November 10th, 2011
Fashion Bombshell of the Day, Plus Sized
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Noel from Houston

Today’s Bombshell is curvy cutie Noel from Houston, Texas:

She says, “I am obsessed with all things fashion.”

” I would say my style is a mixture of glam and vintage.”

“… I love to play with fashion and to accentuate my curves.”

” I tend to lean towards pieces that aren’t meant for the typical “plus size” girl to wear.”

” I don’t follow the rules, but I also don’t go overboard.”

” I know my body and I know what works for me!!! I am also a makeup artist for MAC, so I love to mix fashion and makeup.”

“… I am a fashion student as well as a stylist who is working on developing a clothing line.”

“I have a blog called www.leglamprincessofcurves.blogspot.com. It’s all about curvaceous women and how to style yourself based upon your curves.”

Pretty! You have a great shoe game. And I love your pops of leopard!

What do you think of Noel?

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature showcasing the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and 2-6 picture(s) to thefashionbomb@gmail.com. Images submitted may be featured on Facebook or Twitter. Comments can be harsh, so bring your A game!

101 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Noel from Houston”

1. GNV says:

Your style is nice….but I am more pleased with your confidence. You don’t hide you are even if some people want you too.

2. yusufswifee says:

yummy – I like! And I see you rocking that Micheal Kors bag…have had my eye on it for quite a while. It is clear that you are a lady who loves yourself and life and not afraid to dress/live fearlessly…

3. Marsha D says:

So, so…but kudos for confidence :-)

4. Christina says:

This girl is beautiful! Absolutely adore her style :)

5. Omg! says:

Make up artist. Has a very bad attitude for some unknown reason?!! Tre she doesn’t hide anything, you should see what she wears for Halloween

6. Miss Understood says:

Nice shoe game!

7. Savage says:

U kno what????? I like!! I do! Her personality come across in her fits. She takes trends that are out but makes them her own. She’s wearing the clothes, they don’t wear her..Just take those glasses off honey..

8. sun.kissed says:

Hmm. I’m on the fence about this. I love the look with the leopard dress/sequin skrit/bow tie and a few of the other looks. However, I don’t think the tight pants and leggings are flattering. It takes away from the look, longer skirts and skirts with tights suit you best.

9. LawyerChic says:

I love her use of color and love the shoes. Would love to know where the leopard mary jane is from. It reminds me of a show Michael Kors has out now.
    I would love to see you w/a toned down hair color. I think this shade of blonde takes away from your beautiful face. I think a less straight pant would like awesome on her also.

10. zimbabwechic says:

Wow I feel like I should hate this but I love it! Maybe like everybody said it’s the confidence and that smile of yours doesn’t hurt either.

11. I like mostly all of your fits but when you take pics be mindful to show every angle and judging from these pics I see that you favor your left side. I would love to see the front of some of your outfits chick!!!

12. LocalCeleb says:

My left side is my best side too :) love the confidence

13. Nicole says:

She has a lot of trendy pieces. Cute girl tho. I would’ve liked to see a straight on photo…why are all her shots are from the side?

14. AD says:

loving the shoes!

15. Melissa says:

no ma’am to the jean leggings. other pieces are… nice.

16. t says:

i love the shoes and i think her clothes fit well, they accentuate her curves properly

17. t says:

also you body is great you are so curvy without the big gut i love it…it amazes me!

18. NikkiBellaRay says:

She has great confidence, makes it hard not to admire her style.

19. Loni says:

Im not feeling her look. It’s very OOTD via every Youtube channel ever.

20. GlamourFanatic says:

Love it! Great confidence, it shines through in your pics. And love the pops of color and leopard.

21. Cherrie says:

She is fabulous!! Her shoe game is on point! Love her style!

22. Nicole says:

Jessica Simspson freak I see!…Me likey!…Werk it honey, my fav was the blue jean number

23. Lyn says:

Gorgeous lady! Love her hair, makeup and confidence. But since Fashion Bombshell isn’t only focused on that (if it were she would get an A+), I would have to say, your curves are beautiful but you need to get more form fitting clothes. This does not mean you have to dress in those sometimes boring plus size clothing. Just looser pants than a skinny fit.

24. Lainea says:

Houston ladies love that blonde hair, don’t they?

