October 19th, 2011
Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• BFF’s Tika Sumpter and Lala Vazquez-Anthony are poised to make their chic getaway in Vibe magazine’s October/November 2011 issue. (Necole Bitchie)

• Why do certain individuals continue to act like Carrie Bradshaw was the first woman to wear a gold nameplate necklace? Frank Gargione over at Racked explores the “re-emerging” trend: “Being jaded, we have to wonder if you, as costumers, are telling us these characters are fun and quirky and just like a little throwback trashy gold, and are wearing it as sort of a fashion gag; or if these characters are Sex and the City mega-fans who think they’re the Carries in their friend groups and, as such, need to wear a nameplate necklace. All because Carrie was a character who was fun and quirky and liked a little throwback trashy gold all in the name of a fun fashion gag.” Sigh. Where is LaKia from third grade when I need her? (Racked)

• Designer of notoriously painful (albeit beautiful) shoes, Christian Louboutin, seems to think the feeling of the female orgasm is similar to the pain experienced from hours of walking in heels: “[W]hat is sexual in a high heel is the arch of the foot, because it is exactly the position of a woman’s foot when she orgasms. So putting your foot in a heel, you are putting yourself in a possibly orgasmic situation.” Riddle me this, Mr. Louboutin, if I had an orgasm each time I arched my foot, don’t you think I would constantly be on my tiptoes? (Daily Mail)

Fern Mallis, founder of New York Fashion Week, says Helmut Lang is the reason New York kicks off Fashion Month: “New York was last, always until Helmut Lang moved his business from Belgium to America and set up headquarters here. And he said, ‘I don’t want to show after Europe, I want to show first.’” Hmm… maybe Helmut can make some demands and solve next year’s Fashion Month hullabloo? (Fashionista)

• 17-year old Jamaican top model, Shena Moulton, explains the evolution of her personal style to WWD: “Because of the industry, I have to dress simply. Before I was a model, I always wore bright colors and patterns but as a model, you’re encouraged to wear more classic stuff. My closet now is all black and gray. I wish I could dress like Rihanna. She doesn’t care. She dresses how she wants. That’s her style. No one can say, “Rihanna you must dress like this today, you must dress like that tomorrow.” In this industry, you always have to look the part. You never know when your agency will call you and say, hey, you have a shoot or hey, you have a casting. You can’t have an ugly day.” As if it is possible for her to have an ugly day! (WWD)

~Jihan

7 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Tika Sumpter and Lala Pose For This Month’s Vibe Magazine, Christian Louboutin Thinks His Shoes are Orgasmic, and Shena Moulton Talks Personal Style”

1. KBS says:

Does Chris Lou indulge in hallucinogenic narcotics?

2. zimbabwechic says:

Really Mr. Louboutin? Last time I checked my feet don’t hurt so bad that I’m hobbling around after an orgasm or three. Please let’s not try to make high heels into something profound they are just f-ing high heels that happen to cripple the women who wear them.

3. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

Christian needs to stop talking, like, yesterday. I doubt homeboy knows anything about what a woman’s feet do when she has an orgasm. That’s what’s wrong with fashion now, women being told what is beautiful by men who aren’t even sexually attracted to women! That’s why models look like 12 yr old boys!

4. SxyDread says:

this and other ignorant remarks from ole Christian are precisely the reason I won’t be caught dead in his shoes. let him wear them, develop a bad back, corns, callouses, hammer toes, bunions and the like, all while thinking of an orgasm. *smdh*

as for the whole “Carrie Bradshaw nameplat debacle”… I’ve wondered since SITC was on, why everyone thought her wearing a nameplate was such a “novel” idea… I had one in my teens, she did nothing new or “marvelous” and by the time she rocked it… it was old and played. another bout of fashion stealing from the masses and calling it “original”.

5. Crystal says:

lala looks amazing! so i guess he’s saying when you climax, your foot arches? sort of true. lol. but that has nothing to do with why most of his shoes are not made for a human foot.

6. Miss Smith says:

Jihan is a riot! Haha!

7. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Tika and Lala…Airbrushed??? Too much…