October 7th, 2011
Beyonce, Fashion News, Kanye West
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Anna Dello Russo attended the Alexander McQueen show in all Yeezy everything, including the furry shoes.

If you were wondering how one could wear that extreme plunging neckline, there’s your answer.  Anna Dello Russo: Letting Kanye be Great (MTV Style)

• But what did Anna Wintour have to say about Kanye’s collection? “Ask someone else” (Fashionista)

Disney Couture and London jewelry house Mawi have teamed up to create a limited edition collection of Minnie Mouse inspired jewelry. Prices range from $75-$250. Cute, no? (Racked)

Left, Alexis Bittar. Right, Belle Noel

• Jewelry designer Alexis Bittar says Kim Kardashian‘s jewelry line, Belle Noel has knocked off several of their pieces. “I saw that Kim’s pieces were very similar to mine, and she definitely has been taking note (of my designs). The tricky thing is that we have sent pieces to Kim in the past to wear, so now I have told my staff we cannot send anything to her. She was definitely influenced by my designs without a doubt.” This isn’t the first time a Kardashian has been accused of knocking off other designers, but I don’t think these pieces are similar enough to make such a claim this time. (Styleite)

• Oh, and if you were wondering if Beyoncé still looks good in a sequin minidress with the baby belly, the answer is yes. (MTV)

~Jihan

30 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Anna Dello Russo Wears DW by Kanye West, Is Kim Kardashian Knocking Off Alexis Bittar?, and Beyoncé’s Music Video for “Countdown””

1. The SavSter says:

KimK is definitely not that creative, but those pieces don’t look that similar. One is a cuff and the other is a bangle.

2. jasmine says:

i dont see the similarity between kim and (whats-her-face’s) peices

3. jasmine says:

(snaps) alexis bittar’s

4. @velvetpout says:

I agree with Jasmine, I dont see any similarities between Kim’s bracelets and this designer. If that is the case then she might as well go after every other designer and department store as well. Everyone is selling stacked, jeweled bracelets.

5. [...] original post here: The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Anna Dello Russo Wears DW … [...]

6. addikted2fashion says:

a Kardashian is knocking off someone?!? *insert fake shocked look here*
    Anna really is the “Coldest Wintour”.
    Beyonce couldve kept that Countdown video. The song seemed to go on and on much longer than usual b/c I was so bored by the video. I spent the entire time praying her big pregnant breasts didnt flop out of those flimsy shirts she was wearing.

7. KBS says:

I am loving the black shoes the DW model is wearing. anyone know if the price is attainable for mere mortals??
    Those bracelets are as different as rubber bands on your arm. Stop it.
    Bey is cute as ever in the video, but I was a little underwhelmed. I still love the song.

8. Mrs Windy City says:

Hopefully by Anna Dello Russo wearing DW it will hush the naysayers. I loved the collection.

You have to remember a fashion show is just that- a fashion show.
    Pieces can be transformed for everyday wear

9. Nessa B says:

No homo but Beyonce’s boobs look bigger to me. I dont know if its just me who thinks that.

10. Nessa you don’t have to say NO Homo for that! Girl! They are getting bigger because she is preggo.

11. i love anna wintour says:

i freaking love anna wintour!!!

she can throw shade and salt like no other!!! lololol…

12. fda says:

I think the Yeezy hate is about designers not wanting a BLACK man, particularly a rapper to shine… A few yrs. ago actors were complaining that Ice T and Ice Cube were taking up slots in hollywood for Black actors, well this is sort of similar. If you notice, its only other designers speaking negatively about ‘Ye’s collection. They act like they don’t know what high fashion is. There are plenty of Balmain pieces that are not for everyday wear. Besides, since when did a woman’s cleavage become so offensive. I see women wearing low cut dresses to parties all the time! Shine on, YE!!!

Tell Alexis Bittar to sit all the way down!

14. yusufswifee says:

it is cuz she is preggers…she is pregnant in this video, no…can’t watch it at work…

Oh and really Alexis…those bracelets look nothing alike…I’m sure I can find both designs at ICING – yeah, I said it….

15. Madpet says:

I’ve always wanted to know, can someone please tell me, Claire or any one who has seen her up close. Is Anne Wintour wearing a wig???? Cause I’m convinced that she is.

16. bnasty19 says:

Let Yeezy be greattt! lol

1. the intro the Countdown : beyonce’ is fuuny as hell (boyyyy)
    2. Anna Wintour’s wig has been looking a little dull lately …
    3. the black dress from Kanye’s collection is to die for ! LOVE IT

-no more green body suits and church hats Beyonce’

17. T1K says:

I L.O.V.E that song, but ehhh… I’m not liking that video #mess

18. Digg says:

I’m not seeing the similarities, that has to be a wig and I love the video…very 1966 in the Village.

19. Fashionably Late says:

20. I love Beyonce and LOVE that video! :) Hot mama.

21. B. says:

Alexis Bittar, c’mon now, those bracelets are nothing alike.

Anna Dello Russo looks great.

22. Dani says:

-_____- Sooo mad I watched that video… I was JUST starting to like the song. Oh well.

23. binks says:

I don’t really see the big deal with Kanye’s line, sure it didn’t give me life but it wasn’t the worst line I seen and it did have some pretty goo pieces. I like Beyonce’s video it was cute and fun. And I don’t see the similarity between the bracelets

24. [...] is the original post:  The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Anna Dello Russo Wears DW … jQuery(document).ready(function($) { [...]

25. Maryse says:

@ Fashionably Late you are so right, especially since she has been married to Jay-Z for I don’t know how long…

And by that I mean, how come it took so long to make a baby there? Career moves all the way. First the baby would have been in the way of it and now that the attention for her is waning she has to get pregnant to keep some of it.

Also, Kelly got a lot of comments on her hairpieces when she rocked the less suitable ones (for her small face shape), but I wonder what you call that thing on Beyonce’s head? She should have kept her own (damaged but still better) hair.

26. hauteness says:

@Fashionably Late: Preach!!!! “{Sigh} It seems as if Beyonce is regressing instead of progressing. And I find it alarming that a woman who previously and adamantly guarded her privacy seems to be exploiting her pregnancy for commercial gain. I don’t think anyone is as impressed as she is about her getting pregnant for her husband, Jay-Z. All of the little sexual innuendo are off-putting for a 30-year old pregnant woman. She has always seemed a little immature and it’s getting worse by the mile.”

27. Whitney says:

Loved the Countdown vid. Very vintage and fun. I love how she always does what is not the norm, every other pop vid looks the same except hers.

And, I must add Beyoncé is hands down the most beautiful woman in the industry. Gorgeous.

And those bracelets look nothing alike to me.

28. Crystal says:

stole 90% of that video from a belgian choreographer. but beyonce steals alot of her work. she stole run the world from an african dance group, she stole her billboard awards show from an italian show. she doesn’t hide it, she just banks on the fact that she’s so famous, nobody will care…that’s how arrogant she is imo….

29. Anna Wintour is the queen of snarkity sassy snark-snark.

30. [...] there you have it! It’s good to see a celebrity other than Kim Kardashian or Anna Dello Russo rocking Kanye West’s line. This is overall a cute look for Ms. Monica [...]