25. Kaylan says:

SHE’S WORKIN’ EACH AND EVERY LOOK… AS A CURVY GIRL MYSELF…I HAVE AND WOULD WEAR EVERY LOOK SHE HAS DISPLAYED…. I LOVE IT… ##CURVY & CONFIDENT!!! #DOUBLETROUBLE

26. COTN says:

Great all around, the looks are trendy and work for her. Makeup-Hair-Shoes..Yes!

27. rayrayyy says:

really?

28. LawyerChic says:

I tried to comment earlier let’s see if it works now!

29. hehe says:

meh. I’m not really a fan. I hate the jeggings. Also that leopard skirt is really short and those pink strappy shoes cut of the your legs.

30. Mrs Windy city says:

shoes game is proper! Her smile is awesome!

31. Britt says:

Iove her style and confidence..but amazes me that people are on here saying you should stick to longer skirts and tights fits best for her, how are you going tell somebody what best fits them.. People are so Harsh!!!

32. LivvyV says:

I loving her confidence, but not feeling most of the outfits. The fits are not all flattering. I don’t like jeggings for one, but thin jeggings on curvy girls don’t do us justice. I think she trying to be really trendy which doesn’t help her pick her pick clothes that showcase her body and best of light. She a beautiful girl, but some of the outfits don’t do much for her.

33. BlkRose says:

Very pretty face and decent weave game. However you are very bottom heavy, almost very awkwardly bottom heavy. It’s like youre a size 12 on top and a 18 on the bottom. It has been proven time and time again that ankle straps do not look on women who have heavy legs, it gives them this log leg look . All of your skirts should cover your knees because your legs are very heavy. Invest in some under garments for your bottom areas that can smooth out the lumps and bumps. You have trendy pieces, and yes it would help to drop a good 20 to 30 pounds so that your bottom would match the top half of your body. Very pretty face.

34. alecea says:

LOVE her!!! that denim on denim is hard to pull of and you did it so well!!! love ur style!

35. alecea says:

LOVE her!!! that denim on denim is hard to pull off and you did it so well!!! love ur style!

36. MMM says:

The blond hair subtracts from her fashion style. I like the clothes but the hair color is no bueno.

37. African Mami says:

No ma’m!

38. Starla says:

I did not like all the looks, but I think the majority of the time she looks darn good for a woman her size. I am sure she will be an inspiration for bigger girls who do not think they can have a fly style.

I will agree that because she is so bottom heavy jeggings are not her friend. Tailored trousers would be better suited to this body type. Otherwise, pretty woman with a very cool style. Keep it up!

39. Miss Moon says:

I love that leopard top! Wanna wanna wanna!!! :)

40. AmazinRee says:

WERK MAMA!!! Confidence is everything…cute style!

41. star says:

i agree with BIKROSE 100% preety lady. Girlfriend claims she knows her body and what works. i beg to differ, No Maam. For a stylist i am disappointed that she doesnt know her ABC of fashion. When you are bottom heavy A line skirts work better because they bring balance to the body and not emphasize on the heaviest part of your body. Legging , jeggings on bottom heavy girls do not work. Only a few women can carry off this trend, if the gym is not your friend dont bother putting them on unless if your shirt is long enough to cover your thighs and bums. So some outfit pieces were cute the tight unflattering bottoms took the wow out of this. girl invest in some quality pants. trust me stay away from these tights pants and skirts below the knees. cute girl though.

42. 44lefty says:

Damn she is beautiful !!!!!! Style and swag is most def on point. Just 1 day of being featured is not enough…she deserves the whole week!!!!! My fav look is with the pink blazer. Houston stand up!!!

43. Janay says:

Very nice and i actually like the jeggings on you,i think it shows off your figure well.

44. littlemisslondon says:

please invest in “spanx” or “shapers” for the lower half of your body. Invest in “A” line skirts because they will cover your thick ankles and legs. You have a flat stomach so you can still wear really pretty tops. Leggings are not your bestfriend unless they are black and can slim down your legs. If you don’t listen to anything I just said, just invest in a couple of good spanx please.

45. Saksfifthcandy says:

She reminds me of a stripper. NO THANK YOU!

46. Raven says:

I like but outfits need better fit. Blkrose’s comment was a little harsh but has a little truth in it.

47. GIRL I DON’T KNOW IF IT’S YOUR FLYNESS OR THAT BAGGING BODY!! NO HOMO!

48. Grace says:

I love how everyone describes overweight women with the audacity to wear tight clothing that accentuates all negative aspects of their bodies as “confident”. The blonde hair is awful and PLEASE burn those jeggings!