not like the results?

Celebrities spend ridiculous amounts of money on all kinds of stupid stuff so what’s the issue now? The Olsen twins don’t have that here-today-gone-tomorrow money though…they got that real ish.

16. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

You’re hilarious Jihan. I’m saying…really Nicki?? Please tell me the wax is made out of gold…. ??

17. dyshaun says:

@Jeri, Im sorry but lasers work can work for our facial hair as well… you have to find the right one for your skin tone, but yes, they work.

Im plenty darker than Nikki! Experienced doc and the right laser will get it done. And I’m a hairy chick! Some hairs were a pain (literally!) but overall, I have tremendous hair reduction and no lip fuzz!

18. Nicki, do you think a chicken wing necklace is worth 100 dollars

^^^^

-____- Yeah she needs to calm down, she is on a DIVA trip Somebody in her camp needs to bring her down to reality! She could get a bang up job done for 10 bucks at the damn mall with those threading stands! Best 10 bucks I’ve ever spent!

19. addikted2fashion says:

*mental light bulb turns on* nicki’s head is huge now. thats why she wears all those big wigs. it all makes sense.
    -i wonder which one of her many voices she used to say this to that person………

the olsen twins need to be reminded that not everybody has the kinda change they have to drop on a ankle bracelet. What about doing The Row for Target? Drop a couple zeros off that price and then we can talk.

20. Nicki Minaj looks absolutely cute in that outfit. It maybe over rated but she manage to carry that pretty rad dress.

21. katie says:

I’ve been saying this for a while. I honesty think Minaj is on drugs. If you don’t like the service tell them you didn’t ask for this and refuse to pay. If she hated it why did she pay? At least that article said she did on a another site which posted the entire article.

22. Neya says:

it looks like a pinata threw up on her

23. Neya says:

She Looks Like She’s Goin Trick Or Treating. A HoT Mess!