October 28th, 2011
Celebrity Style, Mail Bombs, Shopping

I’m in Atlanta, wishing my mom a very Happy Birthday!
Lots of family are in town and I have tons of errands to run, so let’s get these Mail Bombs crackin!
Ri says, ” I saw this pic of Teyana Taylor at The Dream Hotel and I’m looking for something like this dress to wear to a job staff party. “

“I particularly love the long sleeves and high slit.”
You and I both! Lord knows I love a high slit. We found options for you ranging from $45-1,011. Check it out here:

Krish says, “I’ve been dying to find out which sunnies Trey was wearing in J Cole’s Can’t Get Enough Vid.”

It’s hard to tell, though he just might be wearing these $104 Carrera shiny black ‘Endurance’ aviator sunglasses:

If those don’t work, black aviators aren’t at all hard to find. Get the look with these:

Next up, Juanie says, “You gave info on Kim’s hat and vest but no info on her boots.”

“… Please give me info on the boots. Please also offer options for less because knowing Kim they may be out of my budget.”
Your feeling that Kim’s boots would be out of budget? Spot on. She had dinner with her hubby in these $1,109 Valentino Rockstud Otk Suede Boots:

Get them here or get a similar look with these options:

Krystal says, “I am looking for this purple dress Jill Marie Jones wore at the NAACP Theatre Awards.”

” Thanks for your time.”
It looks like Jill is wearing Catherine Malandrino, though I couldn’t find the exact dress. Get her look with these options:

Bernadette writes, “I LOVE the glasses and scarf that Kelis is wearing.”

“Would you happen to know where I could find these pieces?”
Check and check! Kelis uplifted a two-toned hairstyle with these $230 Grey Ant Status Sunglasses in Smoke (Beyonce & Rihanna like them in black):

And this $220 Sonia By Sonia Rykiel Leopard Print Shawl:

Get the shawl here and the sunnies here.

Lastly Tenisha says, “I have no idea what to wear with these boots…”

“Help please!!!”
Those are super casual. I’d say rock ‘em with a pair of jeans and a simple cream sweater so the boots can shine. Take Ciara’s look to inspire your own:

I also think you could get away with a ‘lumberjack’ inspired look; a twist on Rihanna’s outfit below:

Instead of slipping on a fur vest, let the boots be the fur in your outfit. Simply rock a plaid shirt and dark jeans:

That does it for today!
Hope you enjoyed. Tonight I’m either hanging with my mom…or going to see the Watch the Throne concert. Decisions, decisions…I’m sure I’ll make the right one.
Hope y’all have fabu weekends!
Smootches!

14 Responses to “Mail Bombs: Teyana Taylor’s High Slit Black Dress Look, Trey Songz’s J.Cole Video Sunglasses, Kelis’s Sonia By Sonia Rykiel Leopard Print Shawl, and Kim Kardashian’s Valentino Rockstud Otk Suede Boots!”

1. MIssRich says:

I love the Teyana’s dress for a business event, be mindful of the shoe.

The lumberjack shirt is a great choice for the shoes like that, or a simple sweater dress w/a snood and tights can go great as well.

Nice post claire!

2. Cee Lo says:

Kelis looks so fresh faced! I also loving the streak in her hair

3. Dobe says:

What has been going on with Jill Marie Jones’ shoes lately? Unacceptable, lol.

4. A true fan of the site says:

Please please please find another adjective! Every celebrity outfit has been “uplifted” by some accessory or another. There are so many descriptive words for fashion, why stagnate your writing and the quality of the site? Boost, enlighten, liven up, elevate, compliment…

5. Sasha says:

I love love love Teyana’s dress! I was just thinking yesterday that I hope those are in next spring for all the maxi-dresses!

6. Claire says:

@A true fan of the site Thanks for your impassioned comment. Writing & editing 6-8 posts a day can certainly sap creativity. I do my best. x

7. Thanks doll for the info on the Valentino Boot I wouldn’t have guess it. Yes the Grey Ant are everything! I have them in smoke, you can also find them on Boutiquetoyou .

8. lee says:

*blank stare* @A true fan of the site

9. Sassncurlz says:

Love Teyana’s dress! Oh and Happy Birthday to your mom we share the same bday :o)

10. Denise T says:

The dress that Teyana is wearing from TopShop. It’s currently not available on the website (it has an opening in the back). She bought it in the Soho, NY store (it’s still available on the first floor).

11. jillibooboo says:

@a true fan of the site: get a life.

12. Grace says:

Teyana’s hair and makeup look absurd/clownish.

13. Tajah M. Cotton says:

Kellis is a breathe of fresh air(:

14. Afrikka! says:

i love kelis but it hurts my lil ol heart that shes rocking a wiz….