October 13th, 2011
Fashion News, Kanye West
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Viola Davis is featured in ELLE Magazine‘s “Women in Hollywood” issue, as the lone black woman working in Hollywood.

(ELLE)

• Jean Paul Gaultier wishes we would leave poor John Galliano alone! “I think it is completely sad that he doesn’t have his own label anymore. I think it’s bad. There are some people who say and do terrible things and they are not even punished for it.” Mr. Galliano should therefore not be punished for saying something terrible. (UK Independent)

Kanye West is set to perform at the upcoming Victoria’s Secret fashion show, which is appropriate, as the man is quite well versed in which clothing best exposes a woman’s chest. (The Cut)

• Here’s a look at designer Christian Cota‘s third capsule collection with Aldo shoes. This season, Cota opts for a  tough girl vibe with a series of hardware laden boots. You like? (Stylelist)

• The Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute has confirmed that next year’s exhibit will be a retrospective on the work of Miuccia Prada and Elsa Schiaparelli. For those wondering why the institute chose these two women: “While Schiaparelli’s work can’t reference Prada’s — she died in 1973 — and Prada’s work never references Schiaparelli’s, there are “significant resonances” between their designs, according to Koda. “They are both very provocative for their time,” Koda said. “We thought it would be very interesting to pit these two women together in an anachronistic conversation.” (The Cut)

~Jihan

10 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Viola Davis featured in ELLE, Kanye West to Perform at Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, and Miuccia Prada x Elsa Schirapelli Met Exhibit Confirmed”

1. Savage says:

JPG is right, there are many designers who are degenerate scum but they get away with it. And I’m all about Mr. Cota’s line for Aldo!! Even though he wears more makeup than my mother..lol

2. Miss Smith says:

I concur with Savage. Viola looks cute, but I’m not sure about this Met Exhibit. McQueen set the bar pretty high.

3. LawyerChic says:

The boot pictured are to die for…the other boot in the line is blaah and looks JUST like a boot I bought last fall.

4. Sticky-n-Sweet says:

Monsieur Gaultier, I’m sorry…ole boy messed with the Jews, and they just don’t play. He brought that on himself…

5. zimbabwechic says:

JPG needs to realize you can say what you want about black people in the fashion industry but the the people who pay you are the Jewish people who happen to own the luxury conglomerates, don’t bite the hands that feed you, you’ll find yourself swiftly starving. Uncle Karl has mastered the art of saying despicable things but never about his bosses.

6. [...] from: The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Viola Davis featured in ELLE … [...]

7. bougiehippie says:

Poor Kanye and his sucky line.

8. Pink Crystal says:

Dislike the boots, too manly looking.

9. Dee says:

Hooray for Ms Davis. She has come a might long way :o)

10. Sarah says:

Yay…I love Elsa Schiaparelli….I first learned about her during my time at F.I.T and loved her work ever since, especially the shoe hat my favorirte piece!! she was an amazing surreal artist/designer. I can not wait to checkout the exhibit! Thanks for the update Claire