October 5th, 2011
Concert, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Style Inspiration: What to Wear to Watch the Throne

So it seems a lot of you are going to see Kanye and Jay-Z’s Watch the Throne concert!
Kimmi says, “I understand that you’ve covered what to wear to a concert plenty of times before. However, I will be attending the Watch the Throne concert on November 19 in Atlantic City. Given that Jay and Kanye are so iconic in music as well as fashion, that this deserves its own entry. So please, what to wear to Watch the Throne??” Erica added, “I am one of the lucky people to score tix to the Watch the Throne concert in Chicago Dec.1st. Can you please give me a few ideas on what to wear to the concert. Keep in mind, I am attending with my boyfriend, and we are going to the club afterwards…Help! And thanks in advance. :)”
You lucky ladies. Ah, what I would give to rap “That $hit Cray,” along with Jay and ‘Ye. Sigh.
For concerts I tend to go for casual, but as we saw at Rihanna’s New Jersey concert, you can get pretty dressy! For Erica, strike a balance between relaxed and glam by pairing a tank with a leather skirt, sequined jacket and practical heels:

You’ll most likely be sitting most of the time, but if you want to turn it out for the club, heels it is! Just be sure to bring a pair of fast flats in your clutch:

If you’re more casual (ahem like me), I’d play it cool in black jeggings and a black leather jacket with a tank:

Get a few more options for less here:

What do you think?

21 Responses to “Style Inspiration: What to Wear to Watch the Throne”

1. Gambian Queen says:

Cute…price? Not so cute.

2. Tate® says:

There are several sequin jackets for UNDER $200 that are all over shopstyle…I love the site, but wish you guys would do a better job of finding items that cost less cringing at the thought of a $3K plus outfit for a concert…or anything else for that matter

3. CrimsonDiva says:

OMG Claire!! I was going to send this same inquiry. I’m going to the ATL Watch the Throne concert with my hubby and was thinking about going with a look similar to the second one but with red jeans and leopard shoes or booties. What do you think about that?

4. Cute outfits! I need to save my pennies to get tix. lol!!

5. Ay says:

I’m going to the NJ show…can’t wait! I’ll probably do all black everything *bbm cool face*

6. antiSOCIAL says:

I sent in the same request! LOL Nov 1st in Baltimore=) But anyways this post is very helpful, I was looking for something similar to outfit #2

7. dyshaun says:

Claire is not saying these are the only jackets that will get you the look. Its a sequin jacket for somebody goods sake…ebay literally has 1000s from $10 to $5k.

Great outfits Claire. We are inspired.

8. candicurl says:

like the style.to copy for less? -yes!

9. binks says:

LOVE the second outfit

10. Pink Crystal says:

Lmao! That Juicy Couture Rebel Without Couture is a dog t-shirt.

11. Miss Rina says:

Love em both a little too rich for my blood but Haute.

12. [...] Style Inspiration: What to Wear to Watch the Throne  » http:// fashionbombdaily.com [...]

13. llehsal says:

Love these outfits! WOW!

14. E.Jay says:

I don’t think the cage booties would work in a concert or club setting. Drinks spilled, feet stepped on? Shoot, you might lose a toenail that way, no joke. They’re cute but no thank you.

Im going on Nov 5th and I will be in all Red in an ode to Kanye and his red suits : )

16. Crystal M. says:

OMG @Crimson I guess I should do an outfit change as I was wearing red jeans, denim top, and leopard booties for the ATL concert on the 29th. Where are you sitting?

17. CrimsonDiva says:

@Crystal sorry so late…we are sitting in section 114. The floor seats we were gonna get were waaaaay in the back! I’m good though as long as I’m in the house =) Maybe we’ll run into each other!

18. Love both> just need cheap prices :)

19. MIssRich says:

all these looks are HOTTTT!!! love the leathers, cheetah prints and touch of reds…

20. NikkiB says:

I too will be attending the Watch the Throne show in Washington D.C. I was going to wear a fitted midi hot red skirt with a tee shirt (have not found a funky tee yet, so if anyone knows of one please help) and a leather jacket paired with some silver studded hi top nike dunks, i want to wear sneakers because i seriously want to get my party on. Does anyone have any advice.

21. shaquella w says:

I will be attending the watch the throne concert on November 3rd @ the verizon center in Washington DC. I am going with my bf and me and him will be wearing some butter timbs in tribute of the timbs jayz and kanye always wear a white vneck ,blue sweater(H&m) and some light blue levi denim jeans from Macy’s .. any comments should I switch the style up?.