November 10th, 2011
Ethnic Models, Fashion Bomb 101, Fashion Bomb Exclusive, Fashion News
Fashion Bomb 101: What to Wear to a Runway Casting Call

Dominique says, “I have a model casting call coming up. I’m not quite sure what to wear! I want a look that will make me stand out (from hair to a nice runway pump), but I’m clueless. Help!”
I wasn’t sure, so I tapped model Sessilee Lopez to answer your question!

She said, “I think a model should be very natural! You don’t have to try hard with your personal style and you don’t want to wear anything that will distract from your natural beauty. So I’d recommend wearing jeans and a t shirt with a nice heel and bag.”

She continues, “I would say a big no no is coming looking like you were just partying…so no dirty hair or chipped nails.”

In conclusion, she says, “Keep your make up very light or no make up at all. Clients want to see you and not what you think looks good on you.”

Hope that was helpful! And if you guys have anything to add, leave a comment.
Good luck, Dominique!
*Be sure to follow Sessilee on Twitter @TheRealSessilee and check out her food blog, www.thebestbysess.com.
Pictures credits: Streetpeeper.com, Stockholm Street Style & Sartorialist

12 Responses to “Fashion Bomb 101: What to Wear to a Runway Casting Call”

1. MIssRich says:

very informative!!

2. jasmine says:

i like the fit with the all black leather jacket, the basic pants and shirt! <3's it all day!!

3. lex says:

Hey could u ask her if girls with alopecia have a chance at modeling?

4. Indigo says:

Can you have one done for men going on a open call. I know they like it plan and simple. But it would be nice to see how men do it too…

5. jeri says:

hi lex..naomi is still modelling..

but i dont know if thats because hot russian has her wigs paid and combed

make sure you have a nice wig!

6. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

I was just about to say that Jeri! Yes, Naomi is still modeling. I don’t think and I hope not that the modeling industry is bias towards someone having Alopecia. That would be ridiculous! I think your personality and natural beauty is enough to get though. But you never know…

7. sun.kissed says:

Loves that Sisselee answered your questions.

8. Indigo says:

@ Shaq I wish I could say they weren’t bias.. IDK if I can compare BET to the grand scale of modeling. Two years ago, I’ll never forget this, I was watching BET Rip the Runway behind the scene;and there was this beautiful girl,she looked better than any of the other girls,but she had Alopecia. They exploited this young lady, and then cut her from group of models. They did an expose on her,then once she took off her wig,they degraded her. I am still feeling a way about this, that’s way I don’t watch Rip the Runway anymore. I don’t know if it was just an EPT thing or that’s how they think in general. But like the sister stated above, Noami is still modeling. Great luck to you.

9. Indigo says:

Sorry… Great Luck to you Lex.

10. Jackie says:

Totally agree! I’ve always heard this…t-shirt, dark denim, black leather pump, minimal makeup and pulled back hair :)

11. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

@ Indigo: Wow…what a shame….smh

12. Desi says:

Does that child smoke cigarettes? Her lips are way too dark it seems! And after following her on twitter she turns me off! She is not as hot as she wants us to believe!

I had to get that off of my chest lol carry on!