/* analytics code */
• While poor Adriana Lima is sucking down powdered egg protein shakes to get fit for tonight’s Victoria’s Secret fashion show, Chanel Iman is busy putting on 15 pounds for the event: “I’m always the opposite of everything. I drink a lot of protein shakes and do a lot of weight lifting.” The most fun comes the day before the big show: “I have a big potluck at my house. All my friends bring over food and we barbecue and party it up!” As if we needed something else to envy Ms. Iman for. (Modelina)
• Marc Jacobs is absolutely beside himself about his portrayal on a recent episode of South Park. “I am the Muscle Man Marc doll on South Park, and I joined the very great ranks of being one of Cartman’s toys — although I get boiled to death at the end of the episode. Honestly, without hesitation, it is the greatest honor, I mean, way above and beyond the lifetime achievement award, beyond anything. It’s like, to be immortalized on South Park, I can die a happy man. That’ll be my next tattoo, the Muscle Man Marc from South Park.” More of an honor than his CFDA Lifetime Achievement Award? Marc Jacobs loves him some South Park! I can’t wait to see the tat! (The Cut)
• In what is hands down the best news of the day, British sitcom Absolutely Fabulous co-star and co-creator Jennifer Saunders announced that she is writing an AbFab movie! She will start writing once she is finished with Viva Forever, the Spice Girls musical. Okay wait. AbFab Movie. Spice Girls musical. Am I alive, or is this heaven? (Deadline)
• It’s obvious that fashion is changing, and the world of haute couture will not be left out. ModeWalk, a website launching next month, is offering an array of haute couture pieces available for purchase with a click. The web site also allows shoppers to schedule appointments at Parisian ateliers. So if you’ve got a couple thousand dollars lying about, and nothing to do with it, you can buy a couture dress online. Or, you can just send it to me via PayPal. Either option is fine. (Vogue)
• Vena Cava and DANNIJO are teaming up for an epic sample sale next week. Catch the major discounts at 457 Broome Street #2F on November 17th and 18th from 9am to 6pm and November 19th from 11am to 5pm.
• Fab dress one stop shop Black Halo has a revamped e-store. Get your shop on here.
• Are you plus sized and fabulous? Check out the Curvy Fashionista’s new Ebook, aptly titled, “Curvy, Confident, and Chic.” The ebook introduces women to the ins-and-outs of plus size fashion and covers everything from breaking out of fashion stigmas, do’s for plus sized women, designers you should know, and of course, how to pick the perfect pair of jeans. Get yours for $6.99 here.