• First Lady Michelle Obama was recently spotted wearing an ASOS knockoff of a DVF Fall 2011 dress. While us commoners wear knockoffs all the time, I wonder: is it okay for people in the public eye to wear them too? If you want a bit of MObama’s style, you can buy the ASOS dress for $72. Or, if you have more expensive blood, the DVF version is available for $498. (Styleite)
• nOir Jewelry, favorite of celebrities like Rihanna and Nicki Minaj, is having a sample sale! From Wednesday, November 9- Friday, November 11 Get up to 75% off select pieces. I’ve been to their sales, and trust me, they’re amazing. A girl can really clean up in there! They’re located at 350 w. 38th Street. 5th Floor (Between 8th and 9th Ave.) (nOir Jewelry Twitter)
• New York City Mayor-for-life Mike Bloomberg wants to build a complex at the city’s Hudson Yards that he hopes will one day house Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. This proposed “Culture Shed” will aptly contain the madness that is Fashion Week, keeping all the crazy fashionistas on the far side of Manhattan where nobody wants to go. “Fashion week has grown so much. It’s outgrown Lincoln Center already … We need to make sure that we have the venues for these kinds of events and the Cultural Shed is one of those buildings.” (The Cut)
• Roberto Cavalli is 70 years old, and has no intention of slowing his roll: “‘I’m young. I have another 50 years of life,’ he said before going on to perform a mathematical equation and estimating that he will have sex another 15,000 times before his demise.” We’ll file that one under things I definitely wanted to know! (Fashionista)
• Want some blingin’, blangin’ Dr. Martens boots? The punk rocker favorite brand has teamed up with Swarovski this holiday season to create a capsule collection of bedazzled shoes, which will serve as great reflectors for cars to see you once it starts getting dark at 4:00 pm.
• Go behind the scenes of V Magazine #74′s colorful cover shoot with Terry Richardson. (Beauty is Diverse)