November 4th, 2011
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Paula Patton poses fresh faced for her new ads as spokes model for CoverGirl’s Queen Collection. Win a chance to meet her by signing up at MyCoverGirl on Facebook and leaving a comment on how CoverGirl can unleash your inner beauty. (Beauty is Diverse)

Madonna wants to sell you more clothes. With the success of her junior’s line, Material Girl, the songstress is launching a collection in 2012 for women 27-50 exclusively at Macy’s. Truth or Dare will debut with a fragrance, followed by handbags, intimates, footwear, and eventually apparel. Think you’d wear her stuff, or are you already over celebrity clothing lines? (Fashionista)

Marc Jacobs makes a cameo as “Muscle Man Mark,” one of Eric Cartman‘s stuffed toys on a recent episode of South Park. Hilarious. (TheCut)

Rebecca Minkoff has teamed up with ebay for eMinkoff, a capsule collection of accessories for your high tech-effects. Price points range from $28 to $220 for studded iphone and ipad cases. The collection will be available starting November 14, so if your ipad is looking a little naked, here’s an opportunity to give it a chic upgrade. (Stylefile)

• Get-it-for-cheap outlet Filene’s Basement is closing after a century of operation. The $236 million dollar company plans to use the holiday season to liquidate the business. To look on the bright side, I smell an Everything-Must-Go sale in our futures! (Bloomberg)

• Watch Dita Von Teese, Diane Von Furstenberg, and others stick their heads through holes to shoot Christian Louboutin‘s retrospective coffee table book, Les 20 Ans, celebrating 20 years of beautiful shoes I wish I could afford right now. (StyleCaster)

~Jihan

13 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Paula Patton for CoverGirl, Filene’s Basement is Closing, and Behind The Scenes of Christian Louboutin’s “20 Ans””

1. Subi I says:

Alas, the Filenes in my neighbourhood as been in “everything must go” mode for a while – however the store is a complete mess. Mayhap stores in the city (as opposed to our urban location) will be better organized and less messy. Good luck!

2. Dee says:

So sad about Filenes. Extremely interested in the Ebay/Rebecca Minkoff collaboration. I love her stuff. Love the video,hope I find CLs book under the Christmas tree this year lol

3. sun.kissed says:

Not feeling Paula as a cover girl model. I think they could have went with a better photo. I can’t remember the last time I purchased something from Filene’s basement that wasn’t returned before the 60 day limit…

4. Grammar Police says:

@sunkissed Please note “could have went” is not correct in the English language. Could have GONE is the proper usage. Just saying!

5. Dobe says:

LOL @ Grammar Police!
    I haven’t stopped by Filene’s in years. I’m sure I haven’t been missing out on much, though.

6. katie says:

I hate the grammar police. People, it’s a comments section not a thesis paper. Anyway, no to Paula Patton.

7. love says:

Big yes to Paula as a cover girl. Big no to the promo shot. I blame CG for that boring photo.

8. coldplayer says:

lmao @ grammar police! fckin really?

9. sun.kissed says:

@Grammar Police, have a seat!

10. Brenda says:

I live in LA, and love Filene’s Basement. I need to travel somewhere near a store, preferably Boston or NYC before it’s all over. I will definitely miss shopping there.

11. Madpet says:

I couldve sworn they closed before.

12. Kimmoy says:

That photo shoot was fun, loved the shots. Hmmm I wonder if the Filene’s Basement here in DC is worth a shot? A gurl needs to build her professional wardrobe.

13. Aleet says:

Nooooo! Filene’s Basement no-o-o :’(””