October 5th, 2011
Ethnic Models, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Jourdan Dunn shares a sentiment many of us have felt on a few occasions.

She took to her twitter account backstage at a fashion show saying, “I swear some people need to learn how to do black hair/skin.” You would be correct, my dear Ms. Dunn. (Jourdan Dunn’s Twitter)

Nia Long bares her pregnant belly for the cover of Ebony Magazine‘s November 2011 issue. I think this is one of the best pregnant covers I’ve seen! Think they’d be able to coerce Beyoncé into doing the pregnant belly cover I crave? (Beauty is Diverse)

• While certain other designers may not take criticism so well, there are still those who realize when their so-called “haters” have a point. Bill Gaytten, who took over for John Galliano after his departure from Dior, says the overwhelming criticism his Fall 2011 couture collection received was “deserved and fair.” From the mouth of a fashion veteran: this is how to graciously accept the fact that your work as a designer may not always be lauded by others. (Jezebel)

• Fashion month is barely over, and there’s a whole hullabaloo about the schedule in New York, Paris, Milan, and London for next year. The second Thursday in September and February had already been agreed upon by respective Fashion Week governing bodies, but in order to avoid conflict with Labor Day Weekend, New York has pushed its fashion week back to September 13 (!), 2012. This change puts Milan in a difficult position when it comes to getting everything ready on time. So, Milan announced a date overlapping with London Fashion Week. Condé Nast is not taking too kindly to this! WWD says: “‘We at Condé Nast do not want the schedule to be changed. We very much oppose moving the Milan shows earlier so that they overlap or conflict with the London fashion shows — or with the New York fashion shows or those of any market.’ They will not under any circumstances abandon the London or New York shows if the Milan shows are moved earlier.” Unfortunately for the magazine publishing giant, Condé Nast really does not have a say in this, and cannot make such demands. First, the possible end of Fashion’s Night Out, and now this? Let’s hope these fashion powers-that-be get it together! (Fashionista)

• There will never be enough Versace x H&M previews to satiate us until November 19th, when the collection officially arrives in stores. Check out this preview in ELLE UK, modeled by the ever-puckering Lindsey Wixon. Are you feeling this particular look? (nitro:licious)

~Jihan

20 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Jourdan Dunn Has A Word For Hair & Makeup Backstage in Paris, A Pregnant Nia Long Covers Ebony’s November 2011 Issue, and Another Versace x H&M Preview”

1. Nicole says:

The long hair on Nia #FAIL

2. PA In Progress says:

@Nicole AGREED!

3. Miss Smith says:

Nia Long is beautiful but I can’t STAND naked pregnancy covers. They’re overdone (I.e. Demi Moore, Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, etc.). Pregnant women are mind-blowingly beautiful but when we’re bombarded w/ sextapes & leaked photos of our favorite celebs on a regular basis, then I think we can stand to do without a naked cover or 2. Just my 2 cents.

Isn’t there a way to showcase a pregnant woman’s beauty with her clothes on?

5. katie says:

Jourdan Dunn: lol, that must suck. I refuse to call someone a hair stylist if they can’t style all kinds of hair.
    Nia: She doesn’t have the facial structure imo to sport long hair.
    John Galliano: Kanye needs to take a page out of his book.

6. Nickieluv says:

Love the pic of Nia!

7. Savage says:

I love the cover, and they usually photograph pregnant women in the nude bc of what pregnancy represents. It is the natural production of life. A pregnant women’s body for so long was covered up, and women were told that they should go into hiding when they were with child but now the pregnant body is celebrated..And I’m sure Beyonce can’t wait to get on a clam shell, naked to show her belly like and naked body like Venus Di Milo..lol

Btw That Dior show was tragic..

8. [...] The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Jourdan Dunn Has A Word … [...]

9. ladyluo says:

Don’t particularly love the cover. It seems so awkward

10. sun.kissed says:

I don’t like Nia’s cover, however I do like the Versace/H&M look. I not sure how wearable it is though.

11. [...] here to read the rest: The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Jourdan Dunn Has A Word … • Posted by admin • Wednesday, October 5th, 2011 at 12:00 pm • (0) Comment [...]

12. Mads says:

I’ve been pregnant, twice, and I simply do not like naked pregnant women on magazine covers. Demi started an unfortunate trend and now every celeb worth her Louboutins is clamouring for a cover. If they want one fine, but please keep it between you and your baby Daddy!

13. Jos says:

Yes Jordan! I am French and let me tell you that the majority of the hairdressers and the make-up artists in France know nothing about hair and black skin.

14. shelly says:

Thank you for your comment @Savage. I totally agree with you. Nia is flawless.

15. Christie says:

Nia is flawless , but the whole nude pregnancy picks are reallllly way over done .
    & I CANT WAIT FOR VERSACE x HM !!!

16. Ladyshawann says:

Nia is lovely, just so every one knows the Great Patti Labelle was the 1st to do the preg pics

17. Erin says:

Love the pictures of Nia. She is so beautiful….

18. [...] wasn’t afraid to speak out about those who didn’t know how to handle black hair and skin during Paris Fashion Week and she garnered campaigns for Yves Saint Laurent Beauté, Burberry and Burberry [...]

19. [...] afraid to speak out about those who didn’t know how to handle black hair and skin during Paris Fashion Week and she garnered campaigns for Yves Saint Laurent Beauté, Burberry and Burberry [...]

20. Xingguo says:

I’m seriosuyl savntaliig at teh shoes witht he mark fast dress. These are gorgeous looks, but the baby hairs aroudn her hairline put me off slightly. I adore how effortless she made teh mark fast and moreover the fulyl beaded cavalli gown. If only everyone coudl do it with such ease (coughs *leamichele* coughs)