October 21st, 2011
Fashion News, Rihanna
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Nicole Richie happily continues her empire building, launching a fragrance to complement her wildly popular accessories and clothing line, House of Harlow.

Apparently the scent will be, “cool, classy, with an edge,” just like her. (WWD)

• Here’s a peek at one of the few shows on OWN you’ll actually want to watch. In this clip of Tom Ford‘s documentary set to air Sunday, October 21, he talks about the morning after he left Gucci. He says: “I didn’t know who I was, I didn’t know what I was supposed to be.” Ah, I know, Tom,  life can be so confusing when you’re not constantly jetting from city to fabulous city. (StyleCaster)

• Butt modeling: it’s an actual thing for audiences outside King and Smooth magazines. And Victoria’s Secret model Chrissy Teigen claims it’s harder than it looks: “I was a backside model for Victoria’s Secret’s website and it ended up being the most painful thing I have done. It’s the four little pictures of different angles if you click on a picture of a bottom — they have people come in and do that. No face involved, just butt. I had to pop my butt out the entire time and I remember that my back was in the most pain of my entire life.” But before you feel too sorry for her, she notes: “Let’s face it– it’s not that difficult to be a swimsuit model” No kidding. (Stylelist)

• If you were interested in watching four and a half minutes of Rihanna making out with some guy who looks eerily like Chris Brown, watch her music video for “We Found Love.” Also: who lights ten joints at once? Wouldn’t one suffice? At least she looks cute! (Rihanna VEVO)

• Here goes WWD getting us all excited again, speculating about Marc Jacobs‘ possible move to Dior:“Negotiations with Marc Jacobs . . . to become Dior’s next couturier have been progressing, sources said this week. It is understood . . . Phoebe Philo remains the preferred candidate to succeed Jacobs at Vuitton, should the American designer conclude a deal with Dior.” (Fashionologie)

• Looks like New York may have no choice but start fashion week a little bit earlier this September.  Diane Von Furstenberg, president of the CFDA has reportedly “[P]roposed to Mr. Boselli that New York ‘bite the bullet’ next year and move its dates earlier, in exchange for a formal agreement about 2013 and beyond.” Honestly, with Milan’s unwillingness to budge, this sounds like the best solution considering the circumstances. (NYTimes)

~Jihan

26 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Nicole Richie to Launch Fragrance, Rihanna’s New Music Video, and Diane Von Furstenberg Submits Fashion Week Scheduling Proposal”

1. T1K says:

Hmmm….. Interesting video. I don’t find him cute by the way…

2. llehsal says:

I love that video. Reminds me eerily of a situation I was once in re a relationship. It was hella rocky but still I could not get away. Similiar to drugs and booze. You suffer and always in pain, but you still do it. I love love love this video.

3. Martinique_Fr says:

You’re right Jihan, finally something on OWN that I’ll be interested to watch.

That video disturbed me.

5. MIssRich says:

I love Rihanna’s denim looks in the We Found love video!

6. rebecca says:

that video is comparing love to a drug… addictive, damaging, yet you cant seem to get away from it.. loved it

7. sun.kissed says:

I’m absolutely convinced this song and video is about her and Chris Brown’s relationship.

8. Monica says:

I loved Rihanna’s video and it was DEFINITELY about her and Chris Brown. I was waiting on him to hit her in the car…

9. shelly says:

Dar Jihan

They were CIGARETTES!!!! not joints. Watching the video, you can tell it has a “rocker” feel to it, and I’ve seen rock stars do the whole “light a whole bunch of cigarettes” thing. It think its more about being artistic/abstract/over-the-top, not to be taken literal.

10. shelly says:

*Dear, not Dar

11. Natasha says:

Um no they were joints. The video is filled with visual euphemisms of getting high because she is comparing love to drugs.

12. britishelle says:

am i the only one that finds rihanna’s “rockstar” image so cringey? she’s more contrived than the hills.

13. bnasty19 says:

I really loved that video because it hit me in a way that I didn’t know it would . Kudos to Rihanna ! She’s clearly not slowing down :) and im very proud of her #TalkThatTalk

14. c.lette says:

lol yea they are ciggerettes, you can see the filter on the ends.

15. RaySmilesAllot says:

yea so the song is pretty wak but ill admit the video was vaguely interesting. As it obviously was a portrayal of her relation ship with CB.( i was definitely waiting for her to get hit in the car!) Oh i cant wait to watch the documentary on OWN (finally!)

16. anonymous says:

@natasha

joints do have tan/filtered ends =/

17. anonymous says:

ooops, I meant to say DONT^^^

18. B. says:

Those were definitely cigarettes, not joints. No joint is perfectly, mechanically rolled like that. And @Natasha, tobacco is a drug, too, smoking 10 cigarettes at once would definitely have an impact in line with the metaphor underlying the video. I quite like it, to be honest, but at the same time I’m not 100% wowed… probably because all of Calvin Harris’s tracks sound exactly the same. She looks good, though!

19. Jihan says:

meh… they looked like joints to me at the time… guess it’s time to up my glasses prescription?

20. Grace says:

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand time: Rihanna can’t sing for sh!t.

21. Grace says:

PS @britishelle, I completely agree. I don’t believe her, she needs more people…

22. Dani says:

LOVE LOVE LOOOOVED THE VIDEO!!!!!

23. The SavSter says:

Wonder what kinda joints y’all be smokin?… Love the video and its conveyed message.

24. Rihanna’s ‘We Found Love’ that is ;)

25. Crystal says:

oh i love this video and i didn’t think i would from the stills. lol @ jihan…i haven’t heard anybody say ‘joint’ since 1983. i’m excited for the house of harlow fragrance. her clothes and accessories are nice!