October 6th, 2011
Fashion News, Nicki Minaj
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• With not a chicken wing necklace or puff ball in sight, Nicki Minaj takes us back to her “Itty Bitty Piggy” days in all black with pink accents for the cover of this month’s Cosmopolitan. She is the second black woman in three years to cover the glossy. Do you like this toned down shot of Nicki? (Beauty is Diverse)

• In this behind the scenes look at Beyoncé‘s upcoming commercial for L’Oreal Paris, watch the diva drool over a lovely spread at an on-set buffet table. She laments about her inability to partake in the delicious cheese platter: “This isn’t fair,” she says, munching glumly on a celery stick. At least she has self control! I am notorious for indiscriminately shoveling all types of buffet table nibbles down my throat. Beyoncé: a woman with willpower so great, she can withstand the Siren call of the cheese platter. (The Cut)

• Now for some gratuitous man candy: the delectable Idris Elba covers Essence Magazine‘s November issue. YUM. (Necole Bitchie)

Urban Outfitters takes their Store on Tour to cities lacking locations for the hipster- beloved retailer. The first stop is Columbia, South Carolina, and the pop up is shop open from Thursday, October 6th (that’s today!) through Sunday, October 9. The store will be located in a parking lot at 1022 Senate Street Columbia, SC 29201 and open from 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Check out this video showing how they put it all together!

• No, I will not stop with the Versace x H&M previews. For the conspicuous gentleman, here’s a neon leopard, beach scene, and sun emblem print jacket. Fellas, would you wear this? (nitro:licious)

~Jihan

25 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Nicki Minaj Covers Cosmopolitan’s November 2011 Issue, Urban Outfitters ‘Store on Tour’ Makes its First Stop, and A Men’s Look From The Versace x H&M Collab”

1. Savage says:

She doesn’t look wacky, she isn’t white washed, her ass isn’t the size of Jupiter, it looks good..she actually looks good..

2. Dee says:

Wow@ Cosmo and the lack of color on the cover. I am loving Nicki toned down. I haven’t picked up a copy of Cosmo in years…but with Nicki Nick on the cover…I just might.

3. Nicki doesn’t always have to have chicken bones or bears attached to her fashion attire to stand out.Sometimes she does The.Absolute.Most I think she looks gorgeous on the November Issue of Cosmo. Rock Out Nicki!

4. Chimee says:

I can not wait Versace x H&M the previews are driving me crazy! Good crazy! lol

s/o to Nicki we did it QUEENS!

6. llehsal says:

Who was the other black woman? Oh and Nicki looks great!

7. sun.kissed says:

While I like that Nicki is on the cover of Cosmo, I don’t like her pose. She looks too around the way, like her best friend is snapping pics for facebook. Speaking of covers, it looks like we’ve seen this cover of Idris 1000 times before. Will Essence give us something different?

8. Lee says:

Jihan….your write about Beyonce has my a** here cracking up!!!! LOL…..the time she’s there talking about cookies I think I would have eaten 5 and 2 pieces of cheese!!!!

9. Jihan says:

@Ileshal– the other has been Rihanna, and apparently she’d cover the mag twice. I guess Beyonce and Zoe Saldana haven’t been doing ANY work int he past three years. I wonder how many times Olivia Wilde has covered the mag since 2008?

@Lee– u know it! one time I was at an event and nobody else was eating the nibbles, and it was me standing by the buffet table alone, with everyone staring at me. (I kept eating :))

10. Madpet says:

Oh snap!! Look at Nicki Minaj looking all normal.

11. Jackie says:

I love Nicki’s cover! She’s adorable when she isn’t dressed like a Muppet :)

12. Marthe says:

Oh, thank god the beautiful Nicki is back :) I love you!

13. Marthe says:

Or wait, Nicki always has been beautiful, but for a certain time she just got covered up in a burqa of puffballs, plush animals and gasmasks.

14. Well done Cosmo—Nicki looks normal and she looks great.

15. shelly says:

Nicki looks gorgeous. She’s always been a beautiful girl…its just been hard to really notice with all the “other” stuff, lol. I would love to see her do this (simple) look more often.

16. Marsha D says:

I saw this cover yesterday…she looks awesome!

17. The cover is nice :)

18. addikted2fashion says:

this is honestly the first picture of nicki minaj that i did not side eye. however, i wouldve preferred a different pose. but, overall the cover is a good look.

oh, idris. you dont owe me nothing!

19. [...] here to see the original: The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Nicki Minaj Covers … • Posted by admin • Thursday, October 6th, 2011 at 2:07 pm • (0) Comment [...]

20. Miss Rina says:

Versace for H&M, Versace for H&M,Versace for H&M, Versace for H&M, Versace for H&M, Versace for H&M, Versace for H&M, Versace for H&M, Im excited can’t you tell.

21. Kahalia says:

The Versace and jacket looks very Biggie and Puffy when I was in high school, that is to say 1996. *shrugs*. Some ppl will do anything for a label.

22. B. says:

I love Beyonce but the fact that L’Oreal conducts its own animal testing and has one of the worst animal cruelty records in the beauty industry really puts me off.

23. [...] this link: The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Nicki Minaj Covers … [...]

24. Frost says:

The pose w/ Nicki is a bit awkward, but I love that they selected her as their covergirl. I’ve been a fan of Cosmo for awhile now, but I hate how they have a lack of diversity for their covers. There are PLENTY of black/asian/latina celebrities to feature.

I’d love that Versace jacket for myself! I am too excited for this. I’m moving to Atlantic Station this weekend, and I WILL be standing outside that H&M at 5 in the morning.

25. ashleyv says:

It’s about time (Nicki)
    The clown look isn’t working.