October 27th, 2011
Celebrity Style, Hats, Shopping, Trend, Winter Wardrobe
Try a Fall 2011 Trend: Wide Brimmed Fedoras

Rihanna was spied in Paris, France wearing a Givenchy Antigona bag and a $150 Rag & Bone Robinson Hat:

Autumn is the perfect time to experiment with hats. In addition to their stylish proclivities, they conceal bad hair days (win, win!). Designers like Gucci, Christian Dior, and Milly all showcased floppy hats on Fall 2011 runways:

Gucci Fall 2011

Christian Dior Fall 2011

A few celebs have tried the trend thus far:

Mary J Blige worked it onstage for Black Girls Rock! 2011 in a black wool number.

Kim Kardashian was spied leaving Izakaya Restaurant with husband Kris Humphries in a Jahaanara Gilet Lamb Fur Vest and a $150 Rag & Bone Floppy Brim Fedora.

And Zoe Saldana slipped on a brown fedora to accent a Lanvin jacket on a casual day.
I’m definitely down for trying a black or gray version!
If you want to try, get the look here:

What do you think?

28 Responses to “Try a Fall 2011 Trend: Wide Brimmed Fedoras”

Kim definatly looks the best with it, with my dreadlockhead no hat looks good on me, but I quite like the look on some women.

2. Purple says:

I love, love, this trend, but I have a big head and have yet to find a hat that fits my massive dome.
    Big headed women please chime in.

3. Jennifer says:

Love hats and especially fedoras and newsboy caps. Usually Kim K is on point but this outfit is hideous in my opinion. Enough of the thigh high boots… its all she seems to wear when the weather gets cold. But the girl is fierce (in style only).

comme-coco.blogspot.com
    Jen

4. Madpet says:

I like everything about this look except that fugly fur. I detest fur with a passion. It seems to cheapen her entire look.

5. I have a BAH (big azz head) too! lol! I found a cute one at H&M I shoulda snapped up. But didn’t.

6. Jada King says:

Whenever Kim dresses like this she looks like her idol J.LO

7. Nicole says:

Werk it Kim K!!!…I will most def be copying this look!…Bebe have some new boots that would go great with that fur vest!

8. Ashley says:

I love me some hats. I just recently purchased a charcoal grey wide brimmed fedora. I can’t wait to wear it and will definitely be buying more hats.

9. Lainea says:

J. Lo wore this 10 years ago.

10. NikkiBellaRay says:

I am def down with this trend, I have a big head too but with a little tug, I’m good to go! Kim K really looks fab!

11. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Love it! I’m a hat type of person…definitely will be bringing out my fedora!

12. ANGELA says:

love this trend since early j.lo…lol…. I still have mine,must blow the dustbunnies off

13. Kitty B. says:

I have a 5 head going on (Riri, Tyra) you the my point…I found some cute hats over at Top shop….take a swing there if you can or try their website!

14. Kitty B. says:

you get my point* Typo…

15. mahoganyb says:

I almost didn’t see Humphries back there!

16. Tam says:

No, Kim is not looking good. She is toooo overdone and the vest that is a cross between Big Bird and Snuffalagus is an absolute FAIL!!!

17. BougieHippie says:

F! that hat I’m into the fur KimK is donning! its BEYOND!

18. nicy says:

Kim K looks awesome as always-she is at that just right point; if she would’ve added even a bracelet it would have been too much! Her hat is f*ckin A! Mary J. looks tailored and well put together as always; although I love Zoe sometimes she looks thrown together.

girlogic.blogspot.com

19. yusufswifee says:

I have a big head also…and more hats than a little bit…Will definitely be trying this. I have been able to find hats just about everywhere…and of course they all fit better now that I have no hair:-)

I like this look except for the vest.

20. Kapri_H says:

Kim is looking very cha-cha-ish/circa J.Lo in 2001. I like Zoe’s look better. I can dig a dressed down fedora look. But a dressed up fedora look is always a hit or miss, IMO. Usually a miss.

21. MIssRich says:

yes to this post, i did a post on floppy hats it is such a good look for FALL 2011

22. Can anyone identify the boot?

23. Crystal says:

everytime i put on a hat i just feel down right silly.

24. TicaPica says:

won’t lie, I feel a bit salty that we’re only getting this post now because hats have been trending for literally, the WHOLE of 2011. Anyhow, Kim K looks contrived, and my fave hat donner (haha) is Nicole Richie

25. Digg says:

I have been rockin’ fedoras for a minute, but I do not have one with a wide brim…must go shop now!!

26. SxyDread says:

I LOVE this trend. because i have locs and most women’s hats don’t fit my head, I tend to buy men’s hats in smaller sizes and they work perfectly. just a tip for my sisters with locs…

27. Jihan says:

Oh Claire, I had the intention of buying ONE hat at asos 50% off sale, and then I saw they had a wide brimmed fedora on sale as well so… you know I had to.

I put full blame on this post!

28. This look is best with long hair. It is not for everyone. It can look a little costumey. Need a little bit of swag to pull this off